NC is bad

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by wolf113, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Jawarisin

Actually yes... My highest BR is NC; despite my starting as VS.

NC is the best - for good players. Their guns are stronger, but they are harder to use (except the cyclone) in general.

The problem isn't your faction, it's that you're not good enough. Sorry to break it to you like this.
  2. LaughingDead

1. You came into NC with experience, that's a start
    2. Still took a couple of hours to get saw down.
    3. Everyone runs nano and ranges are not optimal 100% of the time, this makes the 5 shot into a 6 shot at close and at long into 7, the 3 headshot kill stays the same however.
    4. You're comparing damage in a mag in an LMG with a carbine. That's just stupid, just saying.

A lot of NC players are indeed new, having the SAW as a starter weapon is not a great experience for a new player in this game. I've seen people who play other FPS games pick up and go with the orion, but when it came to the saw they said it's ADS was more innacurate, which because they were used to other FPSs was simply their perception. SAW is not a run and gun weapon, Onion and to a degree carv are far better starting weapons.

SAW however is my favorite weapon, a 3 headshot kill with a great long range platform? I love counter sniping with my godsaw.

(also sniper rifles in this game are stupid, muzzle velocities are completely garbage.)
    • Up x 1
  3. RykerStruvian

I always thought that they should've replaced the Gauss with the GD-22S. When I tried to play heavy and I struggled with the Gauss, I bought the GD-22S on a whim based on what I had been reading about it regarding its stats and it solved a lot of my issues. I think I used the GD-22S for a while then I started using the Anchor with lasersight for base fights and for mid-to-long range, I would use the EM6.
  4. Campagne

I actually really prefer the Mercenary over the AC-X11. More accurate, more forgiving, and more versatile over different ranges.

I'd argue that player performance isn't necessarily indicative of a weapon's performance. For example, the directive sidearms are phenomenally worse than their respective default counterparts, but typically have much higher player performance.

I've been playing since the Beta, and have played NC almost exclusively in the entirety of my account's existence. I won't drag you into a discussion you don't want to be in, but rest assured that my opinion differs to a degree. :p
    • Up x 1
  5. Eternaloptimist

I play mainly LA and support classes (all factions). I find the right NC carbine for the situation is really good. By that I mean Merc or (preferably) Bandit for mid range and GD7F for CQC. Get it the other way around and I find myself at a disadvantage.

NC ARs offer a good range of mid, or CQC or all rounder options. The SAW was a major PITA to master and tbh even though I was starting to get the hang of it, I switched to the GD22S and the EM6.

If I can headshot or engage at longer range I feel as if I have a definite advantage using NC weapons. Otherwise I just have to hope I picked the CQC model for a particular fight.

BY contrast, the Jaguar, TORQ9, MSW-R seem to be good at both short and medium range. The VS weapons are good at various ranges as well but it seems to me that at longer ranges it is a case of "you can hit, but you cannot kill" in too many cases.
  6. Masyaka

NC is just harder to master because mad recoil and headshot gameplay. Vanu has to be the headshot-only faction but pros from TR took their place.
  7. Ziggurat8

NC is the faction of noobs and pros. Noobs can't get **** done. Pros don't really bother getting **** done because once you've played long enough, territory doesn't matter, the fight is all that matters mentality takes over (for most people I suspect).

TR and VS have more in the middle "let's get **** done players."
  8. Scifi

Im sure that if the NC had a fast firing weapon like the Vulcan or Aphelion VEX-4 strapped to our tanks/harassers then yeah we see a change.
    • Up x 1
  9. CrimsonEclipse5

I'd agree with your assessment of the AC-X11. I went up against this one other LA the other day in a biolab, I had the Pulsar C, he had the AC-X11. I only ever had a chance against him if I got the drop on him or finished him off after he killed an ally. 200D/R on a carbine is insane.
  10. CrimsonEclipse5

For one, the Aphelion doesn't even fire that fast, and both it and the Vulcan are inaccurate af.

Secondly, might I point you in the direction of a little something called the Mjolnir?
    • Up x 1