I find cloakers to be the most annoying part of the PS2onPS4 experience

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FriendlyPS4, Jul 3, 2016.

1. JaHeit

2. FriendlyPS4

3. bLind db

A lot of people crutch on anything that can be abused in this game. Most of the forumside players absolutely REQUIRE any advantage they can get to stay above a 1:1 KDR.

Are infils overpowered? Of course not, and it helps that 99.9% of them are complete dog**** at the game. Are they irritating? Absolutely. Invisible (even partially) enemies aren't fun to play against, and it's VERY easy to successfully avoid detection in big fights. Thanks largely in part to DBG's complete inability to build a decent game, I often die instantly in one big chunk of damage to infils. That's exciting gameplay - dying to a character that was invisible (and probably sitting in stalker cloak for the last 15 minutes waiting for someone to pass solo, because that's fun and engaging gameplay for the wannabe Navy SEAL) instantly.

I still kill significantly more infils than kill me, and relatively few of my deaths are to them, but that doesn't mean it's enjoyable.

Balanced? Infils are fine. Enjoyable to fight against? No, not at all.
    • Up x 1
  4. FriendlyPS4

How about this pro. Lets put this eye rolling reply of yours to the test. I will be a cloaker on (PS4) VR. You try to find me without a flashlight. I'll record the results, post them here. Let me guess you going to tell me you don't have a PS4. But you telling ME how the game is on PS4. When you not even on the same hardware.

There is nothing complex to being invisible. You not pro. You just trolling. Ruining other people fun who will just log off.

Cloaking right now is similar to Tking. Because in both there is nothing much you can do to stop it. I go into a base full of NC go to use a terminal shot in the back. Go to a base see it empty go to use a terminal shot in the back.
  5. FriendlyPS4

6. FriendlyPS4

I don't really care about balance so much. Is Harasser cheese balanced? Not really. Are there plenty of effective counters to it? Yes.

There are not plenty of effective counters to cloakers. The ones that exist pretty much are lame or put the one using the counter in danger. Example, the flashlight lighting ME up making me a target.
  7. Newlife1025

Just get good. Im also on pa4 and finding infiltrators is second nature.
  8. DrakeFang

Hey *******, you do realize that to be in VR together you'd have to be on the same faction right?

Now what happens when somebody from your own faction activates their cloak? That's right! They look as lit up as a damn Christmas tree! So smart money says he could find you pretty easily. Congratulations on once again proving you don't know what you're talking about.

And you CAN very easily see moving infiltrators on PS4. If they're in deep cloak (which is when they are still and crouched) they're more difficult to spot, but not impossible.

Lastly, I've been playing on NC for the last month or so, so I know that whole "there's not enough people" or "we're not organized enough" is a load of crap. If I can pull out my pistol, flip on the darklight, dome an infil, and then go back to doing what I'm doing, then so can you.

Honestly mate, with all the whining you've done over the past couple days, I'm inclined to tell you to go back to CoD. PS2 needs to improve player retention, but not for players like you.
    • Up x 1
  9. Hegeteus

How can you expect to deal with something in Planetside 2 without being put in danger? Do you want a remotely controlled infiltrator killer that you can control from spawn? I don't see how dangerous it would be for you and your teammates to do some basic recon(motion spotters or recon darts)compared to not doing it at all. Anyone who can avoid the recon tools is most likely a slow moving guy wielding only a pistol and sometimes not even that.

Tools for finding them are already there, why won't you use them?
  10. Devilllike

the game it self is supposed to be a team based game...at least my role as an infiltrator is sniper hunter i mean if you have a team isnt it required to equip detection tools? and emp nades? this is not the fault of the class my friend but this is a fault of your team,DETECTION is a must in a fight for example try placing a recon dart or a detection tool anysound they make u know their location if they dare to run you instantly can follow them,hear their last location and you can instantly flash them out.

I talk from expirience
  11. Hegeteus

Don't hate on people just because they don't happen to use the same brand of crutches you do. If you had a player profile to show, it would probably reveal the same usage of class strengths just like with anyone else
  12. Eternaloptimist

Um, you do know that enemies can't see your darklight beam, right? Same as they can't see your laser sight beam if you've got one equipped.

Sounds like you just have issues in general and getting ambushed by an infil is just the final straw. But it's what they do. Have you tried playing infl yourself, to see things from the other side?

I can tell you that playing stalker in particular is no picnic now that cloaked infils are easier to see (they are not invisible and never were unless you have poor graphics settings on your computer). The darklight is much feared - and rightly so.

In my experience successful stalkers are the ones who take advantage of not-so-good players. The other kind of stalker tends to have a short life. Once his/her presence is known i.e. they kill someone, good players tend to find them and eliminate them pretty quickly.
  13. Sil4ntChaozz

If it weren't for that last line I'd assume you and PS4 over there were buddies.
  14. Wafflepancake

That's never an excuse.
    20 bucks wireless keyboard, 10 for wired, just adjust your setup as needed.
    Got a mobile? Download the PlayStation app and use your phone as the keyboard..
    Tell your friends
  15. PlanetBound

Being aware of your surroundings is really helpful. Play infil for a while and you might get a feel for where to expect them.
  16. Daigons

The amount of time that you wasted with this whiney nerf post, you could viewed several instructional videos on how to counter this threat. It's fun watching self proclaimed game experts who constantly fail against easily avoidable issues.
    • Up x 1
  17. FeralBoy

Owned and Exposed. The End.
  18. CutieG

Infils are annoying, but so are all try-hards. ESFs can be downright ridiculous in their behavior and some tanks absolutely refuse to have a gunner.

Personally, I'd tell you to buy Crysis 3 if you want to learn how to spot invisible enemies. In just a few hours you'll have experienced as many cloak encounters as you get in a month of PS2. You'll catch on very quickly.
  19. stalkish

• Up x 1
  20. FeralBoy