useroptions.ini question

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by YourNameOnRice, Jul 5, 2016.

1. YourNameOnRice

I recently made some suggested changes on my useroption.ini file to get better fps.

It's been working fairly well but one of the changes made bullet tracers look like they were from Planetside 1. (basically just red/purple/blue bolts of light with very little pizzazz)

Anyone know which parameter in the "Rendering" section governs how those tracers appear? i would like to get them back to they way the look in the default settings.

Here is what I have in that part of useroptions right now.

[Rendering]
    OverallQuality=-1
    GraphicsQuality=1
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=0
    LightingQuality=1
    EffectsQuality=1
    TerrainQuality=3
    FloraQuality=4
    ModelQuality=3
    RenderDistance=1400
    Gamma=0.00000
    VerticalFOV=74
    ParticleLOD=2
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.40
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    VSync=0
    AO=0
    MaximumFPS=65
    UseLod0a=1
    BloomEnabled=0
    MotionBlur=0
    Smoothing=0
  2. Stigma

Tracers should be effected by "particles" on the setting screen. I'm not exactly sure if that affects ParicleLOD _and_ ParticleDistanceScale in the ini ... you might need to test those spesifics yourself.

-Stigma
    • Up x 1
  3. YourNameOnRice

Thanks Stigma but I tried both of those to no effect.

Anyone else have any ideas?
  4. Taemien

Only thing I can suggest is delete the file and restart the launcher so it creates a new one.

Adjust the settings one by one and see how they look ingame. Do this till you find the offending setting and then skip that one and go down the rest of the list.