[PS4] Logged in for the first time in months

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ryme_Intrinseca, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Ryme_Intrinseca

First thing I saw was a TR systematically killing everyone in the spawnroom. Loled and logged off.
  2. Ascythian

Wow great insight!

You must be the Leonardo Da Vinci of your day!
  3. Ryme_Intrinseca

And what exactly are you bringing to the table? Yeah, thought so.
  4. ZDarkShadowsZ

Not so much PS4 here but a similar thing pretty much just happened to me. Logged in, played a bit on Hossin before it was VS capped, came to help out with a construction base when shortly after this guy was at it again TKing people. Logged out shortly after since I didn't want to be C4 bait.
  5. Taemien

Free to play FPS. That's just part of the deal.

This sort of thing would be rare on a premium server. And come with a real consequence in the rare chance it did (in the form of a hit to someone's wallet to recreate a new account and repay to come back). And even if some rich person decided to throwaway accounts at the monthly rate for each one.. they could ban by CC number.. much more effective than spoofable IP/MAC/PCID/PS4ID.
  6. C_Saunders

And what exactly are you bringing to the table? Yeah, thought so.
    • Up x 1
  7. DoucheSlayer

My first time logging back in was 96/96 and there were planes and tanks and infantry everywhere and i drifter jetted off a cliff to watch it all and got sniped and died.
    9/8, would log in and die again
  8. Ryme_Intrinseca

Pointing out that a major and easy to fix problem with the game is still there to deter new and returning players. Shouldn't really have to spell this out...
  9. Ximaster

Oh God Oh God!!! Planetside 2 on Ps4 are losing players!?!?!?!? WHY???? I desire to Planetside 2 on Ps4 need to have more players!!!! Same as when the launch on Xbox One!!!!

Why i desire more players to Ps4???? Easy,more players means more money for DBGs and this means more money to repair bugs...also new content for EVERY platform,yes i mean Xbox One.

No players = no money = no bug repairs = no advancements on Ps4 bugs = more time for wait the launch of the game on Xbox One = Ximaster boring = Xbox One inactive.
  10. FeralBoy

He probably was an NC main and had to faction hop because of weapons lock from TKing all his NC buddies.
    :D:p:D
  11. Ziggurat8

Weapons lock fortunately is account wide.

I think there are however quite a few turncoats. (enemy faction sympathizers that get on an alt just to grief) I've noticed when my outfit goes on a rampage and totally dominates a base. What can often happen at the next base is some less than BR10 guy shows up and starts trying to TK everyone in our outfit. I imagine it's someone butt hurt we wrecked them so thoroughly. We've also had "friendlies" blow up our deployment shield sunderers on several occasions.

TKing in general also seems way more common on PS4, I can only speculate it's because the game is more accessible to much younger players on PS4.
  12. FeralBoy

I realize this is case from having been weapons locked once in my entire PS2 lifetime, but for the sake of a crummy joke perpetuating the NC TK faction profiling I stretched the truth just a widdle bit.
  13. Ryme_Intrinseca

Maybe it's also easier to bypass locks with alt PSNs?
  14. FeralBoy

I honestly don't think age has that big of an impact on deliberate TKing. Maturity level? Absolutely.
    Don't let other lick-knobs steal your fun mang. Spawn somewhere else or give'em a dose of their own.
    Or go about your business knowing they've already clearly communicated how big of doosh-nozzles they likely are in real life to act so gutless in a game when they know there isn't any chance of retaliation in real life.
  15. zaspacer

That has been a core feature of the game since launch. It's part of the SOE/DBG culture, and PS2 Legacy. Let me fix it to be a more accurate statement:
    "Many major and easy to fix problems with the game are still there."

Some people say there is no PvE content. But players have been fighting against bugs since launch.