[Suggestion] Prowler sniping

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Newlife1025, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Newlife1025

Ive been getting sniped by prowlers often now, amd im wondering how i can counter this. Usually they snipe from maby 150 meters+ and sometimes theyre out of range for my crow lock on launcher. The shrike helps, but the arc of a rocket launcher has me taking a few shots before i get the right angle (and then the prowler runs away to fix up). I have bith raven arms which sorta helps, but doesn't feel as effective. I could foot zerg there, but ill probably get ahot down half way there (indar or easmir so little cover to hide behind. With that in mind, what are my options or how can i counter them effectively so i can get more sacrifices to the rngods.
  2. FateJH

Esamir is a continent of mountains and enclosures. Where are you standing that you're getting sniped by Prowlers so often?
    As a lower range, that's not very far away at all. Any tank with decent aim could probably blast you at that range.
    Your launcher has further lock-on range than they should be able to see you. The fact that you have a launcher might be bumping up your rendering priority to them, actually.
  3. King_Shano

*views profile*
    Does it smell funny in here or is it just me?

If your serious then just become a god with ravens, they can shoot around corners.... Or mountains, seriously. They can. God.
  4. LaughingDead

There's only 3 places I know of that allow that kind of camping: Quartz ridge (not even effectively) aurora mats (mountain behind the spawn room) and one base on hossin I don't remember.

Now for that matter, why are you trying to deal with the tank head on? Just go to another base and pull a lightning or even a flash with c4, or an AV CQ harasser, or a plane or etc you get it. Trying to deal with a spawn camp from spawn is one of the worst things you can do.
  5. Halkesh

Just to say : you'll never get a kill by attacking alone a MBT at medium/long range and without spent nanite. At best you can force him to retrait.

Blow up the prowler with C4 / mines
    Blow up the prowler with decimator +4 AV grenades
    Spawn a tank/harasser/MAX (don't do that if you know you'll just waste nanites)
    Spawn a flash from an other base and flank the tank (flash auto-detection range is around 60 meter), then C4 the prowler.
    Avoid the tank : most of the time, there is a path to the capture point where the prowler can't reach.
    Avoid the tank : redeploy.
  6. Newlife1025

i can decimate with ravens just fine in medium range, against vehicles, but im not very stable at longer ranges.
  7. Newlife1025

Thanks for the tips. But im more of a cert grinder. If i see a tank and i have the right class, ill kill it.
  8. Newlife1025

I cant really kill tanks with my plane, it just seems so long and i feel as if i barely do damage. And most camping occurs on indar and easmir in more open areas. They just tend to sit on a hill or some elevation and lockdown. And my lightning gets shredded by mbts.
  9. Newlife1025

Im usually on flat land... they'll just get on a hill and start shooting and thats when i attempt to kill them.
  10. Riksos

Why do people think they should be able to 1v1 a tank as an infantryman?
  11. Halkesh

Well except sneaking with C4 or AV mines, it's rare to blow up tank with infantry as they can take cover, can OHK you and need up to 8 rocket to be killed.
    If you're not going for the kill then just launch 1-2 rocket on the side/rear will be enough to force it to retrait. Don't attack tank from front except you have no other choice or are already spotted by the tank.

The only 2 ESF weapon effective against tank are rocket pods and hornet. If you're trying to kill a tank with the nosegun, you're doing it wrong. X)
  12. LaughingDead

You can 3 clip an MBT from the back with the nosegun, or use hornets. Lightenintings generally want AP when dealing with tanks, simply sneak up, shootem in the back, and if you keep on their back through 2 shots you can generally kill them, still keep distance. Libs deck them with tank buster, nuff said. C4 flash is the least expected. AV harasser can handle them pretty easily if you know what you're doing. Lock on heavies are incredibly annoying if you're persistant.

But from what you're telling me, the tank is in his perfect situation where you're trying to fight him head on with a 5 minute head start on his end.
  13. CptFirelord

Esamir is the most open and flat of all continents.

How to counter? As a single infantry you should never be a hard counter to armor. Pull a tank, get behind them, blow them up.
  14. FateJH

Sure. If you're loitering about in all the wrong places, you're bound to be a huge target.
  15. Newlife1025

Thanks, i never knew how much damage i was doing so i just gave up
  16. Daigons

The Prowler is actually parked on the mountain in VR and shooting at any target.
  17. Shadowomega

Actually even with Max reload AP the Prowler with 2/2 can still turn its main gun/Gatekeeper around and kill the lighting though its front armor before the Lighting can land the kill shot needed. Not to mention they can come out of lockdown nearly instantly now and turn their rear armor away from the attacker.

Just fyi a max reload, and max lockdown prowler has a reload of 1.1 seconds with a total damage between the two shots at 2500 damage before mitigation. Combine that with the Gatekeepers damage output and watch vehicles melt.
    • Up x 1
  18. Newlife1025

I got caught off guard before i could pull out my shield on my vanguard. I melted within seconds.