Political Discussion in /Yell Chat (Poll)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by widgetdog, Jul 9, 2016.

1. widgetdog

2. Pirbi

The sooner you stop expecting anything productive in /yell, the sooner you'll start to enjoy /yell. Or just tab over to another channel.
    • Up x 1
  3. TheFlamingLemon

4. widgetdog

My bad, should I request a staff member close this thread? How serious of an offense is this?
  5. TheFlamingLemon

I doubt they'll even notice it, and if they do you won't get banned. Still not something one ought to do, though.
  6. Sh4n4yn4y

Hahahahahahahaha... ha... hahahahahahaha!

Sorry... but this is gold. I'm on Briggs. One of the more prominent members of the TR is named after one of our Prime Ministers. We had one in the VS (mighta been NC, been a while) that was named after the back stabbing... female dog that deposed him. Those were the glory days. Little snide remarks from good ol' Ruddy, snipes from the dog, etc.

We still get it, mainly because in Australia, politics is a major joke.
  7. Pelojian

i imagine the next new face will be turnbull for NC since he's a liberal.
  8. Insignus

I don't think that's fair, to be honest. I'm an American, but I know enough about Aussie politics to know that some of your politicians have been fairly bad-***.

Until you elected this guy, and then, unfortunately, you lost your national rights to criticize other people's politics for at least another three years. (NSFW)

But again, as an outside observer, I peg your most recent decline to when you lost Chaser's War on Everything.

But hey, cheer up! Your politicians are at least competent enough to have snagged you the 2018 Commonwealth games! Thats an achievement of some sort, right? I mean, people know what that is, don't they?

(Seriously, do they? I'm still hazy on the details, but I was reliably informed the other day that they were invented by the UK as a form of passive-aggressive irony that back-fired).