Is this common in the NC community?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mirta00, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Mirta00

Hi community,

I realise its unfortunate that this is my first message here. I'm also sure this is somewhat of a non-issue to regular fps players such as you (of which i'm not) but I was curious as to why, since starting playing the game a short time ago, that this attitude [outlined below] is so prevalent in the NC (Cobalt).

This evening I was participating in a fairly frantic tower battle. Looking down over the central staircase, im firing down at the ducking and diving enemy as so often happens (which is this case was VS).

In the chaos of gunfire, a player in my faction 'AtomicLollipop' runs in front of my line of fire, promptly dying.

This was clearly unintentional but he then continues to go on a teamkilling spree, killing me over and over repeatedly, in what seems to be something of a childish revenge.

I apologised immediately, as pictured. He later told me I didn't and added the latter.

I've yet to experience anything like this on my TR and VS, of which I've played somewhat longer on both. Is this simply what I can expect going forward?

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Campagne

In my experience as an NC on Miller, this sort of stuff does happen from time to time, but it isn't super common.

I can't really say what it's like on other factions or servers, but sometimes players come across from another faction to team-kill me, so I'd say it's probably about even.

If anyone intentionally TKs you repeatedly, like in your example, you can always report them for harassment.
    • Up x 1
  3. Taemien

Happens on all three factions.

VS has it the most statistically.
    • Up x 1
  4. Mirta00

Maybe ive just yet to find bad eggs on VS/TR then.

So far every TR seems russian and every VS is a TRID!, not had any bad experience with them. Russians even gave me a upgraded tank they spawned to drive about in, which was nice i think because I didnt have one to join armor group at the start.

I seem to find the most nasty players on NC, quite alot so i guess i just ask because im a bit mad lol. One person ran me over for example (in a fairly open field) then he reversed, revived me (I revived) the he shot me dead again and drove off. Have yet to experience that behaviour in other factions so far.

I did report for harrassment as you suggested but I guess such things do nothing :(

Thankyou for replies :)
  5. FateJH

I would recommend /t AtomicLollipop Sorry
    • Up x 1
  6. Mirta00

Well I still find it hard to use text box fast in this game (so I use V:Sorry fast as I can) but I moved from hall way, where the vanu were, to place behind the shield so I could type it - but he immediately had respawned to come and TK me, which changed my view to the death screen.

I now see you can type while dead via menues but I just learned that. Every time I respawned to type he just spawn killed me cancelling my typing.
  7. Steza

I hate when people do that, if you kill someone that walks into your bullets then that sucks for them. They should be looking where they step. When they kill you over and over again it can be frustrating but just spawn at another fight or a base behind and pull a vehicle. No point in feeding them and after a few mins they will completely forget about you.

Also remember to keep aware of what's going on around you the amount of people I see get killed from a HA shooting a rocket or a engie on a mana turret are kind of insane.
    • Up x 1
  8. Mirta00

I drive tanks mostly but when I dont mainly im using AC-X11, Reaper DMR or SAW.

I like this high aim, hit hard weapon best. So I try to be careful :(

When this person run infront of me, I was shooting down at doorway to a Vanu HA with launcher about to fire at me, and he crossed my line of fire to go to spawn room. So he ran right into AC-X at point blank. I cant see how anyone could think it was on purpose, i was firing long before he ran in front of me.
  9. Aege

Very frustrating. I get run over, shot in the back, rocketed in the side of the head, and most the time I let it roll off. The only time it bothers me is if it's repetitive.

I had a similar situation where a cloaker moved into position in front of my Mag, and ate a VPC round in the back of the head (he thought I ran him over, but his head was too big and I couldn't shoot around it). He then blew up my Mag with C4, which resulted in losing the battle because I was the only thing keeping the enemy from being able to assault from the upper decks of Crossroads, not his puny little sniper rifle. They then flooded out onto the upper deck and were able to gain position on us.

Also, this person's K/D was pretty low, so I can see how he'd be frustrated with another death, even if it was his own fault.

Luckily it's pretty rare, and those people need to focus their anger on the enemy.
    • Up x 1
  10. Mirta00

I do think people take dying too seriously, it going to happen all the time in unexpected and unfair ways.

Sometimes for example I dont understand how I die, so im like 'argh' and I respawn, i step one foot out of fresh spawn room and instant death again by airhammer, pod, or banshee.

If I get as mad as them for just one/two annoying deaths, I think I would be bald now from tear all of my hair out lol!
  11. EvilWarLord

After the 3rd time i would've reported him
    • Up x 1
  12. Eternaloptimist

/report
    press button for 'last killer'
    choose 'harassment'
    Add text
    press 'submit'

I'm not saying it is necessarily effective as Devs won't reply to reports, but it is the right thing to do.

Other thing to do, after TKing someone even accidentally is V8 'sorry' though I see you did that in this case.

There are some emotionally ******** people in the game though. Once I accidentally TKed someone because he ran in front of me. I rezzed him then apologised directly (aim at friendly, press Q, select 'send message'). Then he killed me, replied with a load of abuse and logged off.
    • Up x 1
  13. Hegeteus

Who even cares about TKs in NC at this point. If I started going after NCs who TK me I wouldn't have time for anything else
  14. FieldMarshall

V-6 can get buried in sounds and chatspam. In his mind you didnt apologize.

