[BUG] Sick and Tired of the Point and Click Republic

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpeedFreakPS1, Aug 2, 2016.

1. SpeedFreakPS1

I have played stalker most of the time since I played PS2 mostly because I was forced into by the PaCR gatekeeper spam killing everything that ran, drove or flyed when I started. This was when the PaCR had 2-3x VS pop almost always until DBG forced people to play other factions with the queues instead of fixing the problem being the PaCR itself
  2. SpeedFreakPS1

3. JKomm

If your response to an "OP" weapon is to go play Stalker and hide forever, then I cannot take you seriously as a player. Instead how about you learn the weapon and figure out a way to counter it? I've done so, many others have too. You seem to be the only one that still has an issue with the Gatekeeper. The Gatekeeper is powerful and needs tweaks, but it's not this doomsday weapon you're making it out to be. I've both used it and fought against it, in both scenarios I could win or lose... when I win it's because I used skill and strategy, when I lose it's because my opponent used skill and strategy. The weapon itself had no ultimate impact on the battle, assuming both are long ranged AV, they just used it where it mattered most.

Also if you want to have any sort of civilized discussion I'd recommend not bashing on users who disagree with you as, "Just TR that want to keep OP weapons"... it's a cheap argument in this case and awards you no additional support in your claims.
  4. Newlife1025

So easy to use, even a noob can have a good time
  5. D4rk50ul

Since VS is obviously delirious if they think they aren't in fact the point and click masters here is some info for you.

Solstice = 5.28 seconds to dump it's entire 30 round mag and reload. That is 340.9 rounds per minute down range.

Trac-5 - 6.9 seconds to dump it's 40 round mag and reload. That is 347.8 rounds per minute down range.

Now let's take other factors into account. VS has no bullet drop and has a MUCH faster reload than TR. You don't need to compensate for range, it's easier to land your hits, and you have less downtime between magazines. If you cannot kill atleast one target with 30 rounds you are the problem not the gun. The TR player has a 3.7 second long reload, that is a very long time to hide without getting shot in a heated battle.

I could continue down the line of accuracy, bloom, etc but VS gets by far the easiest and most overpowered arsenal in the game. TR and NC both have to be careful with reloads and manage bullet drop even at medium ranges. If anything DBG should be looking at VS and asking themselves why they have literally no weaknesses in their arsenal.
  6. D4rk50ul

Math was wrong on the Solstice it's actually 4.86 seconds per full clip dump and reload, putting out 370.3 rounds per minute. Who exactly has the bullet hoses?
  7. SwornJupiter

The TR weapons that boast the 750+rpm fire rate suffer from atrocious horizontal recoil, which means that you will miss approximately 50% of your shots on a moving target. Couple that with low alpha damage from each bullet means that they need to have slightly higher fire rates to compensate. I mean... low damage and low fire rate doesn't sound fair, does it?
  8. Towie

So with all of this super-overpowered stuff you'd think that VS would be pretty dominant, especially with the population controls that were introduced specifically to reign in the TR overpop ?

Taking a look at the current alert history for the last 48 hours and filtering on prime time we see:

TR won 9 alerts
    NC won 8 alerts
    VS won 1 alert

Now I play all three factions and have fun with all, but take it from me - the VS do not have an easy time of it. Neither do I feel that any particular faction is ridiculously overpowered - but without doubt, the TR have an easy to use and effective arsenal.
  9. D4rk50ul

As stupid as it sounds, it's likely not the arsenals effectiveness rather it's likeness to real guns. Also, purple isn't the most popular favorite color compared to red. I know that sounds funny but when first starting the game those types of things are determining factors on which side you choose. Many of the more casual players probably just never try the other factions so you end up with Red and Blue being overpopulated.
  10. TheSunlikeOne

Before autumn 2015 there was no lack of VS population(-larity) as well as there was no TR overpop.
  11. FieldMarshall

3/10
    -Too obvious. Some people took you seriously so you get a few points.
  12. Ryme_Intrinseca

The real solution: learn2play
  13. Eternaloptimist

Umm, well, trying to make a considered and serious response here, rather then the "you're faction is cr*p - NO! yours is" kind of response.......(PS I only play infantry so I have little to say about tanks and nothing about air)
    • When I started playing I found VS infantry weapons easier to use with good effect than either NC or TR.
    • Since learning to manage recoil and how to fire in short bursts I now prefer TR weapons over the other factions.
    • But as high RoF is my "thing" I have now also certed into VS (and NC) ARs and carbines with TR level RoF.
    • I don't play HA but when I did I found the T34 Bull preferable to MSW-R for versatlity (despite lower RoF like VS weapons)
    • As a stalker infil I've found VS pistols disappointing compared to both NC and TR sidearms. The Beamer and Spiker are not bad......just not as good. I found T4 fine when used close up but fading rapidly with distance and using too much ammo.
    • I have top gunned the GK a few times and I find it pretty hard to get kills with it against moving targets due to low damage and RoF. Give me a Vulcan any day!
    There are so many weapons that are the same in each faction (like shottys, burst weapons, snipers, RLs, BRs, all NS weapons), or where you can cert into an equivalent to other factions, that moaning about one top gun, one pistol and one LMG seems pretty silly tbh.

I wonder if OP has got a TR alt and has tried to use the weapons he is so unhappy about? I have and none of them are game-changers

Being simplistic I think general rule is:
    • TR = hit lightly but quickly, if you can (dat recoil!)
    • NC = hit like a train but slowly, if you can (dat recoil!)
    • VS = a bit of TR and a bit of NC (but watch more of your bullets go where you are pointing)
    You can't change the rules so if you don't like them change faction (or suck it up, or play something else).
    • Up x 2
  14. Ryme_Intrinseca

Even many empire LMGs/ARs/Carbines weapons are just copy-pastes from other factions with minor stat changes. A few examples:

TMG-50=Gauss SAW S
    EM1=Rhino
    Polaris=Bull

GR-22=H/V45
    Carnage=Terminus

Serpent=GD-7F
    Cougar=Razor=Pulsar C

I suppose OP thinks the TR paintjob makes those versions 'point and click' :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  15. Scr1nRusher

OP is going full stupid
  16. 70g50

There should be a mechanic that only lets players comment/create those threads with at least br50 on all 3 factions. Would be much more civilized.