Downside of Typhoon Rockets?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by YouWannaGetHigh, Dec 15, 2016.

1. YouWannaGetHigh

Flak-like Anti-air capabilities? What does that mean? I mean these rockets do more damage to air don't they?
  2. Jake the Dog

The rocklets explode near aircraft doing indirect damage too my knowledge, so you dont have to hit the craft. Typhoons take that away.
  3. Neo3602

If the Default rockets get near aircraft they blow up like a shot from the skyguards flack rounds, The Typhoon rockets do not to that which makes it harder to hit aircraft with them.
  4. Eternaloptimist

IIRC:
    • default ammo is dumbfire and does moderate vehicle damage and airbursts near aircraft as well
    • Locklet provides lock on but you can't dumbfire
    • Typhoon does more damage to vehicles but you lose the airburst effect of the default ammo
    • Up x 2
  5. Liewec123

its worth noting that although they don't explode in proximity with air, the advantages are far more than the description implies.
    not only does it increase AV damage but it also makes your rockets a 3 shot kill on infantry and gives you the ability to kill maxes in 2 mag dumps.
    imho Typhoons are the way to go for everyone except ESF pilots :)
  6. Daigons

From what I've seen, the default ammo is fine for just about all situations. I use Typhoons while I'm hunting vehicles or taking out Deployed Sundies that I just C4ed. So I can finally put away my Crossbow with explosive bolts. I'm not a fan of the Locklet ammo but you can lock onto vehicles while zipping around with your Drifters on which is interesting. You just can't dumbfire with Locklet amo.