new voice channel

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by k9delta, Jan 5, 2017.

1. k9delta

For everybody who don't want to open discord or TS or something like that ( hey a voice pannel exists already):

When you are in a veichle everything may happens, so you have to talk fastly about the weather like, so you can't write "johnny, there's an Highby over that ******* mountain where the sun comes", so we all need a new voice channel for people inside the veichle only.

Proximity voice may bother other players.

Ricercaboca, Miller. :)oops:sexy)
    • Up x 1
  2. Demigan

Proxy chat functions perfectly for these moments. And if someone is bothered by it he's just janking your chain. Surrounding infantry or tanks are also helped by info you share. And if the info isn't important then they still shouldn't complain.
  3. k9delta

But when the others are german or russian, i mean , when you hear somebody and you can't get a single their word, well, the thing becomes frustrating (even because their laguages sounds strange and eventually even awful)
  4. Badname707

Proxy chat works fine for slow moving vehicles. Sometimes in faster vehicles, such as harassers or aircraft, it can come through quietly.
  5. stalkish

Agree on in vehicle voice channel, makes perfect sense to me, should have been day 1 implementation.

In the mean time if you want to make your target communication efficent:
    [Target] > [Direction] > [Elevation]
    E.g.
    Liberator > North West > Low

Can even replace directions with compass points if you're typing - N, NE, E, SE, S, etc....
    No need for weather descriptions or sundial readings ;).

Apparantly you can create your own chat channels and add other players to it, but ive never managed to achieve this, and even if i could, how would the other player speak to me, what is the keybind for 'custom chat channel', ive no idea if there even is one so im dubious about that ability.
    • Up x 1
  6. zaspacer

They should add special channels for Armor (regional), Air (Continent), Zerg (Cluster), etc. Subgroups, custom groups, etc. as needed. For those groups to coordinate, or for others to join the chat and ask for Armor/Air/etc. assistance.

Instead we get fractured Squad and Outfit Chat. Reducing the MASSIVE Faction Coop Play game experience to the size of a small FPS.
    • Up x 1