[Vehicle] Favorite Sunderer loadouts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sil4ntChaozz, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Sil4ntChaozz

The majority of my time is spent in a Sunderer running stock top guns, level one blockade armor and fire suppression. I was hoping for some suggestions for different loadouts like a battle bus for pushes and good solo sunderer loadouts.

I mostly solo sundy around favorite routes because its always a stalemate (Crown, Bastion). Trying to set up flanking routes but i would like to survive a couple mossies with rockets. I know I'm not the best Sundy driver either.

Or a video would help too. Thanks.
  2. Liewec123

i can't tell you what to get, but i can tell you what not too!
    i have an alt who is dedicated to battlebus (its even their name!) and the first thing i did was max out a pair of Fury's (for 10432 certs!!!!)
    and the results?.....random gunners can't seem to hit a thing with them! :mad:
    i switched back to my half-certed basilisks and suddenly my random gunners are killing things,

so yeah, if you plan on running with random gunners, don't bother with anything other than basilisks!
    • Up x 1
  3. EViLMinD

I've unlocked and maxed everything for everything, so I can build whatever I want. For sunderers, there are several distinct builds. Here are two less common builds that I use.

One of my favorites loadouts, and it's not a common configuration, is proxy radar with fury/kobalt/bulldog. I like this best with dual furies when defending an Amp Station of Tech Plant. I can hunt down any hiding infantry and purge them. That is, IF my gunners aren't the typical dimwits who fail to notice the activity in their minimaps. If they do know to look for enemy radar signals, then it's an easy cleanup.

Another loadout I use often is a Proxy Repair bus. Because I draw it when there is friendly armor around me, I don't require cq av guns. The tanks I support can handle enemy armor for me. So, I equip a kobalt w/ 2x zoom and a Walker. This lets me help ward off enemy air or protect mate vehs from c4 carrying LAs. This loadout makes heaps of certs. Best to match it with a second rep bus, though.

Stealth cloak, blockade armor and deployment shield are also handy.
    • Up x 1
  4. LaughingDead

Blockade with walkers. There's always one ****** that brings something to a fight, I can handle tanks, but libs need something special to make them cry
    • Up x 1
  5. Riksos

I run front Fury with thermal and back walker and try and park my sundy on inclines so the walker can abuse it's higher field of view
    • Up x 1
  6. Campagne

Dual Walkers on a shield sunndy!

For dealing with the cheesers.
    • Up x 2
  7. FieldMarshall

I always run solo sunderers.
    Mostly as repair support for large vehicle stalemates and pushes. But i sometimes go full AMS mode.
    Here is what i use:

Weapons:
    I usually run with Fury/Fury (Thermal, Mag size) or Kobalt/Walker (Thermal/Night Vision) depending on what i feel like.
    I dont really care that much about what weapons i use most of the time.

Defense:
    Usually Proxy Repair, especially in stalemate vehicle fights or when pushing from base to base.
    But sometimes Deployment Shield or Cloaking, depending on what's needed and what base im attacking/defending.

Utility:
    I almost always run Fire Supression. In rare occasions i run Gate Diffuser if i know i'll have to get through a spesific gate.

Performance:
    I use Rival Chassis for general repair sunderer duty.
    The turning speed is really useful for parking your broadside in front friendly tanks that are almost dead and under fire.
    I lost count of how many i have saved by doing it, and i almost always get a friendly thanks.

But if i know i'll just be driving between bases to set up an AMS, then i just run Racer Chassis.
    I still like to run Rival sometimes on my AMS though, because its easier to get into position if i have to drive through tight spaces.
    • Up x 1
  8. EViLMinD

Ya, both chassis options are worth getting. Racer is a must when you're constantly on the move; when you need to escape trouble or get to a teammate in need (ie when you've got a repair bus). Rival is best when navigating in tight spaces (ex Amp Stations, Tech Plants).

Fire Suppression is the absolute best to have. Gate Diffuser is too situational.
    • Up x 2
  9. Ziggurat8

If you like to be sneaky max vehicle stealth is great but costs a ton of certs to get the cloak. Just remember to lock it so some random doesn't start shooting giving away your location. If you're gonna park in all the usual places deployment shield is the way to go.

Repair and Ammo are good if you plan on being mobile vehicle support. Ammo is good if you plan on going cheap as Rank 1 is all you really need. Repair doesn't shine until the higher ranks which can be expensive. Blockade is good if you want a tougher sundy for breaching bases and skirmishes.

