Upcoming building stuff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pikachu, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Pat22

You can't take a point if your infantry are being shredded by HE shells and other anti-infantry weaponry, and any time you waste dropping on those vehicles is time for the enemy to reinforce their defense, take out your gals, or move on another base you're leaving exposed while you waste time dropping whole squads to take out a few tanks.

Or what, did you expect that the infantry should only be capable of accomplishing their goals by dying repeatedly dozens of times but that tanks could also accomplish something of value without also putting themselves at risk of dying?

KDR may have no meaning, but if you spend your time dying, you'll find it mighty hard to accomplish anything.

And if you really want to get fancy, a Kobalt gunner on an MBT can easily gun down C4 Light Assaults hovering around all day.
    • Up x 1
  2. ColonelChingles

Tanks accomplish something of value? Hah. Tanks are irrelevant to the act of capturing bases. In either competitive play or common play, tanks are simply not used with much effect.

The only vehicle of value in competitive play is the ESF, which, unlike tanks, can actually bombard infantry with anti-infantry weapons. Usually ESFs make the top 10 weapons used in a SS, unlike tanks which don't even get to the top 20. I think I've done the math before, and deaths from tanks in a SS are abysmally low (on both sides).

Again, that's largely because tanks have very little killing power and plenty of other downsides. There is not much point in bringing along a 450 nanite tank when a 450 nanite MAX is much more useful (as seen by the SS stats).

If anything they should just make tanks spawnable for free at any base. That might increase tank use and make them more useful as a throwaway battle taxi.
  3. Liewec123

4. Pikachu

The link post can not be found! :mad: It's your fault Liewec/Demigan/Taemien/WTSherman.
    • Up x 1
  5. TheMercator

I would like the cannon be more like an area lock-on, shooting at every vehicle that is in a the radius of the marking tool.
  6. Pikachu

[IMG]

These forums have so many threads I had to dig 4 pages back to find this thread.
    • Up x 1