Remove the TRAP-M1

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ScaIvo, Nov 6, 2016.

1. ScaIvo

As I play more and more with this game, I have the feeling, that the Developers wants to make the TR superios to other factions. I will not write an essay about this topic so I will be very short:

the cause:
    Fire Modes: 2x Burst,3x Burst

I really dont understand why did they even put this thing in the game.
    No other faction has anything like this.
    I dont want to offend anyone but this weapon is the biggest ******** in the game.
  2. SlugSniper

So... How is it overpowered?
  3. LaughingDead

Its not.
    However I'm against removing content over adding content or modifying content, even if you think the weapon is bad.
  4. FateJH

You could say the same thing about the Phaseshift - "No faction has anything like [it]."
    • Up x 1
  5. Ryme_Intrinseca

ARX it, then tell me how OP it is. Was my most frustrating purple medal by some distance (and I have 27 of them on my TR char).
    • Up x 1
  6. UberNoob1337101

• Up x 4
  7. ObsidianSoul

It's also completely useless for actual gameplay. Hurray for Vanu. The faction with the sexiest butts and nothing else.
  8. UberNoob1337101

By that logic, VS is the most OP faction because they're the only ones that have the heat mechanic for infantry guns :rolleyes:
  9. CaptCran

It was amazing when I used it. Arx'd it in a couple days no prob Bob. Maybe turn it around and try it again. You might have been using it backwards.o_O
  10. DQCraze

It's really not that bad if you set it up right. 2x scope, silencer, forward grip and 3x burst. With that said it's more of a scout rifle.
  11. FieldMarshall

Thats actually a good thing and should be encouraged more. There is enough bland NS stuff as it is.

Besides, all factions has things that "no other faction has".
    NC has shields on their MAX and MBT, 200dmg weapons, shotgun MAXes, shotgun ESF, shotgun pistol, burst fire shotgun, phoenix, 167dmg SMG, etc.
    VS has no-drop sniper, heat mechanics on auraxium weapons and their sniper rifle, lasher, ppa, hovertank, zoe, lancer, vortex, charge-up pistol etc.
    Just because its faction unique doesent mean its overpowered.

"No other faction has anything like this" is the worst excuse i have ever seen.
    You havent really presented a valid argument for your claim. "Its op because it has burst" is not an argument.

TLDR: You are making claims with no real facts. You're basically just ranting.
    • Up x 4
  12. Silkensmooth

I'm loving this gun. 1X scope, all headshots all the time. I prefer it to the soas-20 which used to be my favorite gun.
  13. Ziggurat8

Never used it but I've heard it's the worst and I've heard it's the best. It is more like a scout rifle but with a better TTK in the ranges that scout rifles work. It's a lot like the Repeater on paper. The very best weapon in the hands of a very skilled player but most players don't know when to spam and when to use trigger discipline.

It would not surprise me if it's developer bias though. Just looking at straight stats the TR have quite a few ES things that perform much better overall than the other factions counterparts. Trap M1 is on that list. If the stats sites are to be believed it's far far better than the railjack and the phaseshift.
  14. Silkensmooth

TR seem to have more cool pistols too.
  15. Newlife1025

Tr has the upper hand in many ways, but calling the trap op is a bit of a stretch. I honestly don't think it should even be classified as a sniper rifle.
    • Up x 1
  16. Silkensmooth

I suggested in another thread that it be reclassified as a scout rifle. Sniper rifles are OHK headshot weapons to me. Overpowered? A little perhaps lol, but im ok with that since i mainly play TR nowadyas :p
  17. p10k56

Crap M1.
    When I saw it in use last time?
  18. Moz

They made the mistake of calling it a sniper rifle is all. Performs very well as a battle / scout (can we make this one thing already) rifle.