Planetside 2 on Xbox One????

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ximaster, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Ximaster

• Up x 1
  2. Pikachu

Join us in pc gaming and ascend to godhood, for you are weak and we are mighty.
    • Up x 3
  3. Ximaster

I just build the Xbox One for not upgrading my computer again and again,and again,and again...at least for the next 6 years.

I ve had the option to upgrade my computer but i prefered to build the Xbox One. Also consoles doesnt need to change pieces caused their pieces are solded. And this means not (much) falls of FPS.

For playing games i usually prefer consoles,but if i have a lot of money then i consider computer.
  4. Gundem

I can hit you up with a fully functioning mid-range PC for 400$, less then what you might pay for a latest Gen Playstation/Xbox on release date.

It would be able to play any game from 2016 on medium-high graphics, and any game from 2015 lower on basically Ultra. Assuming 1080p/60FPS.

Want the build specs?
  5. D4rk50ul

I don't think the XB1 can handle the game if the ps4 barely can. The new systems coming out will but buying new hardware 2 years into a console cycle makes me want to jump on my gaming rig instead.
  6. breeje

yep post the specs

needs to play on ultra 1080/60FPS (2015)
    the witcher hearts of stone
    fallout 4
    GTA 5
    and don't forget PS2

this will be a real challenge to do it for 400$
    i know i can't build a working game PC for that money and wanted PC performance

EDIT: i would be amazed if the settings are able to play these games on high for 400$
  7. Toxicate

Why bother when it's better on PC in almost every respect.
  8. Toxicate

You're suggesting a 400$ pricetag for 1080/60FPS - the thing is a 400 dollar console doesn't pull that now. It's 1080 (occasionally) at 30 fps.

However, a 400$ mid range PC could manage 1080/30 fps without issue.
  9. OldMaster80

I don't think the Xbox can handle Planetisde 2. It's a 4 years old game, but still it's too much for a console.

Yes, that's how consoles work.
  10. Gundem

PSU - 30$

CPU - 60$

GPU - 120$

MOBO - 55$

RAM - 40$

Case - 45$

Cooling - 17$

HHD - 45$

Total comes up to 412$, though not quite under 400 it's pretty damn close. Technically you could skimp further on the GPU and grab a GTX 660 for only 100$, and though it ran PS2 on nearly ultra under my ownership, it would likely struggle on newer games somewhat.

Part of the secret comes down to knowing a good sale when you see one. Don't splurge and buy all your parts at highest retail all at once, be patient and wait for good parts to go on sale.

One important thing to note is the need to Overclock. Both components are okay stock, but some overclocking will ensure you get maximum FPS with few drops in all but the most stressful gaming situations.
    • Up x 4
  11. Ximaster

Yeah yeah,i assume that i can pick a medium tier PC for 400 euros,but i already built the Xbox One,if i upgrade my actual computer,what i do with the console??? Its a waste of money the console and it costs me about 400 euros o_O!
  12. orangejedi829

PS4 can barely run Planetside, and it has 50% more graphical power than the XB1. There's just no way XB could handle it without some serious potato-ization.
  13. Ximaster

OMG 50% more graphic power than Xbox One???? Maybe a 25% maximal,but not 50%.

U make appears that Xbox One its trash and its not. One thing its have lttile less hardware than Ps4,other is make it a stomp-papers only. Oh and sorry about my English. BTW who voted "no"???
  14. Ximaster

Oh,and let me say u all,i can run Planetside 2 on my computer,and its a Intel i3 with 4 GB of RAM and Intel HD graphics. If i can run Planetside 2 with minimal graphics,then Xbox One can.
  15. breeje

my congratulations to you, you did very well with this setup
    i totally forgot about that little CPU
    and you did it even with good brand parts

the cheapest PC's i make for friends go with a I3
    but you're setup is a good and cheaper alternative if you're happy with a dual core processor
    now i wouldn't recommend this setup unless you really want to play on a PC but don't have the money for a better setup
    with some tweaking this setup could be playable with nice fps on mid to high
    maybe i should ask you're advice on my next build ;)
    nicely done

i challenged Gundem's post cause i thought it wasn't possibly
    he suggested he could build a 400$ PC with 1080/60fps, almost everything on ultra
    and to my surprise, he proved it was possible
    maybe not everything on high/ultra with 60fps, but he still impressed me with his setup cause he thinks out of the box
  16. Daigons

