Teamkilling D'bags

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Luke_Nadewalker, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Luke_Nadewalker

2. Steza

Doesn't Team killing just lock your weapons after a while making you useless for x amount of minutes?
  3. Daigons

The PS2 experience is such a joy. While attacking a TR base, one of the defenders got so salty that they logged in with their alt, deployed to the base assault with our Sundys and than proceeded to C4 the tanks. When will DB address this issue?
  4. Stigma

The whole weaponlock system needs a big rewamp.

For one, weapon-locking should look at your ratio of teamkills to enemy kills (and support XP). Not just a flat value over time. Essentially making it harder to get accidentally weaponlocked for getting a few teamkills in a frantic firefight, but also disabling pure teamkillers much quicker - and rendering them useless until they start playing normally. If you have to "farm" positive credit in order to TK grief then griefing will diminish by a lot. Pure timers are easily avoided by multiple characters/acounts. This guy used at least one other additional character for his TK spree.

How much of a sad-sack do you have to be in order to spend your time like this.

-Stigma
    • Up x 1
  5. Luke_Nadewalker

oh yes, that old gem. definitely experienced that , but thats not what that guy i mentioned was doing. for over an hour he was shooting us with sundy, ramming sundy into our sundy repetedly, trying to run us off the road / run over infantry, and not once try to kill enemy, oh yes and shooting us in the back of the head at close quarters. such fun im sure (not)

in the end all i could do was C4 his face, and redeploy to a different continent
  6. Eternaloptimist

It seems to be the new fad to pull a sundy to TK people. I've seen it three timesin the last week - twice on TR and once on NC. Is there something to protect from weapon lock e.g. kills with a vehicle wepon not counting? Or roadkills not counting?
  7. JKomm

Could be the fact that decent players are hesitant to destroy their own spawn point, I've had to start locking my Sunderer to Squad/Platoon Only because I simply do not trust random players now, and I hate doing that because there are times where I need to enter a Sunderer that is locked to take out a critical enemy with it's weapons but cannot, usually resulting in a loss of the entire assault.

There is just no easy way to prevent this without overhauling the entire system.
  8. user101

we need the 15 rule once switched its 15 mins for a go back to the other side...! Or the alert rule on NO switching sides when the alert happens. Or you could make it that they can't go to the same sector they came from once switched.
  9. JKomm

Or click on my signature link for 'A REAL Solution To Friendly Fire', it's actually got great reviews as one of the most ingenious ways to solve the problem, and I feel it can benefit the game extraordinarily.
  10. TombsClawtooth

Should do like planetside 1. If you want to switch factions, keep the character on a different server.
    Otherwise, deal with a 12 hour timer. There's no reason why you should need to play both sides of a fight.
  11. Taemien

Why not make it a 100 year timer? Or a billion? Either way it wouldn't make a difference. TKers, especially hibatual ones don't even use their main accounts. Some of the sketchier ones use another box and don't even log out of their main.

Its a F2P game. That means TKers have an unlimited amount of accounts to throw away.
  12. Ruka

in MMO's there was always a rule were u could only make a char of 1 faction in 1 just server...ofc when u have the ****iest offer of making 3 faction chars on same server the result is PURE ****! deal with it...shame on you SOE and DBG