DeSync Issues and work arounds.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 19, 2013.

1. BgT1990

I've been getting this recently... sometimes it happens all the time I am logged in, sometimes the game appears to work fine, but then I get people whisper me that I'm hacking, and I start seeing everything teleport around... and I can't do anything useful any more. Sometimes it fixes itself if I stay in game, though usually I Log off.

Also recently, I had a quick go at OC'ing my CPU too (which I've never really done before)... I can't say I remember this issue before I did this...coincidence? maybe... it seems stable... I dunno...

Whatever the case... It's really bloody annoying.

EDIT: Ah... I just checked when I did my OC - from when I mentioned it to friends in Skype (around 3rd July) and compared that with a time when I remembered the game running well - Handilly marked by when I auraxed my Magriders' FPC (AT, so needed accuracy and no desync!) cannon (14th July)... which is a while after I did the OCing, therefore this is more recent of an issue for me :/

EDIT 2: Hmm.. I was curious... as to whether it might still be my OC... as I had actually tried upping the speed much more recently, well long story short... I defaulted everything, rebooted and then switched to the XMP profile in my BIOS... and it seems like the issue is gone... for now...
  2. BgT1990

3. FreelancerJosiah

Oh yeah. It's back with a vengeance; on prime time play, I can barely get an hour in before everyone starts teleporting and warping all over the place, making it impossible to hit and kill anything. Running an AMD 8320 OCed to 4 GHZ, not terribly keen on fiddling with BIOS every time I want to play Planetside 2. Can we please get an official patch for this issue already?
  4. Dantekek

Have also had this issue but sometimes it doesn't recover from desync and disconnects me completely.
  5. Flamgino

I had this same trouble. Here's everything I had to do:
    1. Set power mode to high performance.
    2. Change BIOS settings to disable CPU performance boost
    3. Change BIOS settings to disable "cool and quiet"
    4. Change OS clock settings to HPET from windows command prompt. You do this by entering command prompt in administrator mode and typing bcdedit /set useplatformclock true. Make sure HPET is enabled from your BIOS as well
    5. Deleted a program called "Easytune". Some people have similar programs such as "Rainmeter".

Before you do all that, double check you're not experiencing packet loss through your internet connection because the symptoms can be similar. All the above worked for me, but any program or setting that alters your clock in any way seems to be able to derail Planetside 2.
  6. Pandora's Lunchbox

Bump, because that last post was exactly the fix that stopped my desynchronisation. I highly recommend performing those changes before you try messing with other parts of your computers.