[Suggestion] A new Long range vehicle AA weapon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TomDRV, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Jawarisin

That's already how it is though, I was making a joke but. Realistically, if there's AA, you can either fly near the ceiling, or really close to the ground and use the ground as cover. But the middle area is a no-go as soon as there's AA.
  2. LaughingDead

Right, drive into the front line of AP tanks and tell me how that goes ;)
  3. Imp C Bravo

With equal numbers in harassers? I'm pretty sure my point still stands ;)
  4. Kumaro

Exaggeration to make a point.
    96+ is just one fight. There are the 48+, 24+ and so on.
    And Air vs AA is to uneven the scaling is to big for this game. Yes undefended situations deserve to be stomped but it's not fair against those who have some defences to be as well.
    Im not one of those who want major changes all i want is some smaller tweaks to give each vehicle and weapon a certain role and purpose which they currently do not have.
    I want the skyguard to shine in it's role as a deterrence vehicle. Thus i want it to have more ammo in each load/magazine. It has low accuracy and strong flak thus making it weaker the further a target is. But it's to weak to early and giving it better accuracy or damage won't do because the game balance will break that. But giving it longer sustain will not it will also allow it to defend it self better against close range targets on the ground. That is the one thing i can say for sure based on my own experience with the vehicle and turret.
  5. NXR1

Well ESF's are fighters, they aren't suppose to be ground pounding and doing strafing runs, they are suppose to be shooting down other aircraft
  6. Saturax

Im for new weapons :D
    What about... long range lock on rocket on lightning chassis + use them without lock too
    ( lightning + coyotes ) :p
  7. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

8. Saturax

( i will just coment what you did write and part about AG + AA rockets )

I think i have in ESF around 600 hours clear time, when im there from start of PS2... and from you who have problems with lock on im using Stealth lvl5 + Flares + Engineer and never show my self too long, or just fly near ground... to get this problems and just laught when some one try lock me. :p For AA rockets i have enought time find ESF who is trying lock me and moust of time break his lock and then turn on him or use flare and get in close fight with him ( + he will never again use lock on on shoort range, because i will not let him )

So when you are LA + Auto repair + F repair... like moust of you, ofc you get locked fast and people shoot rockets on you, but its problem with your ESF set. + Lock on rocket are still not strong enought when you see 9/10 people use this noob set... and at worst case they just jump from esf with LA...

So... when we already have GA rockets in game anyway... i dont see problem place GA rockets on lightning/surender/tank, only think we need is balance it: for example... you will not shoot swarm of missles in short time, but slowly shoot 1-1-1 rockets with beter dmg. + I did write use system like coyotes, so you must aim and shoot with skill and rockets will lock on you only in close proximity
    ( Its almost same like have skyguard shoot rockets... but harder, because of slow fire rate you have to aim to hit, not just aim somwhere around airtarget and when you see flak explode corect how far aim in front of target )