Returning after half year absense.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by omfgweeee, Oct 25, 2016.

1. omfgweeee

Hello guys.

I haven't played PS2 in ~half a year.

Yesterday a streamer approached me and told me that PS2 is tarting to get a bit more famous and he want to do a stream with someone who is veteran in the game (I guess thats me) and he do not know anyone else who have ever played the game beside me.

My question is - how much the game has changed during that period of time?

I know a lot of changes hapened like - you can build your own bases, so i`m asking only for Major changes that worth to know.
  2. BlizardX

Basically the bases stuff, you have the emissary which is a new sidearm together with Naginata light rifle, very recently benefits from unlocked continent are still benefit the locking empire until another empire will lock it and there were or being suppose to be some air battle changes but I am not into that so I am not sure but AA lock missiles probably Nerfed.
    Also due to HIVEs generating VP you now need 20 VP to lock a continent.
    This is about everything major I can remember.
  3. Eternaloptimist

So much to say but reading the patch notes would be quicker and more reliable for you (and remove bias as I, for one, am more likely to remember only those things that affect me).

Overall though, I'd say that construction and the new Vicitory Point system has changed the dynamic e.g. where the fights happen. Attacking a constructed base is a meatgrinder (like Biolab assaults) if it is well laid out and until you've got the tactics down. Wihtout those techniques you might givet a biased impression of the game from streaming an assault.

There seem to be a lot of high BRs playing now that the BR cap has gone up from 100 to,what, 120? (but that could just be because they're the ones who come up as having killed me more oftern now). But if I'm right I'm guessing the game got harder for genuinely new players despite Koltyr being a more safe starter zone now (since they managed to ban experienced players creating low BR alts who could get into it from the same account and using top end weapons bought with DBC).

Hossin seems to be the place for small skirmishes by experienced teams, with fewer big punch-ups than the other continents. So you could expect to give a different impression of the game from streaming battles there.

It is possible that everything is a bit quiet recently as BattlEye was launched this week and there may be quite a lot fewer players logging in (some with download problems, not necessarily all cheaters heading for the hills, though there seems to have been quite a lot of cheating until now).

Indar and Esamir still seem to be the places where the main action takes place, at least on the EU servers.