Do you find VS hard to see?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ryme_Intrinseca, Aug 25, 2016.

1. FIN Faravid

This is what they look like with default armor, default helmet, same camo on the main menu.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. Saturax

Now its perfectly clear... only VS have light on head, for all NC+TR snipers see and shoot them on kilometers :D nerf nerf :rolleyes:
    ( just kiding )
  3. TombsClawtooth

I find VS most difficult to see on average. More or less like an entirely black suit with only the face visible, at a frantic CQB glance.

TR are always easily identified by the big red shoulder pads. On light assaults with weird camos, sometimes TR are INSANELY difficult to see.

NC is most certainly the easiest to see. I've put a fair deal of time into all 3 factions, and this was even a fairly big ordeal in planetside 1. Granted VS were more noticeable in planetside 1, the NC still stood out the most. (But they stood out LESS than in planetside 2 because there was very very little yellow on the uniforms.
  4. Ryme_Intrinseca

The point is mostly that the default vs camo has low visibility. Also the difference is not so great on infils as the tr and nc ones are darker than other classes and not as blocky. Compare default nc and vs LAs or HAs, for instance.
  5. DocteurVK

This thread reminds me my first times in PS2, when VS had Neon-colored teal and purple armors...
    If I remember correctly, it was changed in 2016 because VS were really too easy to spot at night times.

Ah... Memories...
  6. Riksos

See? Apples to apples the truth comes out.
  7. Ryo313

VS are harder do see in the dark especially on Ultra settings.

turn up your brightness that may help.
  8. Bumbil

This thread again....

I just copy my last post to this topic 1 and a half year earlier...

Vanu bright grey lives matter!
  9. Saturax

BTW... why VS dont have default helmet with big light on head, in this 3 last pictures ? :D ( with same logic NC+TR use... i will just make pictures of NC+TR in black camo and leave VS in default :p )
  10. Klondor

Only at night, and when they're wearing proper camo. Other than that, i find the fact that the VS max looks like a heavy assault at range is BS. It's too skinny. Actually makes them harder to hit with rockets.
  11. Turekson

I have the same problem and mistake them for heavies at longer ranges, though I think the hitboxes are the same for all MAXes.
  12. jmdafk

yeh, the VS max is a joke, im always taking them on thinking they are a heavy
    The purple is defo harder to see, at night it makes a huge difference (I wont fight VS outside at night) and even in the light i think the coloring is harder to track in more situations than NC and TR.
    Blue and red can be tracked pretty easy against almost all backgrounds. (Blue easier than red tho!)
    IMO VS do have a noticeable edge, with TR red being negligibly better than NC blue
  13. FIN Faravid

I dunno if TR red is better than NC blue. Humans have evolved to see TR red as a threat, becouse our Republic is so glorious! and for some other reason. Humans can spot red pretty easily compared to many other colors, which is why it is used for fire trucks for example, and other emergency stuff. That is why there is so much less on TR uniforms than blue on NC uniforms. But combination of grey and red is better than blue and yellow, i admit that. VS does get best uniforms, mostly grey with some purple and teal.
  14. Ryme_Intrinseca

15. Riksos

I just realized something funny:

Maybe it's people's eyes. Maybe it's not that Vanu is intrinsically darker, maybe it's that certain people have trouble discerning colors while others do not. How could a person know that someone else's eyes function slightly different? They would see that they have trouble, assume it's not them, and that the system is to blame.

For example Ryme above said the Purple is obviously darker- I do not think the purple is obviously darker. Maybe Ryme and others like him have a biological difference in how our eyes function, and maybe has more trouble discerning subtle differences in shape when colors are similar, or in low-light conditions.
    • Up x 1
  16. FateJH

Why are people in this thread posting images of the NC Infiltrator standing around all by himself?
  17. Riksos

Also, VS infiltrators have bright *** lights on their head that give them away in the dark.
  18. CptFirelord

I personally find it much harder to see VS at night. However I understand that this is generally due to a difference in graphics settings / environments between players.

I run everything on Ultra (except vsync lmao) and it can be quite a challenge to pinpoint a VS next to a dark background at anything past 35m. NC and TR stick out like quite sore thumbs comparatively. It is a bit ridiculous that you have to do bounty directives in order to earn a camo to compare to the basic VS camo, but in reality it doesn't make much of a difference.
  19. FIN Faravid

I agree. I have huge problems distinguishing NC blue and VS purple in game icons and markers, so i changed VS to teal and NC to yellow. If you ask me, TR red, VS teal and NC yellow should be default colors - but i don´t know much about how humans see colors. I have no problem distinguishing NC blue and VS purple outside the game, but when it all happens quickly i can`t really spot VS from NC.
  20. Ryme_Intrinseca

What difference in colouration, if any, do you see between the main part of the vs and tr uniform in the second and third set of pictures? To me they both look grey, but vs a much darker shade. As you seem to be saying that vs is no darker I guess you're saying you can't distinguish between the colours of the main part of the uniform at all?