[Suggestion] New Infiltrator "Tools": Jammers.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TorigomaSET, Jul 1, 2016.

1. TorigomaSET

Has been Suggested in soom incarnation since the start of the game, but thought I'd give my own spin to it.

Jammers would be new "Tools" that would interact with Enemy Bases and Vehicle. While technically tools, they would take take up your Secondary weapons slot, meaning if used with Stalker Cloak, an Infiltrator would have to rely solely on their knife.2-3 Would be Carried at once.
    When attached to a Vehicle or base, they would emit a EMP pulse and loud sound every second, Acting as a combination EMP and Flash grenade (not fully blind, but making it hard to see, like if you got partly caught in a flash blast), for those inside a Vehicle, knocking out the Hud (and damage indicater), as well as making it hard to seen through light and static. Infantry OUTSIDE the Vehicle would not be effected, and the large pulses would make it easy to find and destroy the Jammer.
    If placed on a Base Module, Jammers would shut down that module after a certain time or increase the Drain Rate associated with it.
    Infiltrators would also be able to place the Jammers on the ground, similar to a mine. Vehicle drives over the Jammers, they would be hit by a single pulse, which would fade quickly, however the jammer would remain, pulsing every time it was ran over, until it despawned or was destroyed.

To Summarize, the Jammer would a Tactical tool used by Infiltrators, that acted as a combination Flash/EMP device when attached to a Vehicle. It would NOT Disable the Vehicle at all, rather it would break the HuD and make it harder to see, forcing them to retreat or destroy the Jammer.
    Since the Jammer would take the Secondary Slot, the Infiltrator would have to choose to either go in risky with Hunter/Nano Cloak, of if they play it safe with Stalker, they would be stuck with only their Knife.
    • Up x 1
  2. NXR1

Infil does not need any form of counter to vehicles because they have no counter for infil, the minute infil become a problem you are going to start seeing darklight headlights and an upgrade like heatvision that shows cloaked (heat vision already should as it is, for logical reason).
    • Up x 1
  3. TorigomaSET

The Counter to infiltrators is to shot them in the Face or run them over. The same with every other Class that has some form of Anti-Vech ability (I.E. All of them but infil)
    Remember, the Jammer is a support tool, not a disabler. It is meant as a tactical device used to give the other classes a opening.
  4. Movoza

This is more a LA tool designed to weaken by vision tampering and confusion. I also think that functionality on individuals like EMP or spotting (recon drones) should be LA, as it gives a distinct feeling. They have a bit similar roles in the game with changing visuals and draining power, but in different ways.

That, and the LA has the least amount of tools, weapons and diversity while the Infiltrator is already stocked on these.
  5. Lemposs

So a slight annoyance to Prowlers and at best a minor stop for Mags and vanguards... Yeah I can think of some better uses for the absolute most worthless class in the game.