Prowler vs ANY Hive

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by guerrillaman, Jun 27, 2016.

1. zaspacer

Striker. Crouching and single-click firing the Stiker gives pinpoint accurate shots that only need adjustments for slight bullet drop (which the large Mag helps with).

While it is effective to take out Base Turrets at extreme ranges and can take out Deployed Sunderers that don't have adequate repair support, these are situational uses and not where they provide the biggest impact. Striker extreme-range AV provides the biggest impact in that it can push off Armor from strategic positions. It means Tanks can't just camp a position, it means TR can push an Armor zerg off a facing of the base they are Zerging (by a Stiker w/ Ammo hitting them from rear at extreme range) and open up a route to the allies to push out from within the base.

Much of the game is not about destroying units. But disrupting them and/or their positioning. Striker gives TR the ability to make this happen. In contrast, NC has nothing Infantry based except Archer to cover this, and Archer is underpowered for the task.

I mentioned this because this is a task I have performed many times (as a solo). By setting up a well positioned Sunderer and pushing back Enemy Vehicle positions from extreme range. And it's a role I just cannot perform with NC.
  2. Deffington

The point of the game is to not play solo if you want to have any impact on the enemy. A single Phoenix is probably more useless than a single Striker, but in both cases you want more people. Also, there is always a MAX with ravens - royal argument.
  3. Devilllike

can the freaking tr have one good thing in their faction without you greedy ***** every cry about it?,the nc have a freaking shield.

just yesterday i took out a prowler with hlaf of my hp and a lvl 1 shield and a basilisk while he had gate keeper and you guys cry out because a tank took out a hive?!

Did you happen to think ooo maybe i will add a skyshield? or a repair module and stuff? let me guess you didnt
    • Up x 1
  4. guerrillaman

He wasn't. You need to git gud.

LOL

Actually all you've established is you had a hard time.

If you are the guy I was pushing off yesterday on Esamir with his lockdown tank, you fail to realize, that behind me were three engineers, a repair module, and a repair sundy. An excessive amount of support to fend off ONE MBT.

Was that you?
  5. guerrillaman

You've got to be trolling. That or you have reading comprehension problems.
  6. Stormsinger

The TR currently have the most good / fully functional / OP toys (Pick a term, any apply.) I would not say that the Striker is among them, however.

Additionally: Note that a faction having a fully functional arsenal is a GOOD thing. Faction A having something fantastically better than faction B is fine too, but if and only if faction B has something fantastically better than faction A in either the same, or another category / role. Prowler Primaries being obscenely good is fine, IF the NC / VS have something similarly insanely good that performs the same role - currently, they do not. No one liked the original ZOE (except those with no concept of fair game balance), and the PPA did indeed need to die (Just not to the degree it did). The problem with the above, is that nothing was buffed to make up for this loss.

Prior to the Vulcan buff ~a year-ish ago, this was a valid complaint (Although the Prowler was still amazing) - The vulcan sucked, the Striker sucked, the Carv sucked, marauders sucked, Fractures sucked - the TR was a singularity of suck, and players rushed to escape the event horizon, mostly to the VS, and occasionally to the NC.

The VS is currently doing an impression of the TR in my (admittedly dramatic) depiction above, although not quite to the same extent. The pendulum of balance has swung, and true to form, SOE (Or rather, Daybreak now) has executed it's classical "massive freaking overnerf" in a variety of areas. In a nutshell, you're a bit late to the "TR sucks" salt party. It was justified 12-18 months ago, but for the most part, TR's lack of potency has been corrected.

Just not for the Striker, there's a better option for any possible role for a rocket launcher. It's versatile, with uniquely applied mechanics, but it doesn't pack much punch.
  7. DeadlyOmen

What happens if the hive is defended?
  8. Devilllike

the most good toys?....ok...ok...name them(btw its the best toys something to keep a note at)

whats op? oh let me guess u will be one of those people who will say...gatekeeper? oh no? maybe wait which weapon? as much as i tried in my faction i never found a weapon that would over excel against other factions and especially the prowler,few days ago i saw a freaking mag rider climb a hossin base from the inside on a freaking mountain and the prowler even has a hard time going up a clif!

The nc have an op shield that can beat a prowler even at half hp! with a freaking gatekeeper!

so go ahead surprise me name our op guns
  9. xxx-reaper

That doesn't solve the whole. THE DPS IS INSANE COMPARED TO OTHER TANKS.
    It's still eventually going to chew through the the garage and then the HIVE. The Magrider has nothing on the other two tanks for base damage, especially with the Saraphon being so inaccurate with rapid fire.
  10. Roxputin

I build solo bases all the time. I use a silo, a sunderer garage with repair modules and sheld modules inside the garage and also a maxed out repair sunderer inside the garage. I place all three turrets within the repair radius of my modules and rep sundy. I also place a skywall as low as possible to shield as much of the structures as i can.

a solo locked down prowler with a gatekeeper secondary absolutely shreds my turrets within seconds. I have also jumped out and tryed to repair gun the turrets while they were being shot. The dps was way over the top and that was just one solo prowler.

You are either ill informed or just biased.
  11. Liewec123

nope, i have a TR but my main is NC,
    and we've had the exact same arguments about phoenix squads killing bases.
    you know what they both have in common? noone thought about the insane idea of...going and killing them.
    a lockdown prowler is easy prey for air,

rather than threads like this calling for things to get nerfed because everyone is ignoring it and letting it casually kill the base,
    go kill it!
  12. Jake the Dog

No... It really won't...
  13. zaspacer

Do you even play the solo game on PS2? I am talking toward solo play and the casual Standard game on PS2. I am not talking about Organized Play on PS2.

I don't think you know what you are talking about with regards to extreme range Infantry AV in the Standard Game. Phoenix and Raven are great for their role, but neither of them give NC the extreme range Infantry AV they need to pressure Vehicles off key positions. Phoenix and Raven don't have the Range to reach these targets.

With a single Striker or Lancer, I can solo push Ground Vehicles off key positions. Lifting enemy pressure on allied positions, disrupting enemy movement and support, and opening up avenues for allied positioning. Harassers can situationally be a counter to this because of their mobility and speed and firepower, such that they can respond to you and drive to you and take you out (though Striker is strong vs. Harasser at close ranges). And any enemy Air typically needs to be driven off first, or they can frequently, trivially fly over to you and take you out.

It's not my fault that the Organized Play is so stunted by OP gimmick tricks that they don't have to actually deal with these types things. But for the