I'm sick of this ruining our enjoyment..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Miss Atley <3, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Miss Atley <3

What are you guys going to do about the little CoD kiddie entitled brats that log on other faction alts to team-kill us/other people when things don't go their way? I had an entire base tonight we spent 3-4 hours building and defending gone because some TR scumbag got mad I killed their Prowler, so they logged on an NC alt and team killed me repeatedly, and if I team-kill them back then they like that too because it does nothing but ruin my stats and weapon lock me, so I have to sit there and watch as they C4 our sunderer and team-kill me over and over and ruin the whole base so we can't spawn anymore, which lost everything we worked our ***** off over and totally killed all our fun we were having. Nothing pisses me off more than that.. I would rather have that fixed/looked at before any new items are put in to be honest.. UGHHH
    • Up x 4
  2. guerrillaman

Agreed. They need to lock access to other factions for some amount of time or something... 30 minutes or so.

They also need to lock the use of nanites immediately if you start TK.

It's really stupid.
    • Up x 3
  3. customer548

Don't Tk back. Let them you Tk again and again, then report. Effectiveness.
    • Up x 1
  4. JKomm

Teamkilling needs to be fixed, especially when it's this excessive. I've said many times now, best way to stop team killers is to add more annoying effects... first a weapon lock, then a weapon lock and concussive effect, then if they persist they get their personal shield taken away for 10 minutes and are marked by their faction as "Rogue" in which case killing them awards zero grief points(Meaning you wont be penalized for team killing them.

As well there needs to be a less instant way to change factions, say a 10 minute cool down between each so if you leave one faction you can't immediately join another, but you could just hop right back onto the one you just left.
  5. Ziggurat8

Tell them you're running video capture and you're going to upload it to YouTube and report them via email with a link to the video. I actually got some guy to stop because I said that.(and planned on doing just that) and told him that he was most likely going to lose his account if he continued.

He actually stopped. It felt like hitting a home run....though I would have just as soon gotten him banned.
  6. Ziggurat8

Please stop promoting this idea. As a member I log in on each character back to back once a day to collect my passive certs. Sometimes I don't play, I just log in, logout on all of them. Takes about 3 minutes for all my toons. What you're proposing would basically make it impossible to do this. 48 certs per toon per day is one of the reasons I keep my sub.

Don't take that away just cause some idiot faction hops to grief.

There are other ways. I suggested possibly trippling grief for 15 minutes after logging in, so causing friendly fire would make you weapon lock much much sooner.
    • Up x 3
  7. Septus

Those affects sound good but they should be account wide not by character so they get punished on their mains too.
  8. FigM

Team kill penalty such as weapons lock shouldn't be based on simple timer. There needs to be more advanced pattern tracking. There has to be a way to distinguish between random accidents and intentional sabotage. And for that we need to be aware of team killer's past activities

Something like dropping C4 in crowded spawn room or sunderer is severe, but maybe can happen by accident. However, if there is a history of similar behavior within last month, then it's almost certain that the person is doing it on purpose and punishment has to be a lot more permanent (maybe several day account ban)
  9. Gutseen

get vep. lock all the time in +96 fights.

autists with ~2 kd just keep pop'n in front of me, and cuz i cant let them steal my frags, i dont lay off the trigger.
  10. Liewec123

its incredibly hard to do anything in F2P game,
    even if you make the detection system perfect to instantly perma-ban a troll when they deliberately kill an ally they can just make a new account.
    they could start IP banning to make it more difficult, but even that has work arounds.

we, the players aren't helpless though. one troll vs 20+ of us,
    kill them and keep them dead, the weapon lock system is extremely lax, you can kill someone a good 3 times before getting locked, split that between 20 players and you can kill the troll more than enough times before it decides to crawl back under its bridge.

NOTE: not everyone is an intentional TKer, if you get killed by an ally don't instantly start trying to kill them, accidents happen, wait to see if it happens again, or if they whisper an apology etc.
    (unless you're repeatedly walking in their line of fire, then you're the idiot :p)
  11. EPIC389

World of tanks has a system where if you do enough damage to friendly players, you become blue. This means anyone can kill you without punishment. This is permanent once you reach a certain level. If the next game you go into, you do even the slightest friendly damage, you will turn blue. This system, if implemented into planetside should really help with tks
    • Up x 9
  12. Taemien

You all want a F2P game. You want to be TK'd. You don't get one without the other. All your little ideas on how to stop it are ineffectual.

1. Faction Lockout - Countered by Multiboxing
    2. TK-Flag - Countered by making new character
    3. Auto-ban - Countered by new accounts
    4. IP Ban - Countered by spoofing
    5. MAC Ban - Countered by spoofing
    6. Computer ID Ban - Countered by spoofing

There's only ONE counter that works, make accounts worth something. Meaning it takes money to be invested just to play on the game. Unfortunately pandora's box has been opened with PS2 starting as a F2P game. Its too late to go back now.

But what they can do is make a new server and require membership to play there. That server would not likely to have TKing. It could.. someone could go YOLO on there and get stupid. But a ban would cost him another account and another monthly fee at the least to come back. Making such venture a bit pricey. And for the persistent rich kids with mommy and daddy's card.. a Credit Card ban is very effective.

But until you all buck up and request this server. You will have to deal with TK's. But that's your choice. So you can b-tch and whine about TK's. Or offer to pay up and maybe convince Daybreak you want a better quality server. Choice is yours. You can lay down and take it, or not.

These little derpy threads with ineffectual suggestions don't do anything but take space. Take some real action instead.
    • Up x 2
  13. Eternaloptimist

I have to disagree (as I always do when this suggestion regualrly comes up). I pay membership for six characters. I have twio in each factions and restricitng my access to switching between them would be denying me reasonable access to a functionality I pay for.

But I do agree with harsher and quicker penalties for team killing, especially in spawn rooms and with knives.
  14. guerrillaman

Then faction swapping is a perk of membership, otherwise, your *** can wait.
  15. Daigons

That wouldn't be a good case for spoofing. Most likely they would use a VPN service that will allow them to appear to be originating from just about anywhere in the world on demand.

This doesn't even make sense. MAC addresses work at the Layer-2 of your local network and are stored in your local switches, routers or WAP. Yes you can indeed ban by MAC but that would depend upon if your local network devices support that. But than again, that's only for your local network.
  16. CNR4806

Making a pay-only server will eliminate TK forever, but not in the way you envisioned.

After all, you can't teamkill when there's no teammate around for you to shoot at.

In any case, you've refuted those TK counters... in scenarios where they are the lone implemented counter. They're a different story when you're not so narrow-minded and combine them - implement an account-wide TK flagging system, a same-server faction-switch time lock, and an account-switch IP-and-time lock together, and intentional teamkilling would be stopped dead in the track because it would become too much chore to bother, with the added benefit of making "buying character slots" mean something to otherwise pure-F2P players.
  17. FateJH

He's convinced he'll have population and it's not a question of whether he'll have population. The real quesiton is whether it will succeed Briggs levels.
  18. Eternaloptimist

Not quite sure what your point is but essentially, if you pay for something you expect to be able to use it. I've nothing against F2P players being able to do the same.

The main point here though, is not to punish fair players in order to prevent a minority of abusers.
  19. Kaomie

At least in the upcoming patch we get the Spawn Tube which will be much more difficult to kill than a Sundee, so it should solve part of the problem in constructed bases. For the rest they will get weapon-locked quick enough.

Kao
    • Up x 1
  20. Dieter Perras

get some people together to repeatedly kill him till he gives up and leaves