TR at a new low

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SuperTrooperWaterloo, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Ragnarox

Victim complex is strong in this one.
  2. AxiomInsanity87

This proves that the prowler is ****
  3. Diggsano

You mean useless like the lasher in 1v1or even more useless than the spiker charge?
  4. ColonelChingles

The Fracture and Gatekeeper actually fire rockets... it's the NC's Enforcer that fires "HEAT darts".

So according to the lore, projectile acceleration does make a bit of sense, as the rocket motor might activate at a certain distance or a certain rate. For example, consider the RPG-7:

[IMG]

It starts off at a soft launch of 117m/s, but then accelerates to 294m/s. After the rocket motor cuts out, it probably begins to decelerate.

Granted PS2's physics is pretty wonky because there seems to be 0 air resistance (projectiles retaining their muzzle velocity for the full duration of flight, which makes you wonder about the entire "damage dropoff" thing that can only be explained by bullets literally falling apart in the air :p), but it's actually expected that the Gatekeeper (and most rocket-based weapons) will have variable velocity.
  5. wolf113

The prowler is no tank to atack or defend bases or to be useful as tank hunter, as soon as you do and face other 450n tanks youre dead. Its only good purpose is to siege bases from far away if the terrain allows it or to take out stationary sundys 2 seconds faster than other tanks.
    The better DPS is irrelevant in a 2/2 tank battle cause the better DPS is still so low in such a fast fight that only the one wins who could land a first shot, if every other bullets from everyone hits aswell.

OK let's see who has the highest DPS tank.
    We take into account the AP and the weapon fully upgraded weapon.
    And the fight lasts 10 seconds

Titan-150 AP 2075dmg Reload 3.5sec dps-5928dmg
    Supernova FPC 1865 dmg Reload 3.25 dps-5738 dmg
    P2-120 AP 1250 dmg Reload 2 dps-6250 Dmg
    Anchored Mode P2-120 AP 1250 dmg Reload 1.1 dps-11375 Dmg !?

I have in the end we get to P2-120 AP has a higher DPS than the VS and NC
    And P2-120 AP-Anchored Mode has DPS scores as VS and NC together.

Titan 150 AP-5
    missiles to be destroyed Magrider and Prowler 5 * 3.5 = 17.5 seconds
    P2-120 AP
    missiles to be destroyed Magride 8 * 2 = 16 seconds
    missiles to be destroyed Vanguard 9 * 2 = 18 seconds
    missiles to be destroyed Vanguard Shield 11 * 2 = 22 seconds
    P2-120 AP Anchored Mode
    missiles to be destroyed Magride 8 * 1.1 = 8.8 seconds
    missiles to be destroyed Vanguard 9 * 1.1 = 9.9 seconds
    missiles to be destroyed Vanguard Shield 11 * 1.1 = 12.1 seconds
    Supernova FPC
    need to destroy missiles prowl 6 * 3.25 = 19.5 seconds

Prowler in Anchored Mode with P2-120 AP is able to have taken away 2 Magride and to survive
  6. Mojo_man

I really should start a VS character if only to get a feel for the Mag rider. My own experiences in the Vanguard seem to differ somewhat from your data sources however. I've actually taken lately to playing my Vanguard without the shield, (I replaced it with fire suppression) at least for about 40% of the time I'm in it. Mostly as a way to keep me from relying on it and forcing myself to just get better at tanking. The Prowler has some pretty fearsome DPS when it's anchored and with no shield they'll blast me with little to no trouble if I just exchange shots with him. Even with no shield I don't worry about Magriders nearly so much. They just have too little armor to invoke the same level of caution. Another advantage about fighting Prowlers is their design. If we're fighting at long range ( A frequent occurrence for me at least) he has to land two shots of his mag to out DPS me. But every shot has its recoil, so he looses some DPS from adjusting his sights in between each shot. And if he's anchored, that makes the job quite a bit easier for me.

That said, while I feel the Vanguard is the king of the tanks I DO fear Prowlers more than Mags, precisely for the reasons you quoted.
    Echoing what you stated earlier, One thing Mags WILL do is make me feel like I need eyes in the back of my head. If I'm ever able to wound but not kill one, I always feel a sense of unease in switching targets. As mobile as Mags are, I feel like any one of them I can't see is sneaking up behind me(Something I don't worry about so much when a Prowler or Vanguard gets away). Even never having played it I can see how a VS tank crew would have to adopt a policy of "Start with a sucker punch" when going up against Vannys since the durability levels are so different.
  7. CNR4806

Yes, the nerf is needed...

Unnerf the GK please.
  8. LaughingDead

Doesn't mean the gk was good at killing libs in the first place.
  9. Andoulline

I've never posted here but this "discussion" is so ridiculous that I had to.

