Crowded Biolab Fights Are Terrible

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by YouWannaGetHigh, Oct 29, 2016.

1. YouWannaGetHigh

Every time I see a crowded biolab I avoid it immediately. I've experienced the biolab scenario more than tousand times and it's all the same. It is the only thing in Planetside that is repetitive and that's why it's the least fun thing in Planetside IMO.
    Picture this scenario in your head, I'm sure you've seen in a couple billion times.
    - A sunderer under the aircraft pad, under the stairs which lead to the lifts.
    - ~100 people on the aircraft pad, mostly heavies, engis, medics and MAXes.
    - ~100 people inside the biolab, same type of infantry.
    - People outside the lab can't get in, people inside the lab can't get out.
    - All you do is constantly shoot people inside/outside the lab or repair your MAXes.
    - You die constantly, you get revived, you keep shooting and repeat.
    - You realize nothing is happening, you get bored and leave or..
    - One side spawns a couple MBTs and destroys the sundy.

This is insanely boring, and I couldn't find if the new biolab is replacing the dome biolabs. What do you guys think about it, how do you fight biolabs?
  2. ObiVanuKenobi

They're boring only if you follow the zerg just like you described. In most cases you can just pull a ground vehicle and farm their sundy, pull an esf and farm the people on lading pads, drop on the roof as a sniper and farm, use some launch pad wizardry as LA to get behind everyone and farm.
    If enemy doesn't have lots of tanks surrounding the lab and it's about to be capped you can pull a fury sunderer and farm people using the teleporter to get down after capture, if some allies are there to help you can get tons of kills.
    The farming potential is endless if you don't just blindly follow the zerg.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ghoest

I used to really enjoy the Biolab fights back in the day. They arent as much fun now as they were years ago due to game changes.
  4. thed1rt

Crowded biolab fights are fun if you have a liberator ground bomber and camp the landing pads. Or a ESF with ground bombing. Or even hide a spawn beacon on top of the biolab and camp the top with a group of snipers. Camping inside of the biolab isnt too fun unless you have a nice decked out MAX meant for destroying infantry, with a dedicated engi and medic.
  5. johnway

Most of the time biolabs are just a nightmare to capture. The main problem is that attackers are easily bottled up in several fixed locations that become choke points. Hell, experienced players will easily identify which of the spawn rooms, platforms that attackers will come from and block attackers.

Its not much fun for defenders unless they want to just farm the opposition. Hell, whenever i got caught up defending a biolab, i would just whip out my sniper rifle, tracer darts and just farmed certs.

granted, one or 2 organised attacks from several outfits will crack the base, but i rarely, if at all, see this. I'm sure there are ways to solving the issue but it will need massive redesign changes.

Mind you, i did have some great fights in biolab fights. We lost the base in the end but it was fun to fight what felt like the alamo as the enemy managed to breach several areas and capture points kept getting flipped back and forth.
    • Up x 1
  6. Demigan

If its crowded then people apparently enjoy it.

I like them. They are just as repetitive as the just about any fight in the game. Its kind of what makes a game a game: you can know what to expect and can repeat the process again and again. Ps2 has a larger variety than most games where death-matches are much more carbon copies of each other. Biolabs actually have a far wider range of tactics you can pursue since there are the two openings and the teleport. As defenders you can also use the other bases to stage asaaults, attackers can wrench chokepoints open with vehicles or exploiting the teleport to turn one chokepoint into a liability for the defenders.
  7. DivineEquinox

There is a "experimental" Biolab on the test server if i recall correctly, I havent checked it out myself because the test server seems dead most of the time. However I have seen video of it and its quite interesting. I'm really hoping they will use the new Biolab for all of them.
  8. OldMaster80

The problem with Biolabs is if defenders know what they are doing they can keep attackers out like forever. Too many choke points where battles just turn into a mindless meatgrinder. If I see the battle becomes like that I redeploy immediately.
    • Up x 1
  9. Revel

This is why I've come to hate Esamir more than the Indar T that runs across the middle of the continent. Its unbelievable how many times I log in and see Hossin open with no one in it and Esamir concentrated on 3 stalemate biolabs thanks to lattice.

No thanks. I'd rather just log off.
  10. ColonelChingles

I think a few too many people are assuming that farming = fun.

For many people, farming is about as boring as being farmed. It is stale, static, and repetitive gameplay.
  11. YouWannaGetHigh

Did you notice all of the tactics you described are valid if you're the defender? What if you are attacking?
  12. Campagne

I'm really quite surprised to see that most of the replies here are against biolabs. I've always preferred biolabs over most other bases.

Though, they would be much better without MAXes, in my opinion.
  13. Revel

Most people who hate vehicle farmers do. Its why bases like TI Alloys are popular, because vehicles can't get any cheap angles to shoot into the heart of the base.
  14. Bush82

Put a shield gen at a choke point that both attackers and defenders always meet to deactivate the roof shield. Or flip the whole building upside down, dome comes out of the ground with a spire to the landing pads at the top, access at ground level where the landing pads are now.

I've hated biolab fights since the beginning, they're just stalemate, boring meatgrinders that ruin the flow of the game.
  15. Campagne

This is true, but I prefer them for more than just that. :p
  16. Klabauter8

What I dislike about Biolabs is, if the attacker comes from the spawn/teleporter room, it mostly takes forever til he can't spawn there anymore. It's like defending a base, but the enemy never goes away.

He just constantly respawns from his spawn room, which is strangely right in the middle of the base you are defending. And instead of stopping the enemy being able to teleport in these rooms, everyone just sits in the Biolab trying to farm. This mostly goes on forever.
  17. breeje

yes biolab fights are boring if the fights is on the landing pads, but if the fight is inside
    enemy's everywhere, love these fights and they are a real challenge
    if i see a big biolab fight, i jump allover the map to get there and have a real epic fight
    especially if it's a 3 way fight

if i start my game, i hope for a 3 way biolab fight :eek:
    • Up x 1
  18. johnway

Ah yes, the 3 way biolab fights are truly awesome. i remember being in one and it was absolute bedlam as enemy was every where and everyone was getting stuck in all directions. i believe the Tr had the base and were pushed out of the base and captured it minutes later when we mounted a counter attack and claimed it.
  19. ObiVanuKenobi

Simple.
    Press U.
  20. YouWannaGetHigh

My point exactly?