Max charge removed on PTS

Discussion in 'MAX' started by JobiWan, Oct 13, 2016.

1. JobiWan

I've just been going over the PTS patch notes and charge has been removed on all Maxes, replaced with 'Emergency Repair' which seems a bit like fire suppression for Maxes.

That's a massive change. Obviously it's only on PTS at the moment though.
  2. Drag0

If this goes through I am done with this game. It will be for the better I've played this way too much anyway.
  3. Kubin

The only valid question here is - why replace charge, instead of just implementing the repair as another option? You wouldn't be able to take both at the same time so what's the problem with the charge? o_O

Unless they're planning to take the useless ZOE out and replace it with the charge as VS faction MAX ability, lol...
  4. Liewec123

ZoE is getting changed.

currently it is an active ability with a fixed duration, it increases damage taken by 50% and makes your bullets require one less shot to kill (with a hideous 10m limit)

on PTS it is a toggleable ability and increases damage taken by 20% and boosts your damage dealt by a flat 10%. (the hideous 10m limit is gone)

the speed boost seems the same.

the good things about the change is that you will be able to use it for long range AV+AA,
    where you won't really be taking fire anyway, so its pretty much a solid buff.

on the down side, the "10% damage increase" change makes it useless for weapons like blueshifts,
    since it won't reduce the TTK at all, it is still a 7 shot kill, you're basically just taking 20% more damage and glowing... XD

also they removed the awesome projectile effects from it :(
  5. toxs

Dodge made MAX effective not overpowered. The stats are not remotely showing MAXes are overpowered. Just some whiney twitch players crying about something they died to. Now I will degrade to shooting falcons and ravens out of spawn rooms for a living. #HammerbossHatedDodge