Is planetside 2 full of hackers and dieing because of this?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CreedMaster, Jul 3, 2016.

1. CreedMaster

I was reading YouTube comments and it seems to me that the majority of people says that they don't play the game, because it's full of hackers. I have played the game for 2 is years and I rarely ever encounter hackers on the emerald server. I'm BR rank 60ish on vs and 50ish on NC. I love the game and don't want it to die off.
  2. Rikkit

Nope, it's not. Yes there are Hackers, but there are only few, and they are not in every fight.
    In my opinion the hacker situation is under control (and soon batteleye will be implemted, so it even gets better.)
    • Up x 1
  3. Crayv

I haven't seen any blatant hackers around in a while, though I have suspected a few people of being closet hackers (basically they try to play it down so it is more of just an advantage than a clearly neigh unstoppable player running around).
  4. JaHeit

I've got a level 97 on PS4 and have started playing on PC too and have hardly noticed any hackers. Just typical ping and lag problems that occured just as often on the PS4 as the PC.

I think it boils down to people not enjoying the game, getting mad, then telling themselves they died to a hacker
  5. 1Tap2Tap

Are there cheaters (I would not call them hackers, 99% are just script kiddies)? Yeah sure.

Is it particularly bad in Planetside in comparison to other games? Hell no, not nearly.

The real reason for many of those players not playing Planetside claiming "hax" is this:

They just cannot cope with Planetside 2, a game where death is around every corner and lurks in every shadow.

If you cannot accept getting "owned" from time to time, succumbing to masses of cheese or just dying in general, Planetside is not the game for you. ("you" means not the OP btw).

No need to scream "cheaters" just to have an excuse for own failure.

But if you stick to it despite failing over and over and work on your skills, there is no game that can teach you how to play tactical online shooters better than PS2.

As Yoshino calls it, "Planetside 2, the Dark Souls of shooters".

Rightly so.
    • Up x 2
  6. JKomm

Any time I see a player in /yell chat talk about cheaters, all I say is, "What is their name and what are they doing? So we can at least report them." If I get no reply I simply assume the player was frustrated and does not actually believe the person in question is hacking in some way. 80% of the time I get no reply.
    • Up x 1
  7. CreedMaster

Thank you for all your responses I love this game and glad to hear that cheaters are under control. The community is nice and I hope I can play this game for a long time.
  8. Okjoek

I occasionally find a player who is somehow able to kill nearly an entire squad alone. Maybe they're just really good, but I report them anyway just to be sure.
  9. GuhMaster2512

I feel as though most reports of a hackers are just worse players reporting better players with more experience and also know how to chain headshot. I very rarely bump into hackers on Emerald, maybe about once every 2-3 weeks.
  10. KuroNoKitsune

I think in the 3-ish years of on and off play I've only encountered 2 cheaters (script kiddies, don't call the hackers, that would imply they have more than 2 brain cells) one was a guy obviously killing a lot of tanks with an archer in a single shot, his kill board verified this, as there's simply no way in hell you can kill 3 tanks in 2 minutes with that thing.

The second, not absolutely certain, but fairly sure, was a cheater, as he was able to consistently hit me with a basilisk from 150-200 meters away while I was in deep cloak as well as moving around.
  11. FieldMarshall

I rarely find hackers. There was a wave of hackers (maybe the same guy) last year, but since then its been pretty quiet.

I honestly think most people who yell "hax" are people who think they understand and have mastered all the game mechanics but has no clue whats really going on.
    People who get outplayed and cant comprehend what just happened, so they (subconsciously?) come to the conclusion that it must be some sort of cheating.
    Because it obviously cant be that they may not be as good as they think they are.

I know it sounds a bit condencending, but thats not my intent. I just dont know how else to explain it.
    Anyway. Thats my theory.
    • Up x 1
  12. NXR1

Heh battle eye, cause we all know how arma 2 is known for how few hackers it has right?.....right...?.....RIGHT!!!??!
  13. NXR1

Almost all the hackers i see are just noclippers playing as infils walking through hills, and the occasional aimbotter at a biolab.
  14. Crayv

Though I have to say, after the few play sessions this week. I have been getting consistently headshotted while in a dead sprint by infils lately (most of them are low BR).
  15. Sinful Raevyn

I hit runners in the head a lot. Some from a reaaaaaaally far distance. I'm only BR35 so far. >_>

Sprinting towards us? We aim at your feet.

