Empire sides...help to clarify...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ximaster, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Ximaster

So,im thinking to play as HA when the holy game launches on Xbox One (or infiltrator)...

Here are a few things to play to every side:

TR,have T7 Mini Chain Gun...i LOVE this weapon,caused on computer i killed Vanu MAXes with brute force of this weapon,high probabilityes of pick this side,due this weapon,also sidearm is the best default one (repeater) but i only have skills on close quarters,caused main and sidearm weapons only have defense on close quarters (maybe T7 MCG can kill on medium distances,but the cone of fire is high),later i think about Vanu side. Also TR = Europe.

Vanu,Lasher,is fun to use,can kill people near corners,so its not bad,also from all weapons of that tier,this is the only one with medium distances skills,so picking darklight for sidearm gonna be much than done,because with Lasher i have chances to kill on close and medium distances,while with default sidearm i can defend myself from close distances from stalkers and infiltrators. Coolest looks of the 3 factions. Also Vanu = Asia.

NC,Jackhammer,not much to say,one of the best shotguns of the game (triple shot is DANGEROUS),rocket launchers on this side are HEAVYER. Also,sidearm have chances to kill on medium distances,u need good aim,but still at disadvantage on other main weapons (dont compare an automatic pistol to an assault rifle for example). Also NC = America.

Im thinking to pick those weapons,with upgrades for main weapons,for pistols (darklight) and thinking to buy the antiair rocket launcher (every faction)

Finally,vehicles and planes,pros and conts of every faction. Reaver,Mosquito,Scythe and the tanks of every faction.

Sounds like im new to the game,well,im not,but never played on vehicles or planes,only on feet...

If u want to focus on explain the HA class,i dont care. In fact,i usually go on feet at those games.

Also,dont misunderstand me,i only want to play on one faction at my start on Xbox One (when the devs DECIDE to launch the game on Microsoft console)
  2. Ximaster

If u have objections with this thread,explain,but dont stay silenced,16 visitors 0 comments...OMG...
  3. TheSunlikeOne

Ah, fine.

TR.
    "Old school" faction. Conservatistists. Uses powderguns. Orients on fast fire rate and BIG magazines. IMO has the best (and borderline OP) vehicles and sidearms in the game.
    Mentally, true TR players are the ones, that prefer past-modern setting more.
    TR - Russia. They still use their beloved AK old guns, and even their default RL - ML-7 (ML stands for missile launcher) is the reference to RPG-7 (RPG or РПГ stands for Ручной Противотанковый Гранатомет or Hand-held anti-tank grenade launcher).
    NC.
    Sci-fi faction. Freedom-lovers. Uses electomagnetically (does this word even exists?) propelled guns aka gauss/rail guns and oddly enough - shotguns. Orients on damage. IMO has most fun infantry weapons in the game.
    Mentally, True NC players are the ones, that prefer Modern-futuristic setting more.
    NC - NATO. They are the conglomerate after all.
    VS
    Fantasy faction. Tech worshipers. Uses plasmaguns. Orients on sustained fire. Has the most unique mechanics in the game.
    Mentally, true VS players prefer fantasy setting more.
    VS - aliens. I live in central asia myself, and I don't see any hovercars or spandexbutts here.

If I would be able to create the "perfect" faction out of these 3, then it would have:
    - TR MBT
    - TR ESF
    - NC SRs
    - NC ARs
    - NC Carbines
    - NC SMGs
    - VS LMGs
    - TR Sidearms
    - VS Sights
    - VS Directive weapons (or should I say heatmechanic?)
    - VS AI MAX
    - VS RLs
    - NC AV MAX

Just my personal opinion.
  4. Ximaster

Do u think that Russians or OTAN people see for example,a T7 Mini Chain Gun or a Gauss Rifle on Battlefield???? (Its a trap question,of course they see,also u dont see hovercars because u live on other country,but im sure that governements have secret programs already about technology,specially Japan and China,where are Chinesse,and this means crazy ideas...)

Also,VS RLs???? Maybe by his cool colors,but not firepower,the best RLs are in NC IMO...and also,VS MAXes???? I killed VS MAXes (noobs of course) with brute force of my T7 Mini Chain Gun,on frontal attack while changing fire between the two...of course the MAX is a noob with bad aim,but still its a MAX...

Also,u forgot shotguns,NC shotguns are the best,maybe they are copyes,but firepower its a characteristic of NC,shotguns and snipers of NC = best firepower.

Finally,u forgot about TR HAs,the best ones,bullets with more bullets means dead for everyone...

Thinking now,i should pick the NC HA,seems to have the most possitive points of all...

Remember,Sci-fi things have a part of true...
  5. Keiichi25

Actually, you would have a better understanding if you compared it a little to Command and Conquer''s Red Alert/Generals.

In Red Alert, The faction that is red is the Russians. In Generals, it is The Chinese. In both cases, the Main tank is a dual Cannons and in Generals, the vehicles can also be outfitted with chain guns.

Over all, the TR are basically the 'Spray and Pray' type, where most of their weapons focus on sheer volume of fire. The drawback of this faction is that they won't always have the best 'hitting' of the weapons, but by sheer volume, the damage they do is much more effective for sustained fire.

The NC are closer to Allies in both Red Alert and Generals sense, but for the most part the NC are basically focused on Hard hitting, which also means their weapons focus less on volume and more for kick. The drawback of most of the hard hitting weapons is the slowness to keep a sustained fire, which means they have to make their shots count. The Phoenix and Raven are both good examples of 'making the shots count' by the fact they are guided by the user more than by a lockon method.

