Nerf the Tank Buster FFS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Klabauter8, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Savadrin

Medkits. Grenades. Motion spotters.

You're dodging the argument and moving the goalposts because you don't want your AP autokill nerfed, I get it. Nerf everything that kills you quickly, but nothing that you use to kill quickly.

You're just one of thousands man, you all sound the same.
  2. Calisai

That's because the skyguard is an abomination and should have been put on the Harasser frame instead of in a 1-man light tank platform. However, because air was so powerful at release, and they hadn't put the Harasser frame in yet, the Devs pushed the skyguard onto the lightning to get it into the game. Basically, the skyguard is a relocatable turret, not a moving AA platform. It gives up almost all utility to be an AA deterrent without the ability to get kills (because chasing air (driving) while shooting (lookup up into the sky) is ridiculous.

You put the same weapon on a Harasser and it would eat air alive. Instead all they did was put the Ranger on there... which is a short-ranged tickle cannon that the only thing it was good for was causing huge FPS drop for the pilot and cause him to fly into a tree. The walker requires continual precision which a bouncy harasser has a problem with. The lightning frame could use this as a relocatable turret just as easy as the flak cannon.
  3. FateJH

Motion spotters do not cost resources to place or replace.
  4. Klabauter8

I don't even use tanks. I mainly play Valkyrie, Harrasser, and engie, that's it. Infantry is not the same as vehicles, since they don't cost nanites. And consumables barely cost anything.
  5. PanzerGoddess

tbers are just fine. If all else fails just come to Connery, find me, I will proceed to pull a skyguard tango by enemy warp gates.
  6. Savadrin

I knew that was going to come up, but it's been a while since I used one and I honestly couldn't remember. but they brought back decoy grenades! lol
  7. ColonelChingles

As a tanker I'm actually okay with the Tankbuster. The Liberator should absolutely shred tanks and other vehicles. That's its job. If I'm running around in my AP Lightning, I just got countered.

But the Liberator is far too powerful against its counters. That's the problem. You simply can't stop a Liberator from Tankbusting.

First, the Liberator needs to be heavily nerfed against ESFs. ESFs should be one of the hard counters to a Liberator. To fix this, a Liberator should not be able to go "belly-up" or even flip the belly beyond a certain degree. If it does so, the Liberator should plummet like a rock and also suffer stress damage at the same time. It's roughly the same way that the Air Force lost an AC-130J back in late 2015.

Second, the Liberator needs to be much mroe vulnerable to ground-based AA fire. It should be deadly for a Liberator to operate in an area with a single Skyguard in it. Essentially, the Skyguard should kill the Liberator as quickly as the Liberator kills other tanks, in only a few seconds. So the Liberator will be very strong if enemy AA is destroyed or suppressed, but be very weak if enemy AA is present.
    • Up x 1
  8. MajiinBuu

I don't fly or see enough liberators to have an opinion either way, but I was honestly unaware that 1 clip could kill tanks :eek:
  9. Savadrin

This is more of an indictment on the Skyguard than the Liberator. I also agree that the Skyguard sucks balls and needs to be better than what it is in terms of both AV and AA. However, do you really want to risk a single AA source becoming that powerful? That itself becomes easily exploitable.

If they would start slowly tuning up both AA and AV damage, that would be awesome, and I might even cert one out myself.
  10. ColonelChingles

The presence of AA should create a no-fly zone, which means that the enemy can only spend a few seconds in that zone before they die. It should not be enough time for them to fly in, hit the target, and fly out.

To remedy this, pilots should rely on the ground forces in their platoon to take out enemy AA assets. Harassers, for example, will quite easily massacre Skyguards. If a Liberator begins to take fire when approaching a hex or if friendly aircraft are lost, the pilot should communicate the last known position of the AA to ground Harasser teams. The Harassers then bypass the enemy lines and hit the Skyguards in the rear. Once the enemy AA is taken out, the Liberators can resume their operations.

Of course, excluded are infantry-carried AA and MAXes. That's because these sources of AA are more difficult to remove, and so should not be so powerful. A Skyguard, on the other hand, cannot hide nearly so easily and so should swat Liberators and other aircraft from the sky.
    • Up x 1
  11. Savadrin

I hear you, and strategically that's a pretty good model. I'd prefer that we keep skyguards under instagib level when there are only two in a hex though. That becomes no fun for anyone, as the Air leaves and the skyguards are left to rust since they can't do anything else. One solo Lib, barring an amazing player, cannot lock down an entire hex. neither should one skyguard.
  12. FieldMarshall

You should consider trying the TB for yourself.
    Perfectly lining up vehicles forr a kill and getting away with it doesent happen as often as you might think.
  13. LaughingDead

How many tanks do you know of that can dash to cover like gods from an air assault?
    You're basically saying "Perfect scenarios don't always happen", then I ask WELL HOW ABOUT THE IMPERFECT ONES? There's only one scenario that I see a lib losing to a tank and that one involves the lib being terrible. It takes 3 shots to kill a lib eith ap, designed for tanks, nailing two can gettem on fire but seriously, libs far outmaneuver tanks and if the lib was smart just stay directly above the tank and gun him down.

As for the thread itself; The only vehicle I found to completely tank and outdps a lib is the max rank double walker blockade sundi with 2 gunners and a driver. Or basilisks also work if the gunners are decent. As for the skyguard they could simply bump up the direct damage to 334 within 100 or 50 meters, making it an effective weapon for aa and ai
  14. JohnGalt36

Devs hate tanks. It will never happen. I gave up on them actually making the tank game enjoyable ever again a long time ago. If anything, they'll just add more infantry AV, make the TB longer range, and make 1 C4 take out two MBT's. That's the future, my man.
    • Up x 1
  15. Ziggurat8

Funniest thing. I have like 50 kills as a tank buster. So I'm talking to you not as a tank buster pilot. But as pretty much ALWAYS being on the recieving end.

Its fine.

53 kills in 10hrs of flying with it on my liberator...

http://ps4us.ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=ziggurat8&show=weapons
  16. Klabauter8

I don't care if you pilot or not, but that you have no idea what you are talking about is pretty obvious.
  17. Ziggurat8

So because I don't agree you say I have no idea what I'm talking about. Show us your 1337 stats with the tank buster so we know you at least know what you're talking about.

No?

You got killed in your whatever by a tank buster and think you're entitled to never die in a game to anything and now you're butt hurt. Get over it. Go play mine craft or something more your speed.
  18. Klabauter8

This has nothing to do with if you agree with me or not, but saying "git gud" when there is no way to properly dodge tank busters in this game due to latency, is just stupid.

I usually only play shmups for score, you f*cktard. A genre ten times more difficult and demanding than this kiddie crap here.
  19. Jawarisin

You can't even fly, calm down. Why don't you make us a nice little video showing us how strong you are with the tankbuster. My guess is you suck and will hardly get a kill.

Prove me wrong.
    • Up x 1
  20. Ziggurat8

The problem lies between the chair and the keyboard. Figure that out and you might have a chance...