[BUG] Freeze since the last update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ptigenesis, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Ptigenesis

Good morning everybody !
    My question is simple :
    Do you have freeze since the last uptade ?

I mean for me its become totaly unplayable...
    Freeze are during 1 or 2 sec no more but appear realy often.

I'll stop to pay for premium access if is it continue like this.

Can someone tell me if he has find a solution ?

Thank you very much. Maybe i'm not alone in this case some of my colleagues are in the same s*** :D.

See you on Planetside :D

Best regards
  2. mvp2k13

Hmm believe it or not, but the latest patch actually fixed the freezing for me o_O
  3. Eternaloptimist

I have been freezing regularly, but not too often, since construction was launched. Later patches have not made it any worse or better.

The only improvement recently has been that the hitches and choppy graphics I was getting in big fights (that also came about the same time) has now gone.

I just read another post saying they have the same problem as OP and someone else said it has been reported - so you are not alone.
  4. breeje

i have no trouble with freezes but many players in my outfit complain about it
    players saying they stop playing for a while cause these freezes are not fun to play
    so i started to ask around what PC specs they had
    the weird thing is they have all different PC's and different internet speeds/ping
    some of them have better computers then me but they still are freezing

i have no explanation for it and i can't test things cause i don't have freezes on any of my computers
    tested them all with PS2
  5. MyPS2

I was having issues with freezing, some random hitching, and crashing. I rest my nvidia control pannel to default, and did the same with bios. everything has ran perfect since.
  6. Ptigenesis

Thank you for all your reply !

I close to be sure that the problem is comming from this update. They have release the update with dificulty cause they takes too much time to implement the patch.... (4-5 h ? against 1.5h planned ?)

And before this upadte PS2 was totaly wonderfull. Now i can fall down to 40 FPS in 96+ against around 70 FPS before the update and my configurtation don't have change... I would like to have more explanation with PS2 staff about this.

I we are a lot of people having this kind of problem... why we are not informed by administrators ?

Configuration :

Mother board : ASUS Z170-A
    Proc : I5 6600 K (Cooling with waterblok Corsair H75)
    GPU : GTX970 Gaming 4G (MSI)
    RAM : 16 Go Corsair Vengeance 2*8Go

I think its realy sufficient to play Planetside 2 without any problem ...

Maybe i'll try to redownlaod all the game one more time and maybe without steam ... I dont know what to do :D
  7. willowstyle

not related to bios for sure, but why not nvidia panel.
    i have those freez and the only thing i had changed in nvidia panel is performlance mode" on "best performance", and usually when you let it on default (adaptative prdormance) this cause pbs..
    i think you just get lucky and didn't play too much time to encounter the freez bug, or maybe was it another bug cause this one is specifiquly 5-10 sc freez without crash.

-> some ppl with ATI encounter the actual 5-10 freez bug?
  8. LarryTheBozo

I'm having 5 sec screen freezes with no crash -- game comes back to normal after. Normal is 30-45ms ping and 50-70ms server latency. After every freeze I see that the server latency has spiked, then returns to normal after another second. Gotta be a networking issue on DBs end.
    My speed test is 34-35Mbps dl and 6-7Mbps ul
    I've seen on reddit that a dev has asked for post-event dumps, but haven't gotten it working yet. Will try to help if I can.
  9. SarahM

Getting 3-5sec freezes in irregular intervals (receiving voice chat seems unaffected). There seems to be no pattern to them, I can participate in big battles for hours without experiencing any, then get multiple in a small fight. Only thing I noticed so far is that they're more likely to happen in the presence of air and maxes.

I'm on
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    System RAM: 8178 MB
    CPU Name: AMD A6-3600 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
    CPU Speeds: 2100
    Physical CPUs: 1
    Virtual CPUs: 4
    Video Card Description: AMD Radeon HD 6450
    VRAM: 1024 MB
  10. Zhenria

My buddy is having this issue too, I'm without a squad mate until it's fixed :( Seems pretty common, though.
  11. willowstyle

I'm on
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 integral edition
    System RAM: 16000 MB
    CPU Name: i5 3570k@4.6
    CPU Speeds: 4.6
    Physical CPUs: ?
    Virtual CPUs: ?
    Video Card Description: nvidia 970
    VRAM: 4096 MB

so my config is all different and i have the same bug. seem not related to nvidia-ATI/cpu/RAM
  12. AkuraThDB

Same issue here. Sometimes I lock up for ~5 seconds. Audio locks up as well, similar to when my PC blue-screened before I upgraded it a little over a year ago(when I still used Vista). It seems the game still works during this time, since I toggled crouch during one, and I was crouched when the game unfroze. Oddly I have not been killed as a result of this, despite it happening more than once in a firefight.

Been doing this since BattleEye was added. I guess BE's doing a system check?
  13. Hammerlock

BE is garbage ... got freezed too and the launcher no longer patching properly :confused: ... had to need multiple trys to get that patch done :mad:
  14. Hammerlock

me
    using a ATI radeon graphic card
  15. FLHuk

AMD 955BE since launch....

This is not the first time in the games life this has been an issue after an update. It will get sorted but as with the times before it takes time :)
  16. Beerbeerbeer

I know a lot of gamers don't like to do this, but change the settings in the nvidia control panel to let 3D application control.

If you don't do it, it defaults to nvidia control with all kinds of sometimes overly optimistic graphics settings that will override or supersede in game settings.

I did this and while most in game settings won't let you tweak to the level allowed in the control panel, at least it's not defaulted to some sky high setting that my computer has business attempting.

Also, forget the high, low nvidia settings as welll, just tweak settings per game in the game itself.
  17. mgrandy

suggestion

google "battle eye and lag spikes" then tell me it has to do with nivda control panel

last major update was on 24/10 b4 that it was july dont expect a fix within the next month
  18. laeaka

im test is CONNERY server fFreeze, To freeze a game every 20 minutes.
    cobalt server not this problem
    ree
  19. ChUnKiFieR

I've been getting what I call the 5 second freeze before AND after the patch!
  20. FieldMarshall

No.

I hope they fix it soon because that sounds really annoying.