[BUG] ESF Kill Assists

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CptFirelord, Sep 19, 2016.

1. CptFirelord

Once again, ESFs crashing or plummeting into a nearby tree is giving no reward for last hitting as it used to. You'll be lucky to get a kill assist on it let alone credit for the kill.

Additionally, bailing out / suicides aren't counting towards your kills again.

Boy, with the recent air changes killing the air game for experienced pilots and bailouts / crashes giving nothing but assist exp, it feels like 2012 all over again! :D :D :D
  2. Sh4n4yn4y

Not quite, we're still waiting on returning to the glory days of the OPness of our noseguns and lolpods. Remember the instruments of death they were back in those days?
    • Up x 1
  3. adamts01

The bailout suicide thing does suck. But I definitely don't see experienced pilots having a hard time out there....?.....

So you're waiting for the game to be unbalanced? Do you need all the help you can get or something? I hear hacks are pretty easy to get away with if that's the case.
  4. Sh4n4yn4y

So you're waiting for the game to be unbalanced? Do you need all the help you can get or something? I hear hacks are pretty easy to get away with if that's the case.[/quote]

Woooooow... Pretty sure I heard a whoosh as that one went over your head. He stated it's like 2012 all over again. I said not quite, because we don't have the OP weapons back. Therefore, it's not quite 2012 all over again.

Get it now? Jesus.
    • Up x 1
  5. CptFirelord

The Aces, or "skyknights" as Wrel and many others are fond of calling us, used to enjoy flying around solo and killing people while testing out their skill. It's not possible anymore to fly solo thanks to the introduction of Air Radar as a passive cert on all ESFs.

Many of us, myself included, would prefer not to have to fly around in gank squads, but unfortunately we're forced to due to the high spammage of Coyotes (which are still outperforming noseguns) as well as everyone flying around in their own gank squads. It's made it so if you fly alone, you aren't going to be killed by someone who's more skillful than you, you're just going to get zerged. The air game was good before. You had to work hard to get good. Now, however, you just have to roll with Coyotes and 2 or 3 other people and catch someone alone.

There are still those occasions where we'll be able to solo groups of 5 horrid pilots or 2 or 3 decent pilots, but those are and always have been incredibly rare moments that come once in a great while and don't rear their head for quite a while after.

He's joking about how the noseguns used to be pretty strong versus tanks and such and how lolpods were the go-to secondary attachment for everyone due to their strength (and people not knowing enough about the game yet to effectively counter).
  6. SoljVS

I still fly solo with great success anywhere but flakistan (indar). Mainly due to the fact that flak covers every square inch of the map. I switched over to stealth/fire supp loadout. And since you get level 1 NAR now from being an engy in an ESF that fixes my quality of life issue of having to land to rep all the time from any little plink.
    • Up x 1
  7. CptFirelord

Indeed, I did this for a while. But talk to Phoenix, myself, Canadian, KOD, etc. etc. and we'll all pretty much tell you we don't necessarily want to run stealth and gank from above. Doesn't provide an environment for which new pilots can learn to fly. Sounds lame, but it's the truth. We want more skilled people to shoot down ;p

I use stealth occasionally with my locust but not nearly as often as I probably should.
  8. adamts01

Well it is a combined arms MMO..... I actually got **** talked and teamkilled for flying around as a noob pilot with my noob brother as a wingman..... Screw all of you that that get pissy you cant have your own little mini-game in the air, this is Planetside. I really do honestly believe they should have an air only continent so that all 20 of you can go fly there and duel to your hearts content. As for engagement radar..... I'm sure you're already better than most other pilots, stop running composite and run stealth, how have you not figured that out? Stealth=OP, especially against the noob gank squads you're afraid of. The way I see it, everything in this game should be balanced and mesh together in a huge combined arms battlefield. If you only want to fight other aircraft, why don't you play War Thunder, or Star Citizen, or Elite? Honest question.
  9. CptFirelord

First of all

Who the hell runs Composite?

Second, quite a few of us are trying to promote healthy gameplay. While you would rather QQ and say "go to your own continent skyknights QQQQQQ" we try to NOT fly in gank squads as that's a HORRIBLE way to learn how to fly. We're trying to fly without Stealth so we don't kill you randoms without giving you at least somewhat of a chance to fight back. If you'd rather not learn how to fly the proper, and only, way like WE were forced to, then kindly stick to infantryside where you belong.
  10. adamts01

LOL. You don't run Stealth and cry about engagement radar. Not running composite leaves NAR, which is free to engineers so I can only imagine you bail in a LA just like the pilots you cry about in your OP. Nothing you're saying is adding up. Look in the mirror and ask yourself if you're really promoting healthy gameplay or clinging to the old unbalanced meta because you've finally made it to the top.
  11. LaughingDead

As an advocate for all vehicle balance, I call ******** that coyotes are outperforming noseguns.

Also I'd like to add that flying solo should be the same effect as running out into an open field solo; you get shot at by anything in the area and you deserve it. It isn't hard to fly with ONE OTHER PILOT, hell I had a friend on constantly wanting to learn the a2a game, so I tookem, told him exactly what to run (nosegun with tanks and I run the same thing) and SHOCKINGLY he learned. It's as if DEVS ADDED COMMUNICATION AND TEAMWORK ALONG WITH WIDE TOP MODELS FOR PLANES SO THAT PEOPLE CAN TAG TEAM YOU FOR A REASON, and they added a helpful tip for everyone wanting to learn on the load screen:
    "When learning to fly, make sure you travel with a friend". ODD HOW THEY WANTED SOLO FLYERS TO BE SO DOMINANT.

Not trying to be an ****** here but I'm pretty sure it's clear the air game should be done in squads.

As for the bug YES HOLY **** THAT CRAP IS ******* ANNOYING. I auraxed my bird before the patch hit thank god, everyone was purposely crashing into the ground before, I could not imagine auraxing now.
    • Up x 1
  12. CptFirelord

It's quite apparent you have no idea what you're talking about so I'll just let you wallow in your stupidity.

Sauce for posterity.
  13. adamts01

How is it so hard to answer that question? ^ ^ ^ NAR and LA? Yep. You're not doing anything differenty than the people you're crying about. You're fed up with people doing it right back to you so you come on here and whine like someone's going to care. You're crying about the most powerful unit in a silly game, get over it. And seriously, it's not that complicated of a situation. I suck at bowling too but it doesn't mean I don't have a clue what's going on. Try again.
  14. guerrillaman

Actually when you guys started learning to fly, the weren't hundreds of try hard vets to compete with. So in all reality, it's much harder now.
  15. Garedar

Life is tough. It's even tougher when your stupid. John Wayne said something like that.
    You know what is even tougher? When you finally realize that you are stupid.
    That was a hard day. Dam I thought I knew just about everything, boy I was wrong. All of a sudden out of nowhere, WHAAM. Reality hit me right up side the head.
    I really do not know much of anything! I had to face the fact that I would never know everything. Hell I will never know a fraction of everything. So I learned to live with being stupid.
    Once I figured out how to turn being stupid into having fun this game got a whole lot funner!