[Suggestion] VR Training Centre needs cordium deposits

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rebecca649, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Rebecca649

I love the VR training centre and getting to try out all the different classes, there weapons, finding the one that fits for you in the right situation and practising your technique. Its all awesome and trying out different weapons and features on the vehicles is a big plus but theirs one vehicle that can't practise its main feature, which is of course the ANT.
    Building is the main feature of the ANT though it does have some great side features and weapons which make it very versatile but its main purpose in life is for building.
    I find the building and mining feature very cool and fun particularly when your base gets added too by others and becomes an important part of your factions battle strategy for taking or defending a continent.
    Though like any other weapon, vehicle or side feature of a class practise makes perfect which is why the VR training centre is so useful but without Cordium for the ANT to mine there is no way other than spending DB cash to practise building.

I know it is possible to practise in game but the fact of the matter is to do this is a trial by fire in most cases not to mention costly if you mess up. Cordium is valuable and not easy to find so it is always needed by your faction to help win the battle, so using some up to go build deep in your lines for safety is a bit selfish.
    Also theirs always the risk of being spotted, we know how you lovely pilots like to search the odd Cordium deposits for us ANTs busy mining and of course in an actual battle there is the race to simply deploy before being shot.

All of this means learning the best practise, method or way to set up a base can get lost or take a long time to learn after making some big mistakes in game particularly I think with module positioning or wall placement.

Its like anything in the game having a safe place to get used to or test something new or unfamiliar makes perfect or at least less mistakes. I have lost track how many times I have gone past a player made base that has the Hive exposed or huge gaps in walls exposing modules to long range fire.
    The VR training area is huge, lots of space to go off and practise or fairness those wall placements or turrets positioning relative to useful modules, leaving space for addition by other players etc...

So in closing love the VR Trainging Centre, Love the ANT, love the building feature. So some cordium in the VR training centre or making it free to deploy while in the VR would be very helpful to new and skilled players alike :)

Thanks for reading :)
    • Up x 3
  2. JKomm

I agree, and it's been suggested many times with no word on it happening... I hope it does one day but they may be leaving it out intentionally.
  3. Pikachu

VR needs biolab.
  4. Ximaster

And Tech Plant.../facepalm
  5. Kcalehc

Honestly the VR training should just be Koltyr. With cortium, and all factions on it, just without the ability to damage each other. (perhaps with a special /duel command so 2 players can hit each other for testing purposes.)
    • Up x 2
  6. AllRoundGoodGuy

VR training needs to have moving targets. Anyone can headshot a unmoving dude from 200m away
  7. Savadrin

Not a bad idea, but you really only learn combat effectiveness of your base via it getting destroyed and attacked. Can't do that in VR :D
  8. Rebecca649

That's certainly true there is no replacement for in the moment, on the job training under fire. There are only lessons you can learn in combat and battle but for the most part I think just for getting a handle on the basics of building in a safe environment may help newer players get a handle on the system more quickly.
    I myself as an experienced player would not mind a little practise placing walls, never seem to get them lined up right :)

I must admit I wonder this myself, whether it is an intentional choice to leave building out of VR. I hope they do change this though and allow it, there is certainly a good case to be made for having the ability to practise using the building system and all the different delpoyables.
  9. Savadrin

Walls, bunkers, can all certainly be a pain to deal with, I know it well ;)
    • Up x 1
  10. MajiinBuu

Cortium is especially necessary now that there is a second primary mining tool. There is no way to test it without trialing it and hoping you can find cortium before you're attacked! :mad: Or just buying it and hoping you didn't waste certs :oops:
    On that note, has anyone used the new mining tool? It says it has a cooldown, but is the overall DPS (cortium harvested being "damage") higher than the default?
  11. JKomm

As someone who has bought it, trust me... it is in fact a waste of certs. The Howler is worse overall, sure it collects faster, but by the time you're done overheating you would be well passed that limit with the Mandibles.
    • Up x 1
  12. JKomm

I can only personally assume it's a technical issue, or an issue with the VR map not being designed with construction in mind... though I imagine that would be an easy fix. It would certainly be nice to get a better grasp on Construction without the massive investment... one would argue you can by defending a large base already built, but that doesn't give the full experience of placement, collection, resource management, among other things.
  13. Rebecca649

Exactly true. Particularly since building as a whole is going to become a more prominent part of game in the future it makes sense to have the ability to get some experience deploying the different range of builds available. It like with the other purchasable weapons or features of other vehicles variants, different choices give different options, same is true with builds. Being able to test out which builds work best for you or which ones you want to purchase first could be tested in the VR.
  14. Pikachu

Also VR needs that cool holographic training facility building found on Hossin.
  15. EvilWarLord

Well if VR Training is to have any large facilities, might as well make it into an Island.

Oh right wasn't PS1's VR training and island to.
  16. Savadrin

I wouldn't be surprised if the entirety of VR gets an overhaul.

That said, there's plenty of space for a person or two to build in VR, but as big as VR is, the space requirements between Cortium Silos alone would make it impractical for any number of people to build bases at the same time.

Additionally, the live world has a nice way of cleaning up abandoned bases without relying on decay to make them disappear. This garbage collection doesn't happen in VR ;)