plz put ps2 on the new nintendo

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DRAGON-5000v3, Dec 15, 2016.

1. DRAGON-5000v3

hey guys I have seen that the new Nintendo platform can run all the dark soul games pretty good so would it be possible for you guys to support it and do cross accounts and or cross play with the ps4 and if u have to down the graphics on it go ahead graphics are nice and all but it is not what makes the game great.

and can you guys add a new settings list to the ps4 where you can fully control the graphics to get the game to run really good let me know if u think if all this is a good ida
  2. Neo3602

I don't think that a game being able to play dark souls means it will be able to play Planetside 2
    • Up x 1
  3. DRAGON-5000v3

dark souls should use up about the same ram and cpuu power and if thay down the gpu for the game it should run even better on it plus a lot of other high end games are going to it that use more cpu power then ps2 and when you dock the tablet the gpu and cpu are over clocked on the new platform
  4. DRAGON-5000v3

dark souls should use up about the same ram and cpuu power and if thay down the gpu for the game it should run even better on it plus a lot of other high end games are going to it that use more cpu power then ps2 and when you dock the tablet the gpu and cpu are over clocked on the new platform
  5. DRAGON-5000v3

plus the new platform is said to have about if not the same performance as the ps4 and xbox one
  6. Pat22

Hahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaaha

Dark Souls must be absolutely horribly optimized if it uses the same resources as PS2.
  7. Valenz

???

U sure?
  8. CrimsonEclipse5

Name a single game that uses more CPU than PS2 under standard use. The only ones I can think of are physics sandboxes like Besiege, KSP, Space Engineers, etc, but they are literally designed to let you f*ck your PC's sh*t.

Dark souls doesn't even use a fraction of the CPU power that Planetside does. Though it is a lot more GPU intensive, granted.

What you have to understand is there doesn't exist a CPU on the market with enough power to run Planetside 2 at full load. I should know, I have an overclocked 6700K at 4.6ghz, and the game still tanks its framerate in large fights, to try and get an even remotely acceptable level of performance out of a handheld console is physically impossible with today's hardware.

I haven't really been keeping up with news about the Switch, but I sincerely doubt that it can achieve any real performance increase through overclocking when docked, as you still need to cool the components which continue to reside inside the handheld part (unless the dock has it's own GPU and CPU, in which case you're buying two CPUs and probably two GPUs as well, which seems a little wasteful when both sets of hardware will be sub par to start with).

Also of note: Devs don't read this forum. If you really want to get their attention I'm afraid you're going to have to jump over to reddit...
  9. JKomm

It is pretty badly optimized... also has the worst anti-cheat in history, it bans players for even being in a game with a hacker(Which they have zero control over with the invasion system). Though, that's the PC version, it's from a company that largely hates PC and will only care about the console versions.