The gatekeeper got neutered so hard that it doesn't even work as advertised.

You know how it's supposed to accelerate to 450? Well it starts at 150, has an acceleration of 50 and lives for 3,5 seconds that gives us a grand total of 325m/s at the end of it's flight.

Witch means that it's THE slowest and least ranged AV gunner weapon in the game even tough this "nerf" was supposed to reduce it's close ranged capabilities. Well you can see how well that went, it's useless at range now.
    • Up x 1
  10. DerMalle

That might be true if you hit static targets in a perfect world.
    However you leave out things like that the prowler has recoil after the first shot and needs to hit the target, which will be moving, twice. On the other side a vanguard for example doesnt have to squad like a sitting duck and also has a much higher bullet velocity which makes aiming easier (BTW thats also why vanguards make excellent anti air vehicles). On top of that he can pull the shield.
    Ergo, your numbers trick is not valid.
  11. DerMalle

you surely forgot why they even nerfed the gatekeeper in the first place.
    It was the crying of your likes that it was op. See the irony in your post?
  12. ColonelChingles

Except that we know that 1) Prowlers kill far more vehicles than the Vanguard and 2) Prowlers kill far more MBTs than the Vanguard.

In this case the performance statistics back up this "numbers trick", so it's really not a trick.

The Prowler is simply the best anti-vehicle, anti-tank, and anti-infantry tank in the game. The only thing the Prowler is not good at is shooting down aircraft, though the Vanguard isn't "good" at it either (just better than the Prowler).
  13. SlugSniper

14. DerMalle

I guess you are referring to your statistics on the first page. What i am missing is how many prowlers, vanguards and magriders were online at the time (i.e. was there a TR overpop?). There are more variables possible. Over what period are these statistics taken? Where is the source of your data from so we can check our selves.

"I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself" - Winston Churchill
  15. ColonelChingles

Ah, the old , "the statistics prove me wrong so they must not be true". The last refuge of the defeated.

Anyhow, all that was taken into account on the very first page. I'll repost it so you don't get whiplash.

That's correcting for MBT usage, meaning that per hour of MBT use the Prowler will kill 2.96 MBTs, the Vanguard 2.81 MBTs, etc.

At this point it is indisputable that the Prowler is the king of tanks, even without the Gatekeeper.
  16. PinkHurtsMyEyes

You should try the mag - if nothing else because it's fun. But you need a gunner. As for driving the vanny with firesuppression instead of shield. If you feel you need a challenge - sure, but the shield is THE best option for the Vanguard. If you solo nanite autorep might be a good option. For tank builds - see this list from Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/planetsidearmor/wiki/armorpedia

It has a lot of good info.
  17. Gutseen

GK pry useless right now.

NC tube fires further
    VS's ***** is more accurate

2 hit anything beyond 120 meter range u need 2 tilt the gun at 40-50 degree angle, and pray that 1/4 rockets hit. (better off using fury)

back 2 Vulkan
  18. DivineEquinox

I'm actually confused that the Prowler's ability is long range oriented, their trademark weapons all favor close-range yet their MBT's ability is long range focused, as for the Gatekeeper, it was absurd how long range that thing was. You could literally snipe vehicles from near-out of render distance, I've never been able to do that with the Enforcer EVER. TR has BY FAR the best close range turret, the Vulcan is a tank buster mounted on a extremely mobile platform. I know you TR "want it all" but maybe be grateful that you have the best close gunner turret while NC and VS lack such extreme close range power. As for the MAX weapons, as far as I've seen the NS LMGs for the MAX are sub-par, they arent MINIGUNS for ***** sake. I do support a NS shotgun for all MAX units though, IF the LMG is buffed to near TR standards and we get a VS-esque NS Max weapon as well.
  19. NortodoxUber

Comet, Vortex, Raven, Phoenix, Lancer, Saron, Proton: all point&click within in first shot and sometimes 100% accuracy. Hit everything as soon äs you see it at the horizon. The rest of the stuff isnt much more difficult to use.
    Guaranteed long range accuracy is much more worth than missed shots with reload time or broken lock-on.

Hypocrite filled NC/VS board while holding onto most point&click stuff.

On a 2000 player map those numbers have zero relevance since the most pulled MBTs still have a Basilisk on top. Furthermore you have no reference about the single kills which is the source of your stats: % of total dmg done by whom? only killing blow? both 2/2? others involved? MBT utilities, cert worth of each? faction, map, area population during kill? platoons involved? every dmg source?
  20. DivineEquinox

The Raven is a point, click, and TRACK weapon. You must track onto a single target until your missiles hit, they are far from simply POINT and CLICK. Not saying they're not excellent weapons, I'm just saying you're wrong.