Sprinting away? We aim above you.

Sprinting sideways? Shoot a few feet in front of you.

Just takes practice ^.^

If you really want to be sure you have a high survival rate, run in zig zag or circular patterns. Harder to snipe. :p
    • Up x 1
  16. rockhead101

It isn't hackers that is ruining the game. It is terrible lag/hit detection/rendering. The game now runs like ****. Most people that are accused of hacking just have the golden internet connection. I can completely miss someone and get a headshot kill, and then I can unload a mag into someone from behind and get instakilled by him without them turning around. The game is old, and DBG will not invest money into it unless it will generate revenue. New players don't stand a chance against a vet from another country. People often call this hacking, it's just a horribly optimized game.
    • Up x 1
  17. Juunro

This, this right here. Clientside hit reg and the game having no method of auto-kicking people over a certain ping or above a certain level of packet loss is what is happening 99% of the time it seems like someone is hacking. You can even intentionally manipulate it, though I won't say how. It is ridiculous. I don't care if a bunch of Russian or South Americans wind up leaving the game, I am just damned tired of being killed twenty feet around the corner by someone in the third world with potato powered internet.

Hell, on Emerald it's gotten pretty bad recently, as we've gotten refugees from the EU and West Coast servers, who are themselves trying to get away from Russians/Koreans respectively, and then wind up doing to people on the East Coast what the people they are trying to avoid were doing to them. It's ridiculous.

There NEEDS to be a ban system in place for ping over 300. It needs to happen.
  18. Caramboul

The problem is you will never know if the lag is a technical issue or forced by lagwizardy. Packet loss for incoming but steady packets for outgoing data - You can´t hit the player even if your target cross will blink with every shoot but the other one will hit you perfectly.

If i see one of this laggy players and they are online with permanent lags for more then 10 minutes its a cheater. Unconcerned if it´s an accident, an exploiter or a script user making a habbit. To know about the situation and then getting an advantage is cheating.

Same with all bugabuse and exploits that not even need a forcing script. This wish-wash about never seen a hacker and playing since an eternity or all the hack raging people are worse player that can´t stand the heat - self-righteous mischief.

Daybreak is paying real money to install BattleEye because there is no serious problem with cheater. Yes, that´s a logical conclusion of Daybreaks management.
    Brainstorming session by DB: How can we attract more people to play (and pay) our game Plenetside 2 ?
    Hey, there is NO problem with overboarding scripts/cheats and hacks so let us pay 50.000 $ per anno for BattleEye and let us hope the cheating player will appreciate this.

They want to have new players and get rid of the cheating and scripting old school. Perhaps that is the way to hold PS2 alive.
  19. bLind db

PS2 is dying because in four years DBG has done literally nothing to combat cancerous gameplay that punishes the experience that 90% of the playerbase has - infantry play.

I know that infantry is not the only way to play the game, and that we shouldn't work against people that enjoy vehicle-based combat (or MAX-based combat, ugh), but there is a significant amount of cheese that just makes rooting around as a soldier unenjoyable for a lot of new players. I can 100% assure you that a LOT of people probably lose interest within the first three hours thanks to tank/max spam (no Wrel, not salty vets,) where they just can't do anything to fight them.

There is no form of logistics in this game to discourage entire platoons of tanks/sunderers or MAXes. Are tanks balanced? Individually, sure. They're weak to C4 and can be easily dropped with coordinated attacks. Are they balanced when 20+ are sitting outside of a spawnroom shelling it until the base flips because literally no-one can even get out of the spawnroom?
    • Up x 1
  20. FeralBoy

I wouldn't say PS2 is dying because of hackers. I would say PS2 is dying because it was born.
    I have yet to play a PC game since 2003 that DIDN'T have hackers, exploiters, etc., it's just the nature of the beast.
    I firmly believe there are more of these people than most care to admit but I don't think it is why this game is dying.
    I don't know about any other server than Emerald but our pops seem pretty fair and stable since I've been here.

You have to understand there will always be a certain proportion of the player base that will always be unhappy about something. They will always find a reason to quit a game, and instead of finding a new game to enjoy they will just post negative stuff about the one they left or are currently still playing.

Sure there has always been issues with hit detection and rendering, and for me both have been pretty severe recently, but don't let all the naysayers turn you away. It's still a hell of a lot of fun.
    • Up x 1