*Error: There was a problem getting the list of files for download. An update may be in progress. Pl

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SirIBON, Apr 24, 2013.

1. DeBobbel14

The game is ddost.. All the servers are down. Thats why we cant download!!
  2. TylarBlue

IT WORKED ! Thank you a lot Netranger57 it ****** worked I was like "**** i won't be able to solve this, now i can just delete the game and never play it again"

I didn't thx to you ^^
  3. Odaizoh

1. Check that the servers are up. To do this use the sites on the internet of the launcher itself. In the bottom lefthand side there (at least at the moment) there is a text saying: "Version: Live Play". Click it and check "Servers"

2. Delete the LaunchPad.Cache from the C:\....\Planetside 2\LaunchPad.libs

3. Try to launch game. If This isn't enough, continue;

4. Check the file in C:\...\Planetside 2 , called .DownloadError . If it has the line: "BadDigestSig - SocketError:Retry - Try again (11002) - http://manifest.patch.station.sony....ivecommon/live/planetside2-livecommon.sha.soe"
    The problem most likely is that the launcher is trying to access the files at sony, instead of daybreak.

5. Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and copy-paste the "hosts" file to your desktop (or anywhere else)
    Open with notepad and copy "64.37.169.11 manifest.patch.station.sony.com" to the end.
    Save
    Then copy-paste to the original file location ( C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc . You will need administrator rights for that.
    Try if the launcher works after this. If not, spread buttcheeks and insert daybreak.
  4. Velguard

I, too. have been having this issue. it started at 7:00 for me, and i figured it would fix itself when i got home from school. this is not the case.

i did everything that has been tried above, and nothing. and from the dates, this is a recent thign and im not the only one to suffer through this. someone needs to come up with a solution,

im only glad this didnt happen during the sale, i would have been furious
  5. nambr9

6. Semith

As of today, I also am having this issue.
  7. Velguard

Edit on my post: i finally got it to work by doing this, so if ANYONE is having issues, which i know is quite a few of you are. please follow this guide. im currently in game. my personal opinion?: we shouldn't have to edit files and stuff like this just to play their game, what if there are others who dont know how to do all this stuff, it can be really daunting to have to go through all this for some people. this type of stuff that affects a mass number of people should be top-priority.
  8. mortisius

Thank you! I tried all of the other tips, but this worked. :D
  9. Renuse

I am having this issue as well.
  10. Saool

I had this issue, but the editing the 'hosts' file fix worked for me.
  11. Anrick59

“1. Check that the servers are up. To do this use the sites on the internet of the launcher itself. In the bottom lefthand side there (at least at the moment) there is a text saying: "Version: Live Play". Click it and check "Servers"

2. Delete the LaunchPad.Cache from the C:\....\Planetside 2\LaunchPad.libs

3. Try to launch game. If This isn't enough, continue;

4. Check the file in C:\...\Planetside 2 , called .DownloadError . If it has the line: "BadDigestSig - SocketError:Retry - Try again (11002) - http://manifest.patch.station.sony....ivecommon/live/planetside2-livecommon.sha.soe"
    The problem most likely is that the launcher is trying to access the files at sony, instead of daybreak.

5. Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and copy-paste the "hosts" file to your desktop (or anywhere else)
    Open with notepad and copy "64.37.169.11 manifest.patch.station.sony.com" to the end.
    Save
    Then copy-paste to the original file location ( C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc . You will need administrator rights for that.
    Try if the launcher works after this. If not, spread buttcheeks and insert daybreak.”
    I have done everything, but in the end only got:
    "Unable to download SocketError:Unreachable - No data (11004) -"

Problem still exists :(
  12. MaalGanis

THK host fix helps to enter the game.
  13. BigBossNeoLord

Honestly, the devs really need to fix this dang issue. Because yesterday the game work just fun. But today, errors, errors, errors up my ***.

I had to be forced to delete the game off my steam.
  14. iordanes

I filed a ticket this worked for me

Ray C. (Daybreak Games)
    Sep 26, 3:23 PM PDT

I'd like you to delete some of the files associated with the Launchpad cache.

1. Go to your game's folder and find the file "Launchpad-user.ini" and delete it.
    2. Then, open the launchpad.libs folder, then delete the folder named launchpad.cache.
    3. Then, go to C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow and delete the entire "Daybreak Game Company" and "Sony Online Entertainment" folders. (These folders are flagged as "Hidden" - you will need to enable the "View Hidden Files and Folders" option in the Folder Options menu of your Windows Explorer)

After that, try accessing the game once again
  15. Odaizoh

Try this:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/295110/discussions/0/616199736992515360/
  16. FusionSpike

Good News everyone It is Fixed It looks like Tons of people Had this problem , Daybreak foxed it this Afternoon have a fun time playing :)
  17. Amenbrick

I solved all the problems with this and now I get the 4-404 problem.
  18. xPiranhasx

Updating my local host file resolved my problem.

I finally resolve my problem with updating my local host file with the following info that was mentioned in the posts above.

64.37.169.11 manifest.patch.station.sony.com - Copied this to the end of my host file and game starts fine.

This fix my problem for my computer I am running Win 7 Pro 64 bit.

Thank you to the original posts in help getting this resolved. Much appreciated.
  19. Le Quang Dieu

20. Jawbreaker54

this fixes all the htttp crap:

1- open control panel
    2- go network and Internet
    3- click on internet options
    4- navigate to the connections tab
    5- Click on "LAN Settings" Button
    6- Check the "Use Proxy Server for your LAN" box
    7- add this address "64.37.169.11" to the Address box
    8- Click Ok on the LAN Settings window and the Internet Settings Window
    9- Click Retry Launcher and it should let you play

this worked for me!

the only thing u should not do is delete files from the appdata crap! This gives u an error telling u to validate your files.

Thanks eranyo.