I like to run double Fury's on my blockade with either gate shield diffuser or fire suppression. Depends on what we're attacking. Driving into open air points and laying down double furies while being extremely resistant to C4 can break a base siege. Works wonders on lightly defended AMP stations. It will even contend with MBT's if you have great gunners. Don't forget you can hop out and rep in the thick of it, Just keep the enemy on your right side before exiting.

On my rep/ammo sundy I run double basi's with zoom and fire suppression so I can hang back behind a vehicle column and let my gunners do long range support, or if I expect lots of air I might run double walkers but basi's will do as AA in a pinch.

On my deployment shield I run my personal favorite the bulldog with thermal on the front and a walker with 2x zoom on the back. I'm a sucker for OHK's on infantry and big splash for indirect damage against entrenched infantry. You could probably run a Kobalt if you preferred but I just really like the bulldog. Walker is good for AA and picking off LA's. I usually rely on support and mines for defense against vehicles. GSD is always on this one.

Cloak sundy doesn't matter what you run but I prefer Basi on the front walker on the back, GSD. You won't show up on the minimap while driving so firing will just give away your position, best to try to stay sneaky.

I have both Racer and Rival. I can tell you there aren't many times when I really wish I had more speed but the enhanced turning radius and agility of rival I always miss. It makes it drive more like a monster truck compared to the lumbering city bus it normally is.

1 last thing. Magazine size is the best option but basi's with reload speed do pretty well. It's hard to maintain LOS long enough to empty the whole clip especially if you're driving around cover and most players hit reload early in those situations.
    • Up x 1
  10. Sil4ntChaozz

11. Towie

I actually run dual Furys on my max stealth bus - so it can surprise the hell out of any vehicle sneaking up on it. Range and air is a problem though. Alternatively Kobalt/Fury - Kobalt eats through infantry quickly.

Dual Basilisk is fine if you have two gunners working together (using proxy to call out targets) and overall probably the best general purpose setup that will scare away most things.

Dual Walkers is a useful option - probably the best AA option in the game.

I have just about every option maxed and one thing is for certain - no matter what loadout I choose, I usually need a different one when I get to the action ;)
    • Up x 1
  12. Okaydan

I have 4 builds on my sundy:

Battlebus: double Fury, blockade, fire suppression
    Zerg spawn: fury/walker, deploy shield, gate diffuser
    Sneaky: fury/walker, stealth max (incl bubble), fire suppression (or gate if necessary)
    Support: basilisk/fury or double basilisk, prox repair (have ammo too never use thou), fire suppresion

Usually I pick sneaky, to get sundies in unique spots and provide the 'pros' a place to spawn for flanking zergs.
    If I don't know where I go or no sundy is there yet, zerg spawn it is.

Battlebus and Support I only use when I'm playing with dedicated gunners, randoms are just not reliable enough for these setups.
  13. Daigons

Don't be *THAT* Sundy with only 1 point in Ammo or Repair.
    • Up x 1
  14. AllRoundGoodGuy

Is the bulldog any good? It seems like none of the builds include it.
  15. Pikachu

Bulldog is inferior to furies and everyone knows but don't want to admit it because they don't want bulldog buffed.
  16. AllRoundGoodGuy

BUFF THE BULLDOG
    • Up x 1
  17. Sil4ntChaozz

18. King_Shano

I always have the most fun with a pure AA battlebus, duel walkers with engi gunners, heavy driver with lock-on/striker and a duel burster max as a passenger.
    If you notice in time you can even take on vehicles with proper angling and/or a quick deploy to let the max switch to AV.
    Besides that my typical solo bus is fury/walker.
    • Up x 1
  19. The Shady Engineer

I've got 5 loadouts for my Sundy:

Battlebus: Furies x2 with thermals and maximum magazine capacity, Blockade, Rival chassis and fire suppression.

Spawn point bus: Kobalt in the front, Fury in the back, both with thermals and magazine capacity upgrades. Deployment shield, Rival chassis and fire suppression.

AA bus: Walkers x2 with 1.75x (didn't have certs for 2x back when I was buying Walkers) optics and magazine capacity upgrades, Deployment shield, Rival chassis and fire suppression.

Support bus Ammo: Basilisk in the front, Walker in the back, both with 1.75x optics and magazine capacity upgrades. Ammo dispenser, Rival chassis and fire suppression.

Support bus Repairs: Same thing as the ammo bus except with proxy repairs in the defensive slot instead of the ammo dispenser.

Also I do swap fire suppression for GSD when attacking shielded bases on Hossin or Amp stations and such. I'd recommend certing at least to rank 2 of GSD since rank 1 is often not enough to breach both layers of Amp station shielding.
    • Up x 1
  20. Pikachu

Only most fun loadout is dual walker. Being that nice AA support guy. Sadly few people want to be gunners.
    • Up x 1