Do's and Don't of Planetside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OgreMarkX, Nov 11, 2016.

1. OgreMarkX

Do: :)

1. Mini Map. Watch where your team vehicles are, watch where your team mates are. Watch where the enemy is. Be aware. Mini map is your built in "cheat" because many players don't use it.

2. Class selection. If you're not working towards a directive, then adapt your class to the need. See lot's of dead team mates? Go medic, even for 10 seconds to revive near a sunderer. Notice lot's of enemy air? Go AA. Notice no radar darts or sensors? Go infiltrator.

3. Flank. Big face to face line fights are a helluva lotta fun. Nothing wrong there. But if you want to advance or defeat an attacking enemy, then nothing beats flanking. Even a solo player can be effective in turning the tide here.

4. Sunderers. Sundy's create and sustain fights. Place them wisely--this means more than site selection. It means considering where friendly and enemy sundies are, place to support or threaten. A new sundy deployment can change the flow of a battle. Notice many sundies are placed? Consider moving a repair or ammo or battle sundy in support.

5. Be the ONE. Notice your team is having trouble taking a position? Be the first one in the room. Ideally your teammates will follow up and clear. Yes, I know...you get no glory. But...LEEEEEEROY JENNNNNKINS! The enemy will be backslapping themselves and reloading when your team mates breach and clear. They might even speak well of your stupidity.

6. Be alert. Don't just focus ahead. Check flanks and rooftops. Be aware.

7. SPOT. Spot. Everything. Edit per below (Chomokh). The enemy can hear your faction distinctive voice spotting...so don't spot if you're in hiding.

8. Read Chat. Watch death spam. In chat, have fun, answer new person questions, in death spam, glean general fight info (who killed who with what)

9. Be TR.

Do Not: :mad:

1. Be that Max who needs repairs and once an engineer starts repairing he goes full "I'm Invulnerable" mode and runs back into the main line of fire before full repair, getting the engineer and himself killed in the process. Relax. Wait. Re-engage.

2. Stand in the doorway looking out. You will prevent all your team mates within the room from shooting out. All the enemies outside the building can shoot you. It's a matter of firing lanes--funneling fire to your advantage. When your team is defending inside a room with doorways to the outside...fall back a bit inside, that way more of you can shoot out and you deny the enemy easy shots in.

3. Run over team mates when in a vehicle. I know...it's annoying--many players run down the middle of obvious vehicle lanes...so ya...run them over, it's a learning curve thing. But DO NOT drive full speed next to friendly deployed sundies. DO NOT panic drive. Learn to LAY OFF the forward key. If you collide with a friendly vehicle or person, LAY OFF THE FORWARD KEY.

4. Park behind a friendly vehicle. Give all friendly vehicles room to maneuver--especially the French Advance maneuver (aka retreat). This is even true when you have a repair sundy and think you're helping--it's AWESOME that you pulled that repair sundy...but please offset yourself in relation to other vehicles.

5. Be NC or VS.

What are yours? VS, I'd like to hear about your DO's related to pre-battle Yoga poses. NC, I'd like to hear what beer is best when driving a Vanguard. "Don't drink and drive kids, unless you're NC."
    • Up x 3
  2. Chomokh

Nice post :D

just want to mention for all the spotters: If you want to be stealthy, especially when soloing or in low populated areas, everyone (means all s*xy spandex and beer drinking smurf hillbillys around) hear your "Enemy Heavy spotted!" or similar callouts. Just keep that in mind. In every other situation: Q SPOT EVERYTHING soldier!
  3. SarahM

Do: approach friendly vehicles from the sides when e.g. repairing.

Don't: approach friendly vehicles from behind.
    • Up x 1
  4. blackboemmel

Really nice post, great tips for newbies and players that aren't fast in learning.
    As said before: Spotting in the wrong moment may kill you and even team mates.
    "Be TR" is questionable - the Vanu's weaponry is almost as easy to use as the TR's. It's true that new players should avoid the NC's hard-mode equipment, unless they are alcoholics or extremely skilled in shooter games.
    More of DO:
    - Try out everything
    - Ask experienced players to play with you
    - Learn to fly
    More of DO NOT:
    - Send rage tells or hackusations
    - Step in front of an allied stalker cloaker and shoot at something
    - Shoot enemy inventory while a friendly Infiltrator tries to hack it
    - Park on friendly mines or put AV mines close to friendly vehicles
  5. EViLMinD

DON'T FF/TK a friendly vehicle owner if they kick you. Likely, they are waiting for a friend to join them...or (in my case, most of the time) it's because you aren't an engineer. Vehicle owners need help with repair. Badly. So, be a good gunner or just go away peacefully.
  6. UberNoob1337101

But those are absolutely hilarious, I've lost it several times when people falsely accuse me of cheating when I kill them :D

Let's add to the list :

DO :

1. Be nice. Avoid being the salt mine and constantly whining, it only makes you look more like that guy, a good attitude helps you and everyone around you have more fun.

2. Try out something different and crazy. In many games people tend to copy/over-use popular/cheesy tactics/gear/strategies, but being the one that changes the rules and tries out something kewl is not only really fun, but also potentially allows you to create powerful counters to popular builds. You don't know how many crazy things you can achieve when you try to roadkill planetmans with an ESF on the ground.