What i do immediately after a TK is drop everything im doing (even if it gets me killed), click their name and send them a /tell saying "sorry".
    Its the best way to prevent these situations. You dont have to mean it and you will get revenge TKd a lot less.

In general, assume that everyone you TK is petty, entitled and about to go full rageface.
    And that even if its obvious that they ran in front of you, that they genuinely think they didnt do anything wrong.
    I know its ridiculous but thats how some players are.
    • Up x 2
  15. Mirta00

Well the only reason I couldn't type an actual apology is because we were out in the corridor still being shot at by vanu and I figured if I died I couldn't type (wrong). Like I said I moved to shielded area to try (because he literally died on the first stair case, down leaving the central spawn) but he had already rushed down to TK me. Which he then did over and over again soon as I spawned. I did inform him id apologised, which presumably (as I did to take the screenshots as proof) he could have scrolled back too and checked himself. Instead he just said I hadn't a few times.

Obviously that's a bit of effort on his/her part (gasp) but considering he was the one assuming I hadn't it wouldn't have been that hard to verify it before starting to go off gunhappy. From the way he started getting angry at me saying I hadnt apologised i think more he just wanted an excuse to be petty. So FieldMarshall I do agree with you about it.

I appreciate advices very much and here is much more friendly NC players :) I wish cobalt was like this :(

It happen so often (I see them teamkilling each other intentionally in fights alot) I think I just play TR/VS for main. I did team kill some people there when I was very new by mistake and always apologise, especially to high BR. So far none of them kill me and always on my slow typing, they message me sometimes like 'wtf?' but when I say sorry its ok.

With this guy I just cant do it fast enough and then hes killing me non stop and i felt like in the situation it was pretty obvious I wasn't aiming at him, since the gun hits very hard - he would have died much earlier if I point right at him from the start.

Thank you everybody!
  16. Azawarau

I find enemies who come to my side to kill me more than allies

TBH

On my server VS is the were better than you but wont say it faction

TR is the were better than you and well prove it with this ZERG

NC is were just as good as everyone else even though were not

But NC is most fun so
  17. ZDarkShadowsZ

Whenever I first started playing this game I know I certainly got crapped on by higher rank players, almost always BR100's. Sometimes one would run through my line of fire and they'd think I was shooting at them, so they'd shoot at me back. Sometimes I'd accidentally kill them and so they'd kill me, revive me, kill me and then I knew that if they revived me again they'd kill me as if it were a method of 'teaching me a lesson' which was always such a stupid and petty attitude to have. Sometimes I'd even have BR 100's kill me 'because they felt like it'.

When I reached BR 100 I felt really great about it, but also felt like people will view me as this complete a-hole because it's guys like the one who TK'd you that ruins it for the rest of us. Maybe he was just having a bad day, maybe he got angry because you ruined his clearly padded 10.48 score as kaydur toootally matters. Who knows. But it sure does make me feel ashamed to feel like I'm going to be associated with those kinds of people.

Whenever I've TK'd people sometimes I'll V-8 and for the most part due to my higher BR I've never had an issue with people revenge TK'ing me, but I certainly did when I was much lower. These days I try and go out of my way to physically send that friendly a tell because in the long run, as you've found out for yourself, not everyone accepts a V-8 because they either didn't see it or because they're just generally an idiot and can't take sorry for sorry. In future, if you can, try and find yourself a safe place to quickly type an apology. It doesn't have to be some amazing explanation. It's just a matter of principle that you were sorry for the TK and most people will then accept it and move on.

All in all, I assure you that not all NC are as unfriendly as that guy. There will always be that one guy who will ruin your game and your day but try not to let it get to you. Out of all the people on Cobalt, after a while of playing you'll find they really are just a minority and that a lot of the players there are much nicer. :)
  18. JobiWan

Last night I ran in front of a friendly engi just as he fired his AV turret. My first thought was 'should I go behind him?' but I decided that the odds were in my favour. Of course he fired at the exact moment I ran past and I died. He immediately PM'd me saying 'OMG so sorry!' and I replied 'NP - my own silly fault' - which it was.

I knew the best option was to go behind him but I took the risk. I would imagine most TKs are 50/50 or mostly the fault of the person being killed for being impatient.
  19. customer548

Some people are "old" PS2 players. When you find yourself with several hundreds of deathes due to TK...well, I can understand that you may be upset with "common" "accidental" TK. (I'm don't know anything about this guy btw, i'm not talking about him).
    I did dumb maths one day. My own NC char had something like 8 to 10% more deathes dues to Tk (i don't exactly remember the number) , compared to my Vs and TR chars.
    But Tking a guy 3 times, because he tked you once and apologized for it...is uncommon on Cobalt and is an inappropriate behaviour.
    Forget about it, and keep having fun on Cobalt.
  20. Taemien

This is another reason I run in groups. If someone gets whiney about an accident and TKs me a few times. I'll announce him as a TKer in platoon and watch 48 people take turns ganking them.

Takes a while to get weapon locked when you do that. In fact you can probably keep someone respawning for an hour without anyone getting weaponlocked. But if they retaliate, then they get locked fast. Its a little savage. But some people just don't react well to logic and need a bit of corporal punishment.

I've yet to see it escalate that far.. usually after about 3-4 people gank them, they move on to another area or logout. I guess people like that don't like their KDR getting messed with that badly.