[Suggestion] Buff the Terran Republic cloak sound

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Thundastorm, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Thundastorm

Hello everyone,

I find it ridiculous how easy it is to hear the high-pitched buzzing sound of the TR Infiltrator cloak.
    I always had trouble hearing a VS or NC Infiltrator when in a loud fight, but I can't remember being killed by a TR infiltrator that I did not hear coming.
    While the other two factions have a muffled noise, that TR "howling" sound is so noticeable it's unfair.
    It's overlapping most other sounds since it is so unique, making it too easy to spot.

Regards, a VS only player.
  2. Amouris

Huh I find it to be the opposite for me. New Conglomerate decloak audio is just blatant to me, feels really drawn out. Meanwhile the Vanu Sovereignty's just sounds like a fart, so I just listen for someone passing gas.
  3. cobaltlightning

I feel the same thing that Amouris does. All the uncloak sounds are supposed to be loud and distinct, and easy to pick up even during a small firefight.

You just gotta train your ears to listen for the other 2 uncloaking sounds.
  4. Littleman

I'm with Amouris on this - the TR cloak is by far the hardest to pick up on during moments of excessive violence. NC and VS sounds are kind of alike though, distinct, farty noises, one is just wetter than the other.
  5. Leivve

I don't know my but that made me lol.

But I agree, the TR's cloak sound is the most "natural" sounding. The NC's sounds like their cloak malfunctioned, and the VS is extremely distinct; like a hardening rock or something.
    • Up x 1
  6. Thundastorm

Well, natural or not.
    The NC and VS sounds need to be louder imo...
  7. pnkdth

Cloaks work really well, as in they enable anyone to home on the infiltrator's location. To add insult to injury, it is also quite easy to spot an infiltrator unless they remain perfectly still.

I find the wet fart of VS to be very easy to hear, NC's cloak sound like a major electrical malfunction, and TR have their clear whistle-like sound. Use cloak with care because you're likely to attract hungry predators if you use it recklessly.
  8. The Walrus Whisperer

NC cloak is deafening, I used to hunt NC infils as a Vanu for a whilel but I came back to the NC because I like the Vanguard and the freedom.
  9. CptFirelord

I don't personally find any of them any harder or easier to hear. They're pretty hard to hear in a large engagement with explosions going off everywhere unless you're right on top of them.
  10. Klondor

As a main for TR, i find our cloak sound to be just fine. What i've noticed about the 3 empires' cloaking noises other than the actual sound they make, is their audio length for cloaking and uncloaking.
    - Vanu's entrance is short and loud, while their exit is long but quieter.
    - NC's entrance is short and quiet, while their exit is long and loud.
    - TR's entrance is long and loud, while their exit is short but quieter.

Keep in mind, sound duration is longer in first person because you are the source, so you hear more of the cloak than the enemy does. In third person (someone else's view of you), they will hear the same sound, but a lot of the sound is not there because they're hearing it from a different angle, or further distance.

Here is a prime example of what i mean:
    (I made this specifically for you, OP. Took me about an hour lol)
  11. Corezer

I feel NC is the most distinct, like running my fingers down a wash board.

TR/VS aren't alike, VS is more like a person presenting with rales trying to make a TR cloak sound. That being said, if you are paying more attention to other things, I can recall a good number of times where I ran after a cloak sound only to find a friendly hiding in a corner compulsively beating his "F key."

TR and NC have the best ES pistols for sure, the spiker is about as usable as a mag-shot and options beyond that are commish or bust.