Man are infiltrators taking a blow in this update.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Okjoek, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Okjoek

Increased cost on EMP is BS.

Motion spotters are being castrated. Makes me far less useful to the team as infiltrator on point holds because that deployable motion spotter was my bread and butter.

DIRECT VEHICLE SPAWNING?! Don't you know it's one of an infiltrators jobs to camp those things?! I mean WTF. That's how I auraxiumed my only bolt action rifle!!! Snipers are supposed to shoot at people who aren't moving and you keep making it harder and harder to find situations where people don't move. STAHP ET!!!

The only silver lining is I think the TRAP got a buff which is nice because it's a favorite and a bolt action buff or two, but I might just give up trying on infiltrator. If I need motion spotting that bad I can probably pull my scout radar flash or a crossbow. They just keep trying to make it harder and harder.
    • Up x 2
  2. FateJH

So destroy the terminal and wait for someone to waltz up to it in an Engineer suit and try to fix it. Then break it again after he's dealt with if necessary.
    • Up x 2
  3. borgqueenx

you actually have a fair point that infiltrators are taking a bigger nerf then i expected, because indeed camping vehicle terminals is a infiltrator job.
  4. Jake the Dog

yeah, hack/destroy terminal and then wait. In fact if you need infil kills hacking is probably the best bet. However the best thing you could do is just actually be an effective sniper and kill people that aren't a hex or five from the front lines.

I'm completely ok with this update in fact I love the "castration" of motion spotters. They were in fact very broken, at least now you require some communication.
    • Up x 1
  5. The Shady Engineer

Lol nope. EMPs have been ridiculously cheap for how useful they are. They're still going to be the best grenade in the game, but no more of that stupid spammy lol 100 nanites for a full bandolier of EMPs. They're going to be more of a breaching tool and less an iwin grenade you can chug and win every 1v1.

Motion spotter nerf is also well deserved. It is still going to be a very powerful tool to have when defending a point, but it is no longer going to render flanking useless. Also gives darts some room to shine.

Direct vehicle spawn protects the tanker from snipers but leaves them vulnerable to tank mines. Chose your poison. I'm guessing you'll still have plenty of targets to snipe from terminals.

TRAP is indeed much better now, you should give it a go once the patch goes live.
    • Up x 2
  6. Okjoek

Engineer is by far the most useful class to become professional at IMO. Aside from not being able to cloak, lock-on rocket or revive/heal teammates it can do most of the jobs on the battlefield. Now I'll just use my Flash or ANT which can spot enemies coming 100m away or I can have my AI turret as a warning device. If I want to be sneaky I can plug a supressor onto an SMG-like carbine like the Lynx or serpent. Sniping vehicle terminals is also possible with a crossbow or blackhand.

Engi is like the swiss-army knife. Can do all jobs even if it's sometimes harder to complete or less convenient.
    • Up x 3
  7. borgqueenx

i can confirm the motion spotter lost its use. Darts for the win now, for those who want to keep playing infiltrator anyway.
    Motion spotters really start working at the moment its too late (and an enemy sees it and destroys it)
    As someone said above, its only use now is when defending a facility with teamwork.

For me it took a large part of fun out of the game. I'm sad they dont focus on heavy assault wich is still the easy class right now. i suppose they need to have this class to bring newer people to play this game.
  8. Alizona

Amen, brother! I am Battle Rank 105 with a K/D of 0.44. How did I do it? THE REPAIR TOOL. I'm a pacifist, fighting is against my nature... so I repair stuff.

The game has never been the same, however, since Daybreak changed all the Turrets to "Auto-Repair". That was my bread-and-butter, back in the day... the good old days. sigh That took away a lot of my daily certs and ribbons, now I really have to scrounge and work to find stuff to repair.
    • Up x 1
  9. Okjoek

In VR right now. I love what they did to the TRAP. Still upset with what they did to the motion spotter above all. The Archer is a bit nicer now too.
  10. Klabauter8

Vehicle terminal camping is the most filthy thing you can do in this game. I only did it to grind Valkyrie rumble seat kills on Hossin, but I am glad they get rid of this a bit. It's just annoying and I see it more like an exploit rather than a strategy. Was about time they did something against this.
    • Up x 1
  11. Sil4ntChaozz

Someone give this guy an award. I love the engineer. People underestimate the engineer if he's not passing out ammo or healing vehicles/MAXes.

