PTS update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LodeTria, Nov 13, 2016.

1. AllRoundGoodGuy

They would just nerf it into the ground, because people will complain that it's op. Personally, I would be more than happy with any variety with tank weapons, the more the merrier.
  2. Stormsinger

Yep! As one of my first posts after a long-ish break... what the potato is this pushback mechanic good for? In a game that already has so many movement related / ghosting issue bugs, why add a movement based affect to ANY weapon? This will just exacerbate current problems.

Why not a slight damage vulnerability increase, or perhaps a DOT effect if such things are necessary? Why not an EMP affect that prevents a vehicle from moving for a moment or so on a new ammo type? Heck, for that matter... an ammo type with slightly reduced damage that leaves behind a DOT affect that also hits the pilot if they try to bail?

There are lots of fun options that wouldn't involve further borking hit detection / ghosting issues.
  3. LaughingDead

The terran republic united the nations sure but that doesn't mean the nations were razed and burned. Many of the star formations that are named on vanu weaponry were originally greek, and NC bird weaponry doesn't mean all those birds still exist or live in all parts of the world (probably poor analogy but point is uniting a world doesn't mean everything is the same). You can look at Americans for example, even though spaghetti is italian it's still eaten there, kamikaze still has meaning to the word, howitzer was originally dutch even though the word is still used in English.

Disregarding lore however, calling every single gun in the NSX collection stupid just because they have different names from one culture is just idiotic. I'm friggin glad they aren't more numbers and letters, it's why we have pet names on some weapons like the bandit, ravens, pounders, vortexes, vanguard, magrider, practically everything, in a game where callouts are important I'd rather say damio user instead of NSX- D35-C.
  4. Haquim

The AH is a good AI weapon because the ESF can fly. If you miss, you still hit the ground and the splash hurts..
    I don't think that will work very well with a tank. At least not good enough that a conventional maingun and a canister on top wouldn't be better
  5. Pikachu

6. LaughingDead

Put it on a stairwell, trust me this thing will be more painful than maxes ever were.
  7. Crayv

As a friend of mine put it "The Amaterasu is a goddamn Moonlight". Those of you familiar with the Armored Core series probably know what that is.
  8. LaughingDead

I've always wanted the chance to play armored core but never got to.
  9. Crayv

They are fun, I played mainly 3 and it's sequel/expansion Silent Line back on the PS2.

Oh and the AC games are made by the same company that made Dark Souls (From Software). I just wish they would make an AC game for PC.
  10. Neo3602

Well they are working on a new AC game as we speak and hopefully it has a PC version.
    • Up x 1
  11. LaughingDead

On topic, the rocklet rifle is annoying as hell to fight against. Again neat concept but suddenly you have lights that are minor heavies and heavy swarms are no fun to fight.
  12. Demigan

Having an alternative to an HE shell, especially if it's a magazine weapon, would be perfect even if it is not on a plane. Especially if you give the weapon the upgrades it needs such as bigger magazine size, higher ROF, more pellets, bigger AOE on pellets etc.
  13. Haquim

Hmmm... it would certainly be a weapon that would destroy any infantry that dares come close to that tank.
    ANY infantry, including NC. So its the PERFECT NC weapon.

But we both know the chances of something like this making it into the game at this point.
  14. Demigan

Looking at Daybreaks track record, now it the time to come up with idea's like this. Daybreak has dared touch some sensitive subjects like the construction system, it's removed bases for better battle flows, it's looking into bases that require the construction system to be defended, it's done a few major rebalances in for instance air combat and LMG's etc etc. If these idea's were ever going to be implemented then it would be now.
  15. AllRoundGoodGuy

#MakePlanetsideGreatAgain
  16. zaspacer

SOE/DBG Devs are at their best (ingenuity of product, speed of churning out content, passionate and interested, etc.) when they are being creative, thinking outside the box, and creating new stuff in the game. I criticize them often on various points, but this is one of the areas where they shine among the brightest in the industry. I think they should keep their foot on the gas in the "new content" and "new ideas" department. (though I would urge them to be less self indulgent on the sweeping changes to existing stuff that is used and not OP in the game: just focus on new or additional stuff)
  17. BartasRS

I dunno how I feel about this new scout rifle. It sure feels like "sniper" assault rifle and even if it has less body damage it is sure easy as hell to drop targets at 50-70m range. I use Artemis quite often and for sure this new SR outclasses it by far. Changes to Phaseshift are awesome, at first it even feel OP but after few sessions in VR I have to say it is a decent balance between good and bad sides. Maybe some tweaks are needed but it became a valid semi-auto/bolt-action hybrid for people who like to "snipe" at <200m range. Massive recoil in bolt-action mode makes it hard to use but I guess it is a needed tradeoff for unlimited ammo and no bullet drop. Semi-auto mode is all goodness, never liked this but now, if it hits live in its current state, I'm all in to try it more.