Hacker is back and ruining battles on Emerald

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DorinFoehammer, Dec 12, 2016.

1. DorinFoehammer

Howdy,

There is a well known hacker on Emerald that plays multiple factions and he cheats on each one. Mostly he plays his TR and it's getting annoying. My outfit has said they are not coming back if serious action isn't taken against these types of players permanently. He has been reported multiple times but once Battleye was implemented he disappeared for a brief time (scared of being caught) (or temp ban) but now he's back and blatantly ruining everyone's fun.

Is Daybreak going to turn a blind eye because these cheaters sometimes spend money? This is not some random complaint about a skilled player this is a blatant hacker. We just had an epic battle at the Crown ruined because of this type of crap.

I'm going to speak with my wallet and not spend another dime til this is addressed.
    • Up x 7
  2. Niamar

I grew tired of reporting and nothing happening. Now when I have had enough I log out.
    Some days that is just a few minutes of play.
    And I cancelled when battle eye was found to be a placebo.
    • Up x 1
  3. ObiVanuKenobi

What's his name? If it's not a secret.
    • Up x 1
  4. DorinFoehammer

I'd name them but there's a policy against naming cheaters on the forums. Send me a private message and I'll give you their name.
  5. Rhello

I might be wrong there, but I don't recall anyone getting banned for posting a hacker's stats.
    • Up x 1
  6. DorinFoehammer

This is one of their accounts: https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428387121723526065/killboard

They also had another spelled differently with an "o" instead of a 0 (zero) but it no longer appears on the boards I'm guessing it was banned also.

If you notice for example at Time-stamp Dec 12, 09:48:44 AM he headshot kills with a pistol (then 2 seconds later) Dec 12, 09:48:47 AM he kills another with a sniper rifle headshot after swapping weps. Now flukes can happen I understand or skill can be a factor but when he does an instant 180 degree spin I call BS. He does this often but reporting has done NOTHING so far. Also this player right before Battleye was implemented managed to kill 7 players in 12 seconds by clearing a room with a machine gun without stopping as he ran THROUGH the room to the door across.

Here's another one Time-stamp Dec 12, 09:37:44 AM headshot kill, 3 seconds later another kill then with another headshot on the last guy. Unless someone gets lucky spraying a room that is not happening in 4 seconds at least not consistently and sure as hell not when someone is spinning like a damn merry go round.

This one player forced an entire platoon to leave a continent last night something has to be done.
  7. Jake the Dog

I've made 180 degree spins with a basr and put a bullet in someones head and quickly gunned people down trying to kill me who had the element of surprise. No doubt he's either good (or a hacker, who knows) but there are crazy good people in this game. Have you tried contacting this person? You'd be surprised, he might be a human after all and willing to help. Most of the really good players try to anyways. If he's a dick and a troll it might point more towards your arguement of hacking. But in all seriousness, swallow your pride and see if he would offer you some tips. I did that awhile ago, invited a really good player to our TS and he worked with each of us that was on to make us more competitive.
    • Up x 2
  8. DorinFoehammer

No...I've watched him run through a room spinning and killing everyone it's not skill in this case it's a cheater. I wouldn't even mention this if there was a chance it was a skilled player or random incident. What they are doing in game is blatant and both myself and others have witnessed it on numerous occasions (spinning while running through a room etc.)

2 months ago when he scored 7 kills in 12 seconds by running through a room (nonstop) to the exit was when I first noticed how blatant they were. I don't post much on forums nor complain but this player here is literally ruining the game on Emerald and something needs to be done.

Guess I will go back to avoiding areas this player is in til something is done. What's truly annoying is that there's already some new hacks being posted on youtube showcasing an aimbot/wallhack that hasn't been detected yet by Battleye.
  9. FredM

There are alot of hackers in the game, no matter what server. I see them everyday.

