GU - 10/24 Vehicle Direct Deploy? What? Why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BattleDroids, Oct 24, 2016.

1. BattleDroids

It's halloween and this is what scared me the most this year...

Why? Is this something we want? or is it the playstation players that needs this change?

He already have to few metagames in the game and we are getting rid of this?
  2. TrolKabu

Which kind of metagame ? Killing people busy selecting their vehicle on a vehicle pad ? It could be funny 3-4 times, but after that it's more annoying than anything else.
    • Up x 1
  3. Eternaloptimist

Undermines snipers and stalkers camping terminals maybe? Who knows?
    • Up x 2
  4. Raap

I always played this game as a dirty vehicle whore, so I will actually not be using this new feature due to... Tank mines.

But I rarely got sniped at a terminal (I'm typically too paranoid to casually idle at a terminal - press what you need and GTFO in under 2 seconds), so besides 'snipers' farming newer players, I don't think this change causes a significant loss of gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  5. Haquim

Well its a comfort feature.

My theory for why this is a thing is this:

Non-sunderer vehicles are absolutely pointless in more than 90% of all battles I participate in currently - except of course when used to destroy or defend a sunderer.
    So, to get a couple people into vehicles they make it easier to get into them. With a constant reminder on the redeploy/selection screen to top it off.
  6. Pikachu

Sounds like a great thing. No longer will I have to run 50+ meters to get the stupidly far away placed vehicle terminal. Deploy into a flash and drive.
    • Up x 3
  7. Mianera

Am I the only one who always checks infront of the vehicle pad for tank mines before I spawn anything?

I don't see the point of this mechanic.
  8. Archiadus

It's a buff to mines. :p
    • Up x 1
  9. Jake the Dog

ooooh... Yeah that's a VERY important caveat to this patch that I think people aren't quite getting rn...
  10. DCTH

That is the only change that really baffles me ...
    1. People who use this will whine because they get blown up by mines. Arguments to check for miney beforehand will be less strong, since you now really can't check for mines. The solution to "not use" this option isn't a real solution, since else that option is there.
    So now we have to game-mechanics that really collide.

2. Camping terminals as a sniper (doesn't need to be a sniper, a max-stealth tank or lightning are also viable) was a viable way to slow down reinforcments. No less so.

And if i worry about the distance spawnroom - terminal ... well then i either deal with it or spawn at a base where i know it is close by ... and secure ... like a biolab for example.
  11. FieldMarshall

I like the change. Its an indirect buff to tank-mines and punishes players who dont check the pad.
    • Up x 1
  12. Alizona

Why not just let us do EVERYTHING "remotely", including killing the opposition? Why should we have to run all the way to their location to shoot them? FIX IT, DAYBREAK. GIVE US MOAR EASY BUTTONS! lol
    • Up x 1
  13. TrolKabu

Looks like Clicker Heroesides 2. These damn things consume time like hell. :eek:

About mines, I'm not too worried. There will probably be more people pulling vehicles with this feature, so more people to eat mines, instead of me :p
  14. stalkish

Eh, id say ground vehicle users will quickly learn the perils of using the feature.
    Air vehicles get a free ride to the cockpit tho, no worry of mines. As long as they dont spawn in a *********** theyll be fine.
    Infact thinking about it, a dedicated ESF pilot (or any pilot for that matter) will just be playing an aircraft game now, never the need to actualy spawn as infantry, or ever leave their vehicle.

Life of a pilot:
    1. Load game, spawn directly into craft.
    2. Fly around A2A or A2G, take damage.
    3. Repair with either Fire supp, Nanite repair, or engineer repairs without having to land.
    4. Return to fight.
    5. Get killed by a Titan AP shell (or some other 1 hit kill).
    6. Respawn directly into aircraft and start over.
    • Up x 1
  15. Alizona

Yeah I finally quit Clicker Heroes this past week. Burned out on it after months and months of non-stop Ascending and Transcending, I think I have 305 Ancient Souls, but that's where it's gonna stay for a while cause the game finally got boring and I lost interest for the time being.

I find it so ironic that in today's day and age of "3D" virtual reality gaming, the one game that excited me the most each and every day was a dumb-as-rocks "idle" game. LOL Maybe that says much more about me than it does about the state of video games, I dunno, but I certainly found it quite comical.
  16. JKomm

Eh... I run Mineguard on practically everything, the big thing is now some terrible sniper can't shoot you in a menu. I hate how anyone even thinks of defending such a cheap tactic... and they also said if mines become an issue they will resolve it however they can, one idea proposed was to allow immediate vehicle control.
  17. Inzababa

hmm I can't even figure out how to do it?
  18. CNR4806

Non-ESF air still have to pick up their crews if they intend to fight, which they tend to do at the Warpgate anyway.

At the end ESF pilots and the few solo-Lib pilots are the only ones that truly benefit from it. Well, I suppose the people who just use air vehicles as taxis can save a few precious seconds too.
  19. MajiinBuu

"Check the pad." Vehicle pads aren't always next to the terminals.
    And I imagine there will be lots of suicides on vehicle pads, with lag and multiple queues.
  20. Campagne

I'm holding off for a while before I make my own statement on this, but I will say that I don't think this will have any major and/or beneficial impact on the game. I don't really care for the very idea, but maybe...