[Suggestion] Assault rifles

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Littlewhitehilt, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Littlewhitehilt

Assault rifles are available to infiltrators.

Scout rifles are now available to medics.
  2. Eternaloptimist

As a regular player of both classes I cannot think why I would want to take a scout rifle instead of an AR as a medic.

SMG infil is not my thing, so much as stalker/sniper but I have been ambushed by SMG infils several times. The idea of an AR infil able to pop out of cloak and open fire from longer range than an SMG sounds enormously OP to me.
    • Up x 3
  3. Littlewhitehilt

In my opinion it would be fine, at least to experiment with. Infils are squishy and have this awkward gap where they must use scout rifles which are rejected by the community. the AR is diverse and fulfills the gap between the smg/ bolt action. This removes role play snipers who can't hit anything and also increases sales for ARs thus getting more money for DBG to do something more important. Scout rifles are gimped ARs, they are nearly only good at killing emp'd targets. We hate them and this is 200 million years in the future. Why would we still use these things? Being powerful lets players want to keep playing the game because they feel good.
  4. Campagne

SMG infiltrators are already OP enough, in my opinion.

Give me invisibility and a Reaper or Tross and the tears will wash away the land.
    • Up x 1
  5. Littlewhitehilt

Honestly would merge scout rifles with assault rifles. Yes I know ARs are strong but Infil and Medic are both longer range classes and should be able to be efficient in those roles. SMG infil isn't nearly as OP now with the cloak state changes. Its really simple to shut one down. This is an attempt to make planetside planetside instead of assaultside.
  6. Luminari

Use the automatic scout rifle for your faction. That's close enough to an AR for an infiltrator. Any more would be OP. This is coming from an infiltrator main. AR's can be used to push a position on their own already, giving them the advantage of being a cloaked AR is too much.
  7. NubCannon

The automatic scout rifles are very difficult to use as they have not been revamped in a long time. it is extremely difficult to train headshots at mid range, and the magazine size limits you significantly. i don't agree that infiltrators need assault rifles, but the infiltrators weapons definately need some looking at due to the new player experience buffs, specifically the free max nanoweave for heavies and the auxiliary shield.

instead of using the automatic scout rifles i've been using the tsar, and even that isn't very effective. especially against heavy assaults. given the theoretical time to kill with body shots is about 2.2 seconds, and the theoretical time to kill with headshots is 1.1 seconds if they happen to be using their shield, which is almost always.
    3 body shots on a shielded heavy at point blank range, if im not mistaken, with a 1.1 second re-fire time
    2 body shots on a shielded heavy at point blank range
    people keep saying that you shouldn't let heavies get that close, however with the tsar, you are forced to fight in a range where the orion and beetlejuice are still extremely effective (the mswr and anchor i think are the equivalents). really what the infiltrator needs is more options.

i suggest, a deployable bubble cloak that would hide your allies, or a sniper rifle that over-penetrates infantry (i also thought this would add some interesting things if added to the archer), hackable base turrets or modules, perhaps a counter to darklights (lamest thing ever is a heavy using the jackhammer with a darklight on it), it feels like the infiltrator is not involved in fights anymore because other classes can equip items with the same abilities, like the detect bolts for the crossbow, or the battle rifles. the only thing an infiltrator can do to help allies is hack terminals which are often destroyed by enemies and allies alike.

The SMG infiltrator isn't really that op, in my opinion its the most balanced thing an infiltrator can be. its time to kill is about the same as every other class in cqc, however we have lower health which makes up for the fact that we can get the drop on enemy targets. however any class can get the drop on enemies.

oddly enough i suggest using the semi automatic sniper rifles, their high damage and relatively high fire rate can save you in cqc, but they definitely have significant advantages in mid range combat.

my suggestions for current in game loadouts

Close quarters (0-15meters), i suggest using the armastice, or cyclone, or the sirius. using nano armor cloak, and nanoweave, and the dart gun. this gives you a fast time to kill, yet brings your survivability in combat to a higher level.

in close to mid range combat (5-20 meters), i suggest either using the large capacity smgs or the ns7, however running compensator, and forward grip rather than suppressor and laser sight (this makes chaining headshots easy but sacrifices really close combat), running hunter cloak is better for this loadout due to it lasting longer, but nanoweave is still my favorite suit slot.

in purely mid range combat (10m-30m) i suggest using the low zoom sniper rifles, either the bolt action or semi auto, hunter cloak, and nanoweave.

in most other situations i suggest the long range sniper rifles.

my new favorite loadout is the 4X scope on the ksr-35, with or without suppressor (depending on the battle), and the forward grip. hunter cloak (because i havent yet maxed out nanoarmor cloak), and nanoweave, ive been running emp grenades but ive not been using them very much, they just dont fit my style, but they are great at destroying vs zergs with the hailstorm.

final suggestions, i feel like stalker cloak isn't as advantageous as it could be, so i have a few suggestions for additional side arm weapons and new attatchments for current side arms.

First, its a terrible idea, but emp bolts for the crossbow would be a very amusing annoyance, functioning the same as emp grenades but with a much lower radius, it would not be overpowered because switching to another weapon takes time, allowing enemies to escape, however it would be good for clearing mines or deployables, it would have a tactical advantage for stalker cloakers as they could detonate enemy mines while enemies are near them. however that would require patience and probably only work once.

second, an infiltrator specific side arm, kind of like the blackhand, but even more unique. Single shot, with a 1 shot headshot kill, but a long reload time say 5 seconds and long equip time say 1.1 seconds, this would be probably be very unbalanced but fun.

Thirdly, a stand alone grenade launcher, smoke grenades are often used in biolab fights particularly by engineers on under-barrels. i suggest a stand alone grenade launcher with the options of smoke, or concussion grenades. this might be considered useless for many classes, however on infiltrator, or light assault, it could produce some very nice room clearing tactics, especially in biolabs.
    • Up x 1
  8. Horrida Messor

Giving Infiltrators AR is a BAD idea. AR's are already powerful weapons. Giving them to a class FAR less visible than Medic i.e. Infiltrator will push them to the OP category.
    And honestly, as a person who got Auraxium medal on Artemis (VS ASR), and currently having a good time with Tomoe, I fail to understand the hate ASRs get. Tbh Artemis was far more enjoyable to get aurax than atrocious MKV.
  9. Exitus Acta Probat

I can see infiltrators getting the AR...
  10. Shocky

Sarcasm: why not give infils shotguns while you're at it.

i think that infills are fine and fit the role they got, if you want an AR like weapon on your infil use a damn auto scout.

Sarcasm: who cares about what infils get anyways just play Heavy like a pro player does
  11. Cullwch

Y'know, I think that there should be one day every year, maybe the 1st of April, when everything can equip everything, including infantry equipping vehicle weapons. Just for the day. Just 24 hours of madness.
  12. customer548

We need LMGs+Rocket launchers or nothing.