Again...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Miss Atley <3, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Miss Atley <3

Spent about 2 hours building/farming and perfecting our base and getting ready to fight a battle and three buttholes ******* ***** ***** log on NC alts like level 3-10 saying vulgar stuff and trolling in prox chat and then blowing up our sundy's and teamkilling us again before the TR comes and wipes our base out.

REALLY GETTING FDUASDLKJF ;LDSAKJFLKSDJFKLSDJTFRDLSK TIRED OF THISSSSSSSS. I JUST LOST LIKE 3 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY TO SOME ***** CHILDREN WITH NO JOBS RUINING MY FREE TIME.
  2. AggieSpirit

I was more than happy to order my Platoon to take your base out earlier. How unfortunate to heard about your smurf friends not exactly lending you a helping hand.
  3. LovesLost13

Your last post of this type of thing people had good ideas..sadly having good ideas on how to correct teamkilling and such are wasted on the forum. no matter how good. The devs will ignore as always. No matter what faction i always feel bad for the faction at deals with it. At that time at the base.
  4. ZDarkShadowsZ

Fortunately I haven't spent so long building a base myself but I have seen that sort of thing happen and the sad thing is, it was by a TK'er who's been on the server longer than even I have. This guy has been around TK'ing TR for as long as I can remember and as you can see, he's still there. Every time I see him I know what will happen. He's going to C4 our Sunderers, C4 our tanks, shoot our teammates. No matter what, he's still here and no doubt after numerous reports.
  5. YoungPedro

The unfortunate truth is that said thread did nothing but giving those trolls/kids some form of attention and probably made things worse.
    Even sadder is the fact that probably none of the devs ever saw the thread since they just hang out on reddit.
  6. JONNY1992UK

Although my experience hasn't been as bad, Last night I did get TK'd by some idiot that knifed me as soon as I spawned and then some other idiot killed me using a Turret that I was repairing for him. There should be an IQ test before you are allowed to play this game.
  7. guerrillaman

And this is the reason I sit in vehicles most of the time now.
  8. EPIC389

I did get tk'd by a medic but it was once and he was BR1 so i let it go. Honestly, i dont find tking that much of a problem for me. More certs for my rez tool anyway
  9. Wargrim

There is quite a difference between the usual stupidity teamkills (Roadkills, shot in the back, bad nades etc.) and switching teams to deliberately blow up critical assets. The only reason the second type of TKing doesnt happen more often to base builders is that 99% of the players ignore the HIVE game anyways, unless their Zerg happens to hit one in its way. But as it is the easyest way to destroy a destructable asset that is actually defended, and also goes pretty much unpunished in this game, it is an open invitation to Trolls to use it. Teamkilling an active spawn should always have a much harsher penalty than the usual teamkilling. Minimum would be instant 10 minutes weapons lock. However, even that would not stop a small team of deliberate teamswitching TKers. The only real solution would be consequent banning of offenders by SOE game managers. Which will never happen.
  10. Eternaloptimist

...or just out of childish pique. A few times (most recently this weekend) I've blown away a high BR or a couple of guys in a harasser and seconds later some BR 4 or 5 spawns, kills me and logs off. Coincidence? o_O I don't think so.
  11. Scr1nRusher

C4 needs to be nerfed.

It's even breaking the 4th factioning.
  12. wolf113

The most I hate is intentional teamkilling. People crossing the line of fire you kill him he kills you on purpose. Run over by a tank on you throw C4. I have 184 teamkillis unintentional, and I have killed 511 times. Of these 184 murders a man I shot 10 times, defending my sunderer. The fight was against VS and probably tried to stop taking the base.

I do not understand such people. And what the point of such games
  13. CaptCran

One SS# :), One Character, One faction, and One world. That's it. You *** up by cheating, team killing "too" much, and/or hacking : your SS# is put in the ban section for life. End of story. bu bye!
  14. The Rogue Wolf

Even leaving aside how stupid it is to restrict people to one-third of the game... you think I'm going to trust a gaming company with my social security number?
  15. JKomm

Chances are the team killers would use Tank Mines, they are cheaper to cert and you can buy 3 of them easy enough for even more damage. Tank Mines should not receive friendly fire damage, this means they can only detonate if a moving enemy vehicle drives over them, or if an enemy MAX walks over them. This would stop the abuse of players tossing them down quicker than C4 to destroy things with ease as well, Tank Mines have their role, C4 has it's... Tank Mines should not be better than C4 against stationary targets.
  16. Miss Atley <3

I have NO PROBLEM with losing my base we all worked hard for hours to create in seconds to a well timed attack and planned assault, I would commend you on that and blame myself for the failure. My problem is when people log on level 10 alts put C4 on the sundy and blow it up then team-kill the people and mines protecting the front AND THEN we lose the base... THAT'S when I have a problem... it's really frustrating to put that much effort in to something to have something that you couldn't control completely ruin it all

My thoughts are have a gradient weapon lock system or maybe have it so C4/tank mines etc. doesn't unlock until you're like BR20 ~ or maybe put a 30 minute lock out on your other characters when you log on one faction.
    • Up x 2
  17. Purpoleon Dynamite

Sorry to hear you not only had your base ripped out from under you, but also probably missed out on a great fight! After a couple hours of base building it should have been a good one. Your suggestion above has been floated by myself and many others. On the other side of the coin it has been opposed by just as many. I support the idea right down to the exact time you mentioned.

Some of those opposed are very knowledgeable and have explained in great detail how this sort of idea can be gotten around if one wanted to do so. People who are "undesirable" are going to be a problem. They will go out of their way to be a PITA. I wish DGC would think about this statement: "Locks only keep honest people honest." It is the rage induced faction flippers that we are trying to prevent. Not "accidental" TKs, not full blown trout sniffers intentionally looking to cause grief.

It is ironic that even though there is a thread, or two, or three almost weekly that hits these forums about this very topic and yet I know of nothing being done by DGC to even recognize it as a problem. And before it is mentioned, I have seen no comment from them on Reddit regarding this matter either. While I would love to hear about DGC doing something about the problem, we first need to hear that they at least recognize there is a problem.
  18. Newlife1025

But I like my c4... don't punish me for the stupidity and evil of others. Nerfing c4 would be like taking the pixie dust from us c4 fairies. I like sneaking up on magriders and prospers only to detonate(or kamikaze) in sweet glory.
  19. Newlife1025

Let's kill the 4th faction... and troll team killers even more than they've trolled us.
  20. CaptCran

that's why there's a ":)" after it hook, line, and sinker!!!!!