PlanetSide 3 Suggestions?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EvilWarLord, Jul 5, 2016.

1. EvilWarLord

Although the devs plan to keep PS2 running up until 2020 i believe, lets jot down some ideas for PS3 (If there ever is one)

- Pay to play
    Making it Pay to play would greatly increase the revenue the company recieves as well as allowing players to buy in game cosmetics, Removing micro transactions from ES weapons would also greatly change the *Its P2W thought process*

- Built around the construction system
    The Construction system is a serious game changer and can sometimes change the flow of battle (Or make indar Ex and Quartz even more of a stalemate depending on who you talk to) and gives players the ability to build their own bases for if they aren't in the mood for killing things, Allowing us players to build larger structures (I.E. Small Outpost Buildings and any other structure with the exception of Tower bases, Bio labs, Amp Stations, and tech plants.)

- New Development engine
    A lot of games i've played ether currently or a long time ago are or were using Unreal Engine 4 (Or by 2020 it'll be 6 or 7)
    and plus on medium or high settings, (Personally medium is perfect for high FPS) you can get 40-60+ FPS especially lower end machines.

- Cortium to power Warp gates/Multibiome Continents
    So we have Cortium but there's no where for that excess cortium in your silo to go to, any excess Cortium is converted into N.L.E. or Nano Lattice Energy which can be pooled from full silos (That don't have Modules on them)
    to maintain power to the Warp gates shields. The Continents would have a mixture of other Continent biomes
    Continent #1 - Searhus, Indar, Hossin Hybrid.
    Continent #2 Cyssor, Easmir, Amerish Hybrid
    Continent # 3 a Combination of what the Battle Islands would have been.

Do you have any ideas for Planetside 3 that you'd like to see :D
    • Up x 1
  2. Demigan

1: Balance all units against each other.
    2: Make sure all units have equal say in battles. IE some bases are designed for vehicles, others for aircraft, others for infantry, but the lionshare will be captureable through infantry, aircraft and vehicles at the same time, with each having an equal role in the capture (assuming infantry outnumbers the vehicles and aircraft and have less impact per person).
    3: Make sure the game has more to do than king-of-the-hill gameplay. Add CTF style combat, assault style where you have to destroy different objectives to progress and finally capture the base (For instance: after destroying multiple generators you can destroy the SCU, first to repair it captures the base), have attrition through powered bases that can run out of cortium and each spawn/use of resources saps some cortium etc etc.
    4: Integrate the construction system into bases. Some bases are just capture area's (not necessarily capture points) and player have to build the entire base. Others have base facilities that can be supplemented with construction pieces.
    5: Add alerts that really shake up play. Instead of "well it's normal gameplay but now after 2 hours you get some extra XP" you could add things to create some superweapons or supervehicles, allow players to gather temporary bonusses for their team during and after the alert or change the rules for certain capture area's etc.

Profit.
  3. DirArtillerySupport

Something that makes me think about playing Planetside even when I'm not playing Planetside. This game right here doesn't make me think....about anything.
    • Up x 1
  4. vitanidb

So, basically a minecraft server that never has more than 12~24 (if that) on any hex at any given time with auraxium on the sides?
  5. FeralBoy

Planetside3 I wish would basically have the gameplay and layout of PS1 with PS2's graphics. With some tweaks.
    But it will never happen.
    PS2 is a shell of it's iconic predecessor and is a tryhard catcher of CoD and BF clones.
    PS2 is a listless pilotless behemoth of a ship foundering in a shrinking sea of MMOFPS uniqueness.
    • Up x 2
  6. FeralBoy

I apologize EvilWarLord, I can build my own computer from parts but I do not know how to reply using a quote with the original poster's name included.

Even though I missed the original Oshur I loved the reincarnated Battle Islands. It was great to have a place where Heavy Assault was excluded. It was just never fully accepted I feel simply because it magnified just how many HA only s.h.i.t.t.e.r.s there actually were. ;)
  7. Pikachu

P2P is a dying method. Also there would only be a fraction of current ps2 population. Two year ago the devs mentioned that only 7% of PS2 players have ever payed money into the game. Back then population was 2+ times the current.

But then we would get all kinds of bullspit lense flare effects. It's already in Eternal Crusade.
  8. Messaiga

Oh my lord you're still here and using that glorious yellow text.

As for the thread, I'd say the biggest thing any sequel to Planetside 2 needs is to be in a more complete state on launch. Less bugs, better performance, and hopefully the continents done in a way that they don't need to be reworked multiple times.
  9. Metrack12

Probably space battles (for the lolz),orbital strike,NC having more Gauss weapons instead of shotguns,Reaver not being a flying brick,TR MAX having other ability aside of Lockdown,an urban map maybe?
  10. stalkish

You press the Reply button at the bottom right of their post.
  11. breeje

the only thing needed is
    - good hit detection
    - stable fps
    - new engine
    - good anti hack system
    - auto kick for lagers and high ping players
    - good bug support/fix
    - nerfed vanu :D, just kidding nerf TR instead

for the rest they can just copy paste PS2 on PS3, it will be the best game ever
    • Up x 1
  12. Pikachu

Yers, but you have been away for long time. I don't remember what you used to talk about.
  13. dejavuallover3

Before any PS3, the best change would be that another company gets the name and rights, instead of the incompetents at DBG. Otherwise, I agree with Breeje. The list he gave are all basic things that should have been fixed long ago and haven't been.
  14. Messaiga

Mostly gameplay suggestions. I've been silently watching this game to see if anything that interests me pops up in a new patch or anything. Played for a bit when construction came out and that was fun.

My personal thoughts are this game has always had humongous potential with it's concept but the way it released held it back from major success. Sometimes I think I might get back into the game but the time it would take to unlock all sorts of stuff with certs is quite daunting and I've yet to find an outfit where I feel "at home" in. Still holds a special place amongst games for me though.
  15. FeralBoy

Whenever I add a Quote after hitting Reply I never see the Quote displayed with the poster's name included above it :confused: