NC Harasser advice needed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hyron, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Hyron

Hi Guys,

i always try to broaden my mind and improve in many ways. So i got into a bit more vehicleplay lately. To be precise: Harasser.
    I don't have an ontfit and only very few people for crewing.
    So i need some advice for weoponchoice for a NC Harasser.
    Despite it's seen an a bad weapon i like the Mjolnir as AV weapon, but it has many drawbacks.
    Tr has the Gatekeeper and the Vulcan which are very good for AV and can damage Infantry too.
    Vs has it's Saron and Aphelion.
    Is there anything for a NC player that comes close to the performace of TR or VS weapons.
    Or maybe someone can get me other hints for weoponchoice or general advice for harassing.
    That would be greatly apreciated. Thanks :)
  2. Kanelbullen300

3. Dethleffs

Come to reddit.com/r/harasser/ and ask questions there, the most experienced harry drivers and gunners all watch that forum. Which server do you play on?

I don't think I can really help you much, just tell you that if you want to drive with the boombox, you need a gunner, and you need turbo. Don't forget to cert that out - it's in the harasser passive certline thingy. As a load out I'd go with (standard) Fire Suppression / Stealth or Mineguard / Racer / Tactical HORN of your choosing and Mjolnir with magazine upgrade and... scope doesn't really matter - whatever your gunner preferes.

Drive around, get good, meet nice people to drive around with, use voice chat and have a merry time.
  4. Campagne

As both an experienced driver and gunner, I can say whole-heartedly that you would probably be best with a Halberd.

It's versatility is quite a strong feature with it's ability to OHK non-flak infantry with a direct hit while still maintaining AV power over range and its high alpha strike. I'd recommend keeping a fair distance away from everything that you are intending to fight, as getting to close will more often than not just get you killed.
    • Up x 2
  5. EViLMinD

The NC guns are fantastic:

Canister eats infantry. Pair it with thermal, faster reload and use Proxy radar.
    Enforcer is potent at long range. if your gunner cant figure out the velocity and drop - kick 'em and find a new gunner.
    Mjolnir is just as lethal against armor as the Vulcan. If your gunner can't figure it out - kick 'em.

NS guns are great too:

Kobalt is much better than most realize. In the right situation it can rack up kills. Not bad versus esfs, as well.
    Halberd is the best gun to have. Especially when soloing or 1v1 with other harassers and tanks.
    Fury is wonderful. I love it. I use it when canister's lack of heavy armor AV damage is an issue. pairs well with proxy radar.

General tips:
    Never let your gunner be anything but an engineer. And, if they won't rep in the backseat when you're running for your life - KICK 'EM!!
    Proxy radar is a must when fighting cqc. You'll notice the infantry with c4 in time to save your veh.
    Always use a mine detection implant.
    ALWAYS BE REPAIRING. Keep your hp at 100%. If your gunner can't get the vital importance of that - KICK THEIR WORTHLESS A$$
  6. Savadrin

To go off of this, I have several differences that highlight viable options:

Green: good, and true.

Yellow: I run stealth/fire suppression. Mineguard works fine for infantry donuts, some of the ECUS guys swear by composite, but it's all about your playstyle. Proxy radar is cool (and viable if you're spending a lot of time sitting still) but as a harasser I personally have found stealth to most suit my playstyle.

I run AWARENESS as an implant, and only that, ever, when I am in a vehicle. The autospotting from any damage source is literally indispensable for survivability in a paper tiger if you ask me.
  7. EViLMinD

Awareness, eh? That works too. Still, mine detect is my go to. Saved my bacon far too many times. I usually have good natural awareness, so I can tell who is after me or within range.

Fire suppression, like most vehicles, is the one to use.

Stealth, comp armor and mine guards are must haves too. Depends on the situation, of course. I solo about 95% of the time, because far too many nc are clueless as gunners, so proxy radar suits my needs. I only equip it if I'm using canister/fury/kobalt. With Halber/Enforcer, I use comp or stealth. For Mjolnir, I like mine guard because i'll likely be moving too quick to notice mines while I'm hunting deployed buses and anchored prowlers.

All three Chassis options are good. Really depends on the terrain and the weapon. However, with canister, I prefer Surger. Let's me climb more easily. Get into high places to get at lurking infantry or hit passing esfs/valks. Southern Indar and Esamir are ideal for racer (big open spaces). Scrapper is best for maneuvering in tight spaces. I like scrapper best with halberd and fury.
    • Up x 1
  8. Hyron

Thanks to all of you for your input.
    I know that the Harasser is a Vehicle for 2-3 People. Bur are there some last tipps for soloing?
    Everything else will be practice i think.
    So, maybe Miller will see me harassing around in the next weeks or ...yeah, maybe not, if i fail too hard at trying XD
  9. Savadrin

Add FayleBoat next time you log on, I'll gun for you anytime on my crap NC toon, though I'm a much better driver. Jeep isn't certed there though, only on TR :D I only run NC when Oberchingus or the boys need an extra body, I'm usually trying to fight against them whenever possible.

Scrapper is life. I actually have a per weapon chassis loadout based on how I typically use the weapon, but I can't really remember what they all are right now. My default is almost always scrapper - but that's probably because the majority of my runs are Vulc or Marauder. Halberd is a decent fit for surger because of the added stability while slamming into everything, same as the GK. I ******* hate racer, and never use it.

I've seen the comp armor/repair meta in use and it's great if you have a locktight team and a driver who is great at positioning to avoid the roadkill. Mineguard is almost always on my Marauder loadout unless we're going to be ****ters and spawn camp, which is rare thank god. Usually we are doing donuts around deployed sundies.

Speaking of Marauder, I'm terrible with it, but sometimes there's just the right moment... and the Fury would work nearly as well ;)

10. Liewec123

it is worth noting that Mjolnir is getting a tighter CoF "soon" and also you won't need to keep clicking to fire it,
    it will keep firing the bursts while you hold the button :)

but yes i'd recommend trying Cannister, it eats infantry, flashes, harassers and even low ESFs alive!

also if you grab walker you have a cheap AA option that (imho) is superior to skyguard :D
  11. Mojo_man

I drive a Prowler on TR character a lot, and I can tell you that from experience, I fear the Halberd Harassers on the NC more than any other kind from that faction. They have a big damage potential, and if the Driver is smart, he'll sneak around the back of us, hold still just long enough to let the gunner put 1, maybe 2 rounds if we're being slow to respond, into our tail pipes before running away.