But I'm on PS4 so.... yeah.

As for the infils changes I don't like the motion spotter nerf but agree with EMPs. I don't personally use them for 1v1s I use them for team breaching. If I can't spray one guy down with my SMG then that's too freakin bad now isn't it.

I don't vehicle terminal camp I just hack it and make them look for me. Hide-and-seek infil fun. Plus its hell on the nerves (but healthy!) to do this in 96+ fights.
  12. Alizona

Oh please. If I pull a vehicle and it gets blown up, oh well... nice job Infil.

So what happens next? I pull up the map to see if the Infil is still here... if zero enemies, then no. Go pull another vehicle and stop whining.

But if map shows at least 1 enemy present, then I go into "game mode". GAME ON, BRUTHA!!!! Now the mission is to find this infil creep and take the MF'er out. Now I'm excited!

I don't understand why you says its the dirtiest thing in the game... it's just an Infiltrator doing their job, and doing it well. I dislike Infils just as much as any player who runs into their bag of tricks... but that's just a challenge, to remedy the situation.
  13. stalkish

I think some would argue that 'infiltrating' is the exact polar opposite of 'camping with a sniper rifle 200m away'. :p
    But thats the devs fault for giving infils a sniper rifle and making a weird hybrid class, i do agree we cant fault the player for doing it.
    • Up x 1
  14. Klabauter8

I have better things to do than searching and chasing one single infiltrator on the map. When you lay tank mines in front of vehicle spawners, the tank mines are at least gone after one *** up, but the infiltrator stays there and easily gets a ton of kills if he has good positioning.
    • Up x 1
  15. Demigan

All justified nerfs, and the class is still going to be strong.

EMP's? More powerful, useful and easier to Use than just about any other grenade, 75 nanites is still cheapand crying about this change is lame as hell.

Direct vehicle spawning? Great feature! Anyone Who thinks that terminal camping, which is basically a sad spawncamping method evolved due to the lack of spawncamping normally available in the game, justified with "keeping vehicles from spawning".
    The fact that people get auto-driven off the pad onto mines is a moronic feature that should have been removed or made interruptable a long time ago so people can deal with mines even if they Use this feature.

Motion spotters arent castrated and any good infil will be able to Use it still. If you are stumped on using the New version you dont deserve the infiltrator. The change makes the choice between darts and the spotter an actual choice, its a good change
  16. PanzerGoddess

The cheese kills go bye bye lol. Other than that its not a huge lose. Vehicles cost nanites, not every place allows Main Tanks either....Cheese killing with my rams at vehicle terms is funny, at least for me, I do it in hopes I get people trying to find me, Im not a slouch so usually means more kills. But it makes the gameplay fun, thats really what its about. Anyone who doesnt play infiltrator "obviously" knows more about the class than those who play them lol....

crazy right! I mean imagine if the NC had a self guided rocket launcher they can use behind walls, mountains, spawn rooms for cheese kills 200m away, or laser beams that can tag anything 300m away! Or just think if they came out with a deployed system for tanks that can snipe anything 500m, even if you cant see them, q for the win!

Crazy to think one class is just useless....give them sniper rifles and all of sudden its a worthless class....

Plus the fact everything we do in game is outside in the open....I couldnt imagine fighting inside a building as an infy....I mean do infiltrators actually have any use inside buildings???

what have I doing this whole time!!!!!!
  17. Savadrin

I love terminal camping, Phoenix trolling, Vortex MAXing, it's all good ****.
    • Up x 1
  18. Ryme_Intrinseca

With the dildar nerf I'll never aurax another weapon above 8kdr. Oh the humanity.
  19. Eranorz

EMP cost increase is indeed welcome. It should be a situational grenade, not something you can spam.

Motion spotter nerf just gives even less of a reason to pull infil. Seriously infils just don't bring anything to the table besides radar, it's just impossible to justify rolling one if you're playing in a legit platoon without it, with the exception of hacking a few terminals.

Makes me glad I finished all my infiltrator directives two years ago :cool:

On the other hand, maybe flanking will actually be a thing now.
  20. MajiinBuu

It's odd not always having doritos on the map. I imagine scout radars will be more useful/common.
    The EMP cost increase was necessary, considering the insane radius and deployment-destruction ability (they also ignore walls and hitboxes). However, no cost is going to stop me from chucking them at my feet like a ninja with smoke-bombs.