Nobody realy cares about it. For myself, I just do not invest in membership or real money anymore. Nothing to lose then.
  10. DorinFoehammer

Yeah I'm having trouble justifying spending anymore money because of the cheaters but I REALLY do enjoy this game.
  11. GuhMaster2512

After having thousands of hours of playtime and getting really good with a gun, cleaning a room by yourself with as a resist heavy with a high capacity LMG isn't really to hard to do in the right scenario. I've bumped into this player a few times and I never felt they were hacking, just really good at the game.

By avoiding players like him, hacking or not, you will only stay at your current skill level. The only way to improve is to fight the elite players because you are forced to think about your positioning skills. It easy to claim hacking, but why not ask the player how they do it. If they give a legitimate response then odds are they aren't hacking. If they just "lol git gud" then they aren't worth your time. From my experience 9 times out of 10, I have gotten some very insightful replies.
  12. DorinFoehammer

Well I didn't suspect anything with them at first til I witnessed some truly outrageous stuff.

I have zero desire to speak with this player again they trash talked a few squads on opposite faction a few months ago. Look...I get it that there are skilled players but that isn't the case here.

When a player runs into a room and out the other side getting 7 kills in 12 seconds (while spinning) they are cheating. The players weren't even clustered up just randomly scattered, total BS.

On a side note I have met some really friendly peeps on TR recently been having a blast on my engineer.
  13. Jake the Dog

My reasoning is this:
    I've been playing this game since its inception (look at sig), I've seen a very few cases of hacking, but I almost never see as much hacking as I hear people talking about it. Which is why I advocate trying to open a dialogue with the accused party. You might be surprised. Then again he might not respond in which case try and get dbg video evidence if you can.

If there are alot of hackers on connery I rarely see them and they rarely kill me. Unless Computiverse is hacking (he's killed me the most anyways), which btw I doubt he is, there hasn't been many times where someones killed me and I was unable to respond. I used to assume DarsinNC was hacking. The f***er would get headshots I thought were impossible in cqc. But nope, I've played with the guy alot and against him alot and can sometimes pull off some of the feats he accomplished.

Also used to think of people in OTLO as total ***holes that worship satan. I've since learned at least the first part isn't true and are actually pretty chill guys that are willing to help newer players.

So what I'm saying is try to contact him albeit politely, then accuse him of hacking.
    • Up x 3
  14. FredM

I can see how the hackers do it. How´s about the newest hack?

I shoot at a toon and he/she shrinks bei almost 50% as soon you hit the trigger/mouse button. You wont be able to hit him/her.
    Others are just the plain aimbot/ no recoil hacks.

Sorry, has nothing to do with "Elite players". Just hackers, but...they play very well while cheating. I have to agree.
  15. Jake the Dog

I've never seen this yet. But like someone else has said, this would be a client issue... Unless you yourself were f***ing with program ofc... Because for it to work "the moment you pull the trigger" it would have to be on your client due to the fact that there would be a delay in ping, which might implicate yourself of modifying game files lol, I digress, what do I know though I'm no programmer. Also haven't seen it on the reddit yet. Which would mean its not a common thing either, yet anyways if your accusation is true ofc.

I remain skeptical about your claim. But I'll listen around for it and probably ask other players. I've never seen this before though. And while I haven't seen alot of hackers I have seen some s***. That however would be new if its true. You do play on a server with other people and its not like the alleged hacker targeted you specifically did you notice anyone else in chat having the same issue?

Also if you can provide video evidence do so asap, because if its a bug in the game it needs to be fixed and if its a hacker he needs to be banned.
  16. Person7man

So, just to set the record straight, Xoniq isn't a hacker.

In fact, he's a well known player on emerald because he's been around since beta ~5 years ago. I run into him from time to time on my alt on emerald and, while he is skilled (and laggy, I thought that he was euro/asian for a long time) he's not impossible to kill. The thing is that while hundreds if not thousands of us "elite" players played at launch, that number has shrunk to probably less than 100 high caliber players across all NA servers. I turned mainly to COD Promod which I played semi-competitively for years while others now play BF1, Overwatch, Titantfall 2, and other games.

