A solution to the shotgun faction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Newlife1025, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Newlife1025

Railguns or guass style weapons. We already have the railjack and guass weapons, so why nit implement that into the game. It would sort the whole **** range problem that shottys have in game. I main NC, so this is just a problem ive run into over and over again. (Especially bridge battles, you cant so jack **** unless if you run to your enemys and hope you can get close enough to do more than tickle them, and hope they dont see your hulking blue figure running at them)
    • Up x 1
  2. Diggsano

There is a Special thing that all Shotguns can equip...it's called slug ammo and it improves your rabfe with the shotgun alot...

And yes there is something called "skill" which you should use and improve ;)
  3. Newlife1025

Slugs can help, but with the forces of rng and a very limited magazine size, youre not gonna get that far
    • Up x 1
  4. Badname707

I mean, how do you intend gauss weapons to function? They'd more or less be competing in the same place as scout rifles, slug shotguns, battle rifles and sniper rifles. Personally speaking, I think they should just change the animations and sounds of the existing weaponry to reflect gauss technology, but if you've got an idea to balance an entirely new high precision weapon into the mix, please elaborate.
  5. Campagne

The thing is, the only actual NC-specific shotguns that can use slugs are the MAX guns, which are arguably worse with them in most scenarios.

No slugs for the Jackhammer, Magscatter, both Canisters, or AirHammer, and no slugs for the NS Renegade either. I may be forgetting some others. Tell me now, how this "special slug ammo" helps these weapons at all? :p
  6. Pat22

Well, all of these weapons have viable alternatives if you're looking to get more range. Not to mention that most of them ( looking at you, Magscatter ) are pretty damn good as they are now.
    So, while the viability of each of those weapons individually may or may not need some looking at, the NC certainly is not in need of a whole new weapon class just for their personal use in ranged combat.
  7. Campagne

However, often the best alternative is either a NS weapon or a re-skinned carbon-copy of a NS weapon.

I don't mean to say the they are bad simply because of their limiting nature, though that does not mean the opposite. (I am also looking at you, Magscatter.)

I'm not saying the NC needs a new weapon class, just that all new ES NC weapons in the future should be not shotguns. :p
    • Up x 1
  8. Newlife1025

I was thinking of burst fire arms. Guass weapons would have the ncs high damage profile, so bursting would stop someone from entering a room and blazing everyone in there. A magazine size of 30 for each arm would give the user 15 bursts in total before reloading. Think of something firing like the desperado or something. The idea still has some kinks.
  9. Liewec123

my only problem with "shotgun faction" is that all shotguns are carbon copies,
    our glorious NC shotguns don't deal any more damage than the TR versions,
    yet the dakka dakka faction (TR) get more dakka dakka (RPM) on their LMGs and carbines :p
    i'm not saying that it gives them an advantage, i'm just saying they have faction flavour on their chosen weapons. :)
    would it really be so hard for DBG to give NC shotguns a little more damage, give TR shotguns a little more RPM and give VS shotguns a little tighter CoF?

cannister is already surprisingly decent at mid-long range, its way way better than ppa :)
    also we get to pick and choose what weapons to take into a fight,
    we have some of the best long range LMGs, so any fool running around outside with a jackhammer deserves to die XD

as for maxes, if you're fighting at longer ranges, screw slugs, grab ravens!
  10. Campagne

Yeah, canister is pretty decent. But back before the buff? ;)

As I said above, often the best alternative is either a NS weapon or a re-skinned carbon-copy of a NS weapon. Though I will admit that the NC do have what is arguably the best long-range LMG, the SAW of course.

Ravens at 50 meters? If you say so. :p
  11. Liewec123

oh god! we do not mention those dark days!

ah 50m is pretty short range, at those ranges i use dual falcons, if you can aim then they're amazing :D
    i can't stand the praying to RNGeesus for slugs to go where you're aiming, and the OHK of dual falcons is awesome :p
    wasted the certs on extended slug mattocks, and now all i use is the 100-250 certs it cost to unlock a second falcon :D (when i unlocked it way back when it was a grenade launcher, now its 1000 certs)
  12. Campagne

Don't the Falcons have a little low velocity to reliably hit infantry out that far? :eek: Seems to me like one could side-step the rocket if they saw it coming.

Haha! Lucky you. If I could go back in time... :p