[Suggestion] Give harassers cloak function.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DobryiPupok, Sep 19, 2016.

1. DobryiPupok

Lemposs,
    Actually the all games are made for fun, not for mournful prayers (if you didn't know), and PS2 made for fun too. :)
  2. DobryiPupok

EPIC389,
    Not removes. Flash has it's own advantages: 3 time cheaper, has a gun. It's all for player's choise what to use.

May be make cloaked harasser little weaker, than usuall, but it must not die with one tank shot any way. Of course it's better - but you must pay for it x3 time more. It's just like to take mosquito x7 more cost for some transport purpose. Mosquito much much faster - but it's cost much bigger.
  3. LaughingDead

Dude, when did attacking while cloaked ever be a thing? It wouldn't matter. You are safer from ESFs, rockets, tanks, practically everything that's a counter to harassers, vehicle play would only be friggin harassers because of how powerful the CQ AV topguns are, getting behind a tank which is its main weakness is how you kill them with AV harassers.
  4. DobryiPupok

LaughingDead,
    No weapon on cloaked harasser - that's what I mean. Read it well once again please. :)
  5. customer548

Harassers are way cheezy enough atm. No, thanks.
    Harassers already have possible infinite repair, very high maneuverability, and 3 men crews.
    Disabling main weapon while cloaked ? Not an argument, due to the fact that Harassers can transport a Max or Has using their weapons.
    You need cloaked Harassers in order to travel only ? Not an argument, because you already can redeploy everywhere in fast and safe ways. Or get an aircraaft, or a Flash (cloaked or not).
    Flashes being garbage, with bad stability and low speed ? No, they aren't. Just learn how to use them in a proper way.

I think you just want to add more cheese on top of an already cheezy feature. Your definition of "And why not? It's funny".

Roadkills (that's your real goal here, but you do not want to admit it) with invisibility, high maneuverability, infinite repair, high HP pool, heavy weaponery onboard (Max-HAs-AV mines) may sound "funny" to you...But it would damage the game's balance, and would bother PS2's playerbase.
  6. DobryiPupok

customer548,
    As I said, it's for a discuss. Roadkills, MAXes in harasser and other possible moments to think about. May be restrict carrying MAXes in harassers with cloak module. About road kills, I don't know. May be make long cool down for cloak, to prevent permanent riding being cloaked. But, as I said, I didn't saw everytime riding roadkillers on flashes, it's not common.
  7. LaughingDead

Then what's stopping it from replacing the topgun with a close AV max unit? And even if it was balanced to the extreme, what role would it really serve that the ant couldn't? Why not stealth valks next?
  8. DobryiPupok

LaughingDead,
    If you think it needed, make new topic about it.
  9. LordKrelas

So basically a invisible freight train to be rammed by. That you can't even dodge that well if you could see it, but now invisible, and needing more than a tank round to even stop.

Perfect for ending any assault lacking tanks.
    Let alone just ram & dash on any infantry group.
    After all who needs a gun when you can run over infantry, flee, and be nearly impossible to find at range.
    Those invisible flashes are bad enough...

This is assuming that it has no offensive weaponry from anything inside or mounted on, heaven forbid it actually had any means to have weapons.
    Find spot, uncloak, unload death and re-cloak while gunning it at mach 10; Kill streak gold.
  10. adamts01

Of course it's rare to see them. If you could see them, what's the point? Joking aside, it's a terrible idea. Ants were given cloak as a defensive tool, I'm sure. And Flashes were given cloak to help infiltrators sneak behind enemy lines to hack, not LOL around the battlefield running people over. The Harasser is powerful and versatile as ****, it doesn't need any help concerning combat. As for transportation, there are already 2 stealth options for that.
  11. Cyiko

No, definitely not. As an avid harasser pilot, i can tell you that it would be the worst idea considering the amount of damage it can output, not to mention how much easier it would be to escape with it.

The only thing i want to see with harassers is some way to max out a cert line, like stealth sunderers can get the cloak field, and in return get a complete chassis overhaul. Maxing out racer as a Vanu player gets you the thresher from planetside 1, letting it have the same movement capabilities of a magrider. composite armor gives the enforcer for planetside 1 as NC, increasing the durability but decreasing the actual speed the harasser can go. Not sure what cert line should give the marauder for the TR
  12. DobryiPupok

Cyiko,
    Go to read carefully 1st post too. You are not only one in such misunderstanding having lazy to read before answering.
  13. DobryiPupok

I don't know how to make some additions, which I found out, to the main post.

Main purpose of cloaked harasser - alternative transport function, to get to the needed point quick and invisible.

may be cloaked harasser must:
    1. not be able to carry MAXes.
    2. have longer cloak cool down to prevent permanent roadkills
    3. have little less defense, then usual harasser
    4. be available for infiltrators only
  14. Diilicious

[reaction without even opening the thread]

HOLY **** NO.

[reads all the comments]

please for the love of god no.
    • Up x 2
  15. DoucheSlayer

Why not just use a cloak flash instead
  16. Cyiko

Oh i read it don't worry and it's still a really terrible idea.
  17. DobryiPupok

Diilicious,

This is not an argument. It's just a crying.

Cyiko,
    I'm glad that we was able to overcome your laziness. Now you can have a great future :)
  18. EPIC389

Honestly, the biggest problem I see is that there is simply no need for a harasser to cloak. If your changes were made(not allowing maxes), it would essentially be a more expensive two man transport vehicle. That's basically the same thing as a flash. In fact when you put it that way, the flash is in fact, slightly superior in that regard, being able to carry weapons
  19. Gr1mw0lf

nope... just... no...
  20. Kcalehc

Now having the Sunderer able to cloak on the move for a very short time, would be good, for being sneaky. But the Harasser, nah.

It's unnecessary, the thing is fast enough to get into and out of trouble, and with stealth, its hard to notice it coming unless the driver is an idiot.