The game of planetside has one of the hardest learning curves (equal, if not more than CSGO) because it is easy to learn and hard to perfect. PS2 also has no sense of matchmaking. To compare, imagine your squad of Silvers/Nova 1's going against a full team of Global Elites-and not just GE's but some of the top players to ever play the game. That's what it's like for you guys to go against Xoniq. He knows how to manipulate laggy PS2 netcode, he crouch spams to abuse bad hitboxes, and he medkit shuffles to "tank" bullets- on top of his natural lagginess. The "spinning" is due to server/client interaction lag. This has been an issue since launch where if there is a delay between server and client 3rd person animations won't register well if at all. This causes people to spin around chaotically, shoot out of their heads/while running, and chunk damage that seemingly "1 shots" you. People who have experienced this (frustrating, admittedly) broken game mechanic know it's not hacks because it's been done to us many times before by people vetted as legitimate.

So to conclude this rant I guess the main point is that it's simply very hard to tell if someone is legitimately hacking or not unless you're active in the top percentile of players. Unfortunately, this game just isn't that lucrative anymore and poor noobs get trounced by veterans from time to time because the game's skillgap has turned into a reverse bell curve. Most of the "dedicated average infantry" have quit the game by now. The only ones left are new players/players that never cared to reach the top echelon and the 1% who will continue to play until the game dies and have infinitely more knowledge than 99% of the playerbase.

Luckily, traces of veteran players still exist through twitch and Youtube vods. I reccomend d3struction, qrbits, elusive1, maldrasou, sircerealbox, ihacksx... Wrel and Joshino are fine but only for beginners- don't watch them to elevate your game. I stream from time to time as well but only for relaxation/venting anger purposes not to teach new players. Also if you think you're ready to go to the next level, reddit.com/r/emeraldps2 hosts an infantry only, 6v6-12v12 style scrim every saturday. The client is on the Jaeger server which uses different code from live clients- so you can be sure hacks don't work. Most of the players there are salty vets but if you are genuine in asking questions regarding getting better people are there to help.
    • Up x 3
  17. DorinFoehammer

To set the record straight he ran through a building killing 7 players in 12 seconds previously.

All of the players were in random areas of the building. I saw what happened and so did the people in our platoon. The fact is you don't know if he has cheats on his computer or not.

1. This is not some weird lag incident or w/e you want to refer to it as. I know what that entails and while I agree it can make things appear strange...this is not the case.

2. How long someone has been playing has no bearing whatsoever on whether they cheat. Example: there have been numerous players banned at the World Finals of CS:GO for hacking.

You can either choose to believe he cheats or not at this point it doesn't matter. I however will go with what I saw and because Time-stamps don't lie.

Cheers
  18. Person7man

Then by that same logic, why do you say this:
    When you clearly only saw the one example http://imgur.com/a/qyHMz is my own killboard where only using my carbine (not an lmg, and not trying for 7 kills in 12 seconds) I got 5 kills in 10 seconds. Certainly not impossible. Having the mentality that "this guy dunked me, he's hacking" will never make you better at the game. "This guy dunked me, let me PM him asking how to get better and study what he does" will.
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
  19. DarkJackal

Hey, no other player can really influence the outcome of what the server tells your client what happens. If you played at a higher level you would encounter situations where 1 bullet, just ONE bullet, that the server decides to through away to a bad hitreg can mean the difference between winning or losing a random fight. Also, I'm sure you have experienced this think called chunk damage and client side. Those things happen BOTH ways. If you're on the receiving end of it, it looks like someone KOs you with like 3 bullets all headshots or you dodge a rocket and the server then decides you really lost a second or two later. IN reality, if you're lucky the said person is streaming, then your opponent's client isn't behaving any different than yours. The perils of clientside.
  20. FieldMarshall

When i saw the title, for some reason all i could think about was acdc's back in black...

AC/DC - Hack is back

Hacker's back.
    Ready to smack.
    He's been too long now he's glad to be back.
    Yes, he's let loose.
    From the noose.
    Thats kept him hanging back.
    (etc.)