NS Gorgon: Ineffective against harassers, over effective against Liberator and MBTs

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Tanelorn, May 1, 2016.

1. Tanelorn

After a fair amount of playtesting it seems obvious that the harasser has some sort of special resistance against the Gorgon. It takes WAY too many hits to bring a harasser down with double gorgons.

On the other hand, it doesn't take much to heavily damage a liberator, and double gorgons against the rear armor of a MBT makes quick work of them.

Seems to me that the Gorgon needs another balance pass.
    • Up x 1
  2. beastialmaster

i agree , resistances are a bit weird.
  3. Daigons

Same with Archer. It tears apart MAX units but does close to no damage against anything else.
  4. LaughingDead

Archer does damage other things though. It's actually pretty effective for taking out turrets and if you have 3-5 engies with archers you can deal a substantial amount of damage to nearly anything, especially aircraft.
  5. Tanelorn

I have posted elsewhere but I'll restate here: The Archer would be better balanced if they reduced the damage to Maxes but buffed it a bit vs light and medium armor. No weapon in this game should be a one trick pony, and NO infantry weapon should be so easy to kill a 400 cost anything. C4 is OP but at least it requires skill and danger.
  6. MrMinistry30

@Tanelorn sorry but almost everything you said is simply wrong because:

- The archer has exactly 1 purpose: getting rid of MAXes. You sacrifice your primary weapon (considering normal infantry counters) and pay 1.130 certs (with attachment+sight) for a weapon that is almost useless for anything else so let it at least be good at the 1 purpose it is made for.
    - "NO infantry weapon should be so easy to kill a 400 cost anything" have you tried it? Even if you have a weapon that is ABLE to kill a MAX, that does not mean it is EASY. You have to pay 1.130 certs and get yourself in extreme danger fighting a MAX as an engineer in an infantry fight without mines and C4. Even outdoors it is not that easy because the MAX can easily escape as you need a few hits to take him down. Furthermore, you can't compare a MAX to other "400 cost anything" because he can be revived and repaired quickly, run away or use a shield.
    - C4 is not OP in any way. It is fine as it is, dealing enough damage, having good but not too strong AOE and being able to take out tanks. When Tanks get destroyed by C4 it is usually because the driver felt too safe and did not pay attention (or does not even invest some certs into radar...) so it is a well-deserved death every time!
  7. Tanelorn

I can't agree with you for the following reasons:

1. An engineer with an Archer is FREE. If you see a MAX, you respawn AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT and pull out an infantryman with a weapon that can drop a MAX 30% or more of its health with a single hit up to 300 meters. So many people would be up in arms if there was a free infantry weapon that dealt massive damage to Liberators or MBTs at long range with no counter. The difference is cost vs. counter is equal is these cases as well.

2. C4 is OP as a 75 resource investment can instakill a 400 resource investment. Yes it requires a type of proximity but there are many ways to circumvent that including the worst of the worst: jumppad exploitation. If you were required to run up to and place a shaped charge at melee range, I'd be all for it. But a LA can drop 2x C4 from any altitude on a tank and destroy it. That's simply OP. All other choices other than C4 have to hit a MBT multiple times. Again, if C4 required precision placement to blow up a 400 resource MBT I'd be cool with it, but that's not the case.
  8. MrMinistry30

1. the archer does not deal " massive damage" to libs and MBTs, it is rather extremely low. As i said, this weapon is designed for ONE purpose and you need a very good sidearm to at least have any chance if some other infantry shows up. So you sacrifice almost any self defense for being ABLE (as i said, it is still not easy!) to take down 1 unit - sounds like a fair trade for me.

2. As i told you already, the tank driver who gets killed by C4 deserves it as he does feels too safe and too confortable to watch what happens around him. This will make you get killed in ANY Situation and tanks are definitively not for making up people's lack of awareness. Tanks in PS2 are quite mobile, durable and deal massive damage to anything so being able to C4 them prevents them from being completely OP. You are in a tank, not a fortress!