[Vehicle] BattleAnts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JohnGalt36, Aug 12, 2016.

1. JohnGalt36

Enjoy our outfit shenanigans.
    • Up x 2
  2. Gundem

Am I the only one who finds it just slightly ironic that as a prominent anti-battelbus forumgoer, you post this?
  3. JohnGalt36

I'm anti-battlebus? I mean, I do think they should be toned down, but it's not that important to me. It's like #100 on the list of things I would change about this game. I don't even recall posting anything about battlebuses, but I may have agreed with someone about it at some point. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  4. LodeTria

Battle-ANTs are pretty fun to use, although u should bring an ammo sundie as well so you can hive hunting.
    I wish the aurax didn't need harvesting but I can see why it does.
    • Up x 1
  5. Archiadus

Whenever I and crew run low on ammo while hunting deep in enemy territory we just plop down a beacon and redeploy as an infil to hack a terminal to spawn one, that way we don't have to worry about the sunderer keeping up with us / attracting unwanted attention from the sky.
    • Up x 1
  6. Purpoleon Dynamite

Love me some Army ANTs! Fun video, great work. The potential of these little rigs is incredible.
    • Up x 1
  7. EPIC389

While I do find it hilarious watching one ant chase down a vanguard. I don't think its very fun for the vanguard
  8. Crayv

An ANT isn't much of much of a threat to any MBT unless it is using the shield. At which point having to gather enough Cortium to build a small outpost to kill one MBT is rather balanced. It has a lot of down time between kills.
  9. guerrillaman

C4 and Ant. Prowlers hate me.
    • Up x 1
  10. JohnGalt36

"See his one easy trick to kill MBT's. Tankers HATE him"
  11. Okaydan

Why make a video with music unavailable in half the world? That's like literally halving your potential audience (if not more).

Edit: Also, why should I move to a better country (currently 3rd best in the world) if country no1 and no2 will have the same problem? You're actually saying move to a worse country to enjoy my video...
  12. misterthatguy

I am going to get hated for this... but...

NERF THE SHIELD ANT!

Its shield is RIDICULOUSLY long if it is full. It can roll into a normal base and mow down infantry forever before it can be taken down. Something that cost 200 resources shouldnt be able to run down multiple tanks just because it mines cortium. Its crazy OP.

Then there is the frustrating element of not having cortium for bases because some people are using invincible ants offensively. Argh!

The shield should be defensive, for getting an Ant away from an enemy. When it is in use, the turret should be disabled.
  13. JohnGalt36

Dude. You are taking this way too seriously.

Also, using a proxy isn't that hard.
  14. JohnGalt36

I agree, but it's hilarious in the meantime. Though, it's one of those things that is difficult to scale. It's hard to make it not OP if you want it to remain useful at all when you have one ANT by itself.
  15. Crayv

200 resources and 10k Cortium (and that Cortium is per a run). Considering what you can build with that amount of Cortium and the time it takes to acquire it, it is rather large cost.
  16. hello1

One possible way to balance shield would be to not allow any to fire weapons with shield up. In exchange might make shield use less cortium the shield then would be used for getting away safely and mineing in dangerous situations while making it difficult to use in battles.
  17. misterthatguy

Bingo to what was said just above. Disable the turrets when the shield is on, making it able to escape to friendly areas but unable to be an invulnerable tanking unit.

As a base builder, the idea that there is a cortium shortage preventing me from building my base, because people are mining it for their 200 resource battle ants, is enraging. Cortium should be for building bases, not for offensive ants.
  18. LodeTria

Well as an occasional battle-anter, seeing people waste cortium to build <20% efficiency bases is also enraging. Guess we'll just have to see who gets to the cortium first.
    • Up x 1
  19. guerrillaman

A lot don't know this, but 7 active hives among one faction is 3vp. Your cortium run to kill a magrider probably doesn't translate to anything like that.... just sayin
  20. Facts

tough crap. you don't like my battleant? then come kill me.