3. Be the MVP. I almost shed tears of joy when I'm almost dead, but a medic with balls of steel runs across the firing lane only to heal me. Or the engineer who jumped out to repair my tank. Not only are you awesome, but you're really damn awesome!

4. Train to have one eye stare at the minimap 24/7. It's like having a legitimate wallhack/knowing what happens around you all the time. Supports, Light Assaults and infils especially profit from this, because you know who exactly needs heals, ammo or killing :p

5. Control yourself. When you're around your mates, try not to TK or cause damage to your buddies. Also don't be the tactical genius that puts mines right behind doorways full of friendlies or tank mines right behind friendly vehicles, because that totally won't hurt your team.

DON'T :

(Praise darkelfdruid for making these)

4. Be the kill *****. I can't even describe the anger I feel when I fight the entire engagement, only for a single random guy to block me off the target and steal my kill. It triggers me so hard, and it's completely BS. I understand when both of us shoot and one of us gets the kill, but this behavior is anti-teamwork and completely pisses off the other guy. It's the epitome of prickery, and needs to go away.

5. Be the guy that constantly runs/stands in front of my scope. Move away please, I want to shoot planetmans too! I'm tired of you jumping in front of my screen and block my view all the time!
  7. OgreMarkX

DO: :)

1. Reload the turret on other people's vehicles prior to leaving it

DON'T: :mad:

1. Fire turrets from a stealthed sundy if at all possible.

2. Waste other people's vehicle turret ammo
  8. mgrandy

do

457. always check the vehicle bay for mines before you spawn one
    597. i think was if a terminal has been hacked you can be well sure theres a sneaky cloaked near by
    598. never stand in the open to long without been fast on your toes

dont
    1. take on any sort of tank as a foot soldier unless you are prepared to die and it is of major benefit to the team. :D
    2. stand in the way of maxss they hurt and you always always come off worse unless in vehicle.
  9. Diilicious

Do Not: :mad:

1. Be that Skyguard who just sits in one place after poking a liberators nose a bit and being like "lol I sure showed him!" if it didnt die (on cobalt) you have just over sixty seconds to move your *** to a new spot to perch before you are buggered forthwith by said libby.

2. Shoot my Vanguard gunner weapon until I fire the main gun. I play vanguard as a flanking vehicle, and it is a doomsday machine as such, you will find we are a 1000% more efficient if you hold fire until you see me firing. If you give us away before we are in position explain how that has helped at all..

3. Get in my Vanguard without an engineer. Not interested in your goddamn heavy assault taking up the seat, in clutch moments the double repair is a must have.

4. Build bases that completely block access EVEN TO ALLIES. Seriously, obnoxious base buidlers should be shot. You think you have been clever, but youve not been clever, you've been a mong, dont be a mong please.

5. For the love of god shoot at air for any reason with my vanguard gunner weapon (enforcer/halberd). I dont want any of their attention, at all! because i'll remind you that unless you have crack-commando aim, (which you dont) all you are going to do is bring them over to us and we will die. the end.

6. Shoot at infantry with my vanguard gunner weapon for any reason unless they are coming towards us. Once again, I dont want their attention, and the farm simply isnt worth it, its boring, uneventful, its not fun for me its not fun for them, unless you see the little gob****es running towards us just leave them alone. the amount of time i have had gunners that after i have flanked the enemy sunderer they will do nothing but farm the infantry while im trying to take down the sunderer, once you engage the sunderer you have about 10 seconds to kill it before you have so many infantry coming your way you need to leave. kills sunderer FIRST then you can do whatever you like to the infantry after that

7. Repair amp station generators if the building is full of enemy sunderers. Most sensible outfits wont take down the shields anyway, if they are clever enough to pull a GSD sunderer rush into the amp station building, but then dumb enough to overload the generators leave them down! it will make it a hundred times easier to kill the swines as they are naked and cant hide in there.

8. Stay in the tank if i get out to repair. If I repair, so do you, halfs the downtime of the vehicle if we are both working in sync.

5. Do server maintenance on a friday evening. Unless you are actually a gibbon, this is so obviously a bad plan that it doesnt even need to be elaborated on.
  10. LaughingDead

Do:
    Tell all BR 1 players to buy ammo belt on their engie

Don't:
    Not be an ****** to the enemy factions for ***** and giggles
  11. Ziggurat8

Do not! Jump into a vehicle turret and immediately start spamming everything in sight. Even if you think you need to acclimate yourself to the weapon. I will kick you out for wasting my ammo and because I will probably do a better job gunning solo.

Do! Practice with all the different vehicle turrets in VR. Get used to COF bloom and drop/velocity of every weapon so you have an idea of how to hit things (besides trees, rocks and friendlies) with it.
  12. Eternaloptimist

Do not appoint yourself Judge Dredd and TK people for lurking around the spawn room. They might be in chat, evaluating the tactical situation or checking their loadout or something.
    • Up x 1
  13. breeje

i can see you all know how to play this game based on what you all did write here
    now start playing this way in the game
  14. Diilicious

yep pretty much, do as I say when playing with me or ****
  15. w11w

Do not use bad language