PC > Gaming stations whose hardware is instantly outdated the moment that it was made

Choose wisely....
  17. Gundem

Yea, that little guy would likely run any pre-2015 game on max settings(Except for maybe Crisys 3), it might struggle on some 2015 games without some overclock, though without a multi-cored CPU I doubt you'd get very far in a 2016 game.

For being 400 dollars, it indeed has some considerable flaws. Lack of multi-core will cause you to suffer in general computing, the bare minimum RAM wouldn't be good for any video applications, and personally the biggest issue would be the lack of upgradability.

In order to upgrade the CPU(The weakest point in that build's processing power), you'd also want a new PSU and MOBO, which would run you a good 300$ for some mid-tier stuff.

Also, I love building computers, if you ever have any questions about parts or PC stuff in general I'll be more then happy to lend a hand(Or keyboard).
    • Up x 1
  18. ZDarkShadowsZ

I mean everything I say here with utmost respect but I honestly don't know how much more people can spell this out for you. The Xbox One will not be able to run PlanetSide 2 very well. Yes the game runs on your PC with those specs, but if I recall from the threads you have made in the past, you receive only around 15-20 FPS at max. This means the game again will run, but not very well. In the past you've asked what PC parts you should get, namely a graphics card in order to attempt playing this game better on your PC and people gave you many suggestions. You could have taken their advice and saved up money to buy a new graphics card, maybe even some more better suited computer parts as a whole but instead you have chosen to ignore all the help and advice you have been given.

Even now people such as Gundem, who has given you a great spec PC part build, are trying to help you but instead you throw their advice and suggestions away because it seems it's just not what you want to hear. At this point I honestly don't know what you're looking for by making threads like these. Are you hoping the minority of people will say, 'Yes Ximaster, you should totally buy that console which will make PS2 a potato!'? Because you simply won't get it. For all the arguments and disagreements people have on this forum, when people see someone needs help, they try their very best to give it. Please, at least have some respect for all those who are trying to help you and stop throwing their help back in their face. Eventually people will give up and stop bothering with you because they will have come to the conclusion that no matter what help and support you ask for, they will have learnt you're the kind of person that will ask for help but won't take advice/suggestions given.

PlanetSide 2 will not be coming to Xbox One any time soon for a variety of reasons. As others have stated, if it struggles and has FPS dips on the PS4, it will not work as good on a console that has worse hardware. Think about it. You said it yourself, PS2 works on your PC, but ask yourself, does it work well? Do you get 60 FPS? No. Why? Because your hardware isn't dealing with it very well. Not only that, if PlanetSide 2 isn't at the same standards on the PS4 as it is on the PC, what makes you think porting it over to the Xbox One will be a good idea? What makes you think from a business standpoint, it will be cost-effective? What makes you think that, right now, or maybe even in the next 2..maybe 3 years, the game is even around at this point for them to even bother?

The one thing I ask of you here is to think carefully here. You want to play this game and have fun with it, think about what it would work best on. Xbox One isn't it. And the one thing I ask of everyone else here is, if Ximaster cannot and continues not to listen to the advice and support you've given him, please don't waste your time because it's clearly falling on deaf ears.
  19. Bush82

Graphics lowest to mid range, shadows off, lock it to 720p. Both consoles would run it at a solid 30fps.

I played on a gaming laptop with similar/lower specs to the consoles from beta to about year 1 no bother at all.

Play the odd time on the ps4, mostly when pc servers are being updated. If i could tweak the settings on the ps4 i would play it a lot more. If it came out on the X1 i would throw money at it again (spent a few hundred euro on pc) because all my mates game on Xbox.
  20. thebigbortishbort

planetside 2 on gameboy colour pls , make this happen.
    • Up x 1