The VS are more like the PLA in Generals or the Japanese in Red Alert. The technology allows them to use energy base weapons and are sort of a 'middle ground' between the TR in terms of sheer volume at times and NC with weapons that can do heavy damage.

The serious drawback to the VS is the fact a lot of their weapons are accuracy dependent. The Lancer and Vortex, while annoying for TR and NC at longer ranges, requires that the user be patient and charge to full to make the most out of it. The magrider being the most mobile of the 3 Main battle tanks between the groups makes for a nuisance at times for the TR and NC at their ability to get to places and hit with their tanks over what the TR and NC can do.

Each group has its pros and cons as far as weapon systems are concerned.

The VS's AI Gun for vehicles, the PPA, is actually pretty harsh, but slow in speed in comparison to the TR's Banshee/Pounder AI gun.

The TR's Gatekeeper missiles are annoyingly harsh for ranged and close range engagements for vehicles, and sometimes effective against air, but not for close range infantry at times.

The NC's Phoenix and Ravens are annoying for the VS and TR due to the fact that the AV damage can be directed to ground vehicles with no lockon, but also limited in range and how to turn on vehicles.

A lot of the systems can be countered once people actually look at how the system works on the other side and see how to defeat them.
  6. Ximaster

Its ok,TR use more bullets,NC more firepower and Vanu is a mix of the two...

And u say that everyone can counter weapons systems when people know how to defeat those weapon systems...

Since sometimes the battle occurs on close quarters and sometimes on medium/long,i dont know which faction to pick...

So,im going focus on HA and Infiltrator,the two only two classes i played the most on PC version...since TR HAs and TR Stalkers are the best,im going to pick the TR side,dunno about vehicles,but i usually go at feet on those games.
  7. AxiomInsanity87

You waited for your parents to get you a ps4 a year ago to play, but instead got an xjoke 1?. They aren't making planetside 2 for xjoke for a very long time lol.
    • Up x 1
  8. Ximaster

Say hello to ur mom :)
  9. AxiomInsanity87

1/10 you're not getting planetside 2 for xjoke 1 for at least a long time. You should get a ps4 or go on the pc version.
  10. Eternaloptimist

Leaving aside the heavy weapons for HA (which each have a specific niche) I found that TR weapons in every class gave me the best experience when starting from scratch - being pretty verstaile across different ranges and battle scenarios.

I'm not saying the other faction starter weapons are bad but I found that I got on better and faster with the TR ones. I found VS defaults good at close range (especially the Orion) and easy to use but a bit disappointing in TTK after the TR experience. I found the NC ones to be better at medium to long range with burst firing but a bit too slow for me to compete in CQC.

I've noticed, since being able to cert up, that all factions have one or two primary weapons you can buy that have characteristics of the other factions (different damage tier, rate of fire etc.). And stalkers in VS and NC can buy burst pistols similar to the TX1, although TR then have the only ES auto pistol - the T4 AMP.

TR edges it for me though I still enjoy playing the other factions too.
  11. Ximaster

Well,its much important for u this???? If i have Xbox One or Ps4 for play Planetside 2 now or in 2 years,it make u to sleep better or worse???? Think on it,in meantime,shhhhhh....

Oh and remember,playing Street Fighter 5 on Ps4 doesnt make u martial artist xD

Also,try to avoid my threads like im doing with u,but of course if u disturb me,i disturb u,logic 100%.

And finally,dont disturb me more,im not saying anything of ur life,but u say things about mine,why??? I dont know. But all trolls that dont stop disturbing me,stop to disturb me saying things about my life,if i picked up the XBOX ONE its my decission,stop complaining about my decissions like weird kiddos. And stop disturbing me in general,i usually dont disturb u with ur life,u can make with ur life what do u want,if u drug or smoke its not my problem,the problem was when u do things that i dont like and have reference to me or my family,then its a problem,but weird kiddos are always weird kiddos.

PD: In case of u have more than 30 years old,then replace weird kiddos with ****** people :)
  12. Ximaster

I specially LOVE the T7 Mini Chain Gun,i have this weapon on PC version and its very good!!! But im not playing anymore,im waiting to the launch of the game on Xbox One,in meantime im going to distract with Destiny or other games.
  13. Ximaster

Also i need to say that NC means freedoom,that i found samething on about my future country,Catalonia,but TR have the best HAs...and TR means Europe,Catalonia is in Europe :)
  14. AxiomInsanity87

I see that you are still literally r3tarded.
  15. TheSunlikeOne

RLs (except Phoenix, Lancer, Striker) are carbon copies among the empires. I really like my Phoenix (My main is NC), but I also like Railguns, and Lancer is the most "railgunish" RL.

VS AI MAXes has the perfect balance between effective range and sustained fire. Also reload is fast.

Shotguns are identical among the factions. Only visual model is different (and the sound of course)

VS Betelgeuse has infinite ammo. And the Orion is very good LMG.

Can't say much. I don't play HA that often. NC HA isn't the bad choice, but idk how good it would be played with the controller.
  16. Xealos

Why do you say the game's coming to Xbox? You read this in a thread somewhere or are you just implying.

Because seeing the difficulties the Daybreak are having with the PS4 version alone, I severely doubt they'll consider putting it on yet another platform anytime soon.
  17. Ximaster

I dont know if soon,but one day of those for sure,watch DC universe online,its on Ps4 and PC and one day like a magic movement,appears on Xbox One dashboard...who say me that this doesnt happen to Planetside 2 too????