Autospawn sucks

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FriendlyPS4, Jul 1, 2016.

1. FriendlyPS4

So I am fighting alongside my squad leader versus another VS squad pretty even fight. Defending an NC base. So far so good at keeping them away A. Then I did. And hit respawn to quickly return to the fight to support my leader. Nope. PS2 in all it's wisdom spawns me to another fight. a bigger fight. Because PS2 knows best..

Forumside yoda says, you know you can manually respawn. Yes. Yes I know. Thank you oh wise one.
  2. Sil4ntChaozz

If you know this and unless all of sundys and beacons were collectively eradicated, then..... why?
  3. Diggsano

Have you tried turning the game off and never on again?
    • Up x 4
  4. FriendlyPS4

For ten years. Brother. For ten years.
  5. FriendlyPS4

I don't what happened. Squad v Squad my kind of fun. Not one of those sweaty palm F-fests when Im more likely to die by NC than enemy. So I was like why take this fight away from me. Sad panda.
  6. Azawarau

Giving us the obvious answer wed give you doesnt make you look any smarter

It makes it seem like you got mad and rage posted on the forums

Cheers
    • Up x 1
  7. FriendlyPS4

Rage posting is my MO. Im usually not looking for answers.
  8. Uberdinger

I have the same Problem... i am very upset sometimes when i spawn somewhere in the middle of nowhere the game wants me to.

would be nice if the game stops thinking and let the player decide where to, or just let me toggle it on/off to do it "intelligent".
  9. FateJH

That's why you should never use the quick respawn option (what the OP calls "auto-respawn").
  10. Ryme_Intrinseca

I never have a problem with quick spawn... because there is no reason to ever use it. So OP does have a point. Surely a 'nearest spawn' or 'last spawn' button would be better than the current 'quick but random spawn'.
  11. user101

Come on give the DEV's some credit at least the game spawns... maybe not in the right spot but it puts you in some kind of battle. It use to spawn you on the wrong maps and in VR. Now most of the time it spawns you at your bus most of the time.

Just think what is going to happen with orbital strike.... wam your at the wrong base... in no mans land and it going to take you 2 hops or more to get to the right place.....!
  12. Riksos

1.) Die at The Crown in a 96+ vs 96+
    2.) Auto-spawn reads "Sunderer, 50m"
    3.) Respawn at Zurvan in a 0 Enemy vs 2 Allies 2000 meters away

This is basically how auto-spawn works.
  13. DoucheSlayer

I pushed Auto Spawn on a sunderer 74m away and spawned roughly 6000m away, the other side of Hossin.
    All you guys responding to this thread with stupid answers are idiots. There is a reoccuring problem, there should be something done about it; ignoring it is not a solution to a problem.
    Get educated before you try to be dumb to the good side of the community.
  14. FateJH

We're not saying that nothing should be done about it. We're complaining about people who already knew that it's an unreliable crapshoot and yet still subject themselves to it and then have the need to complain about a bad outcome they knew was going to happen sooner or later. It's like scratching a scab, making it worse, letting it heal (forgetting about it?), then scratching at it and breaking it again.
  15. Reemerge

How everyone reacts to auto-redeploy.

*accidentally hits auto-spawn out of battle frustration*

F*** no! ahh sh**.

*respawns on the other side of the continent*

Yeah, no thanks. Going back to my fight, ********.

*hits the U key*
  16. FateJH

Also, I apologize because that last post contained a poor analogy.
  17. Old Rasputin

I think we can all agree that the autospawn feature needs a little more tweeking to be reliable. As it stand right now, the only thing lost is time getting back to the fight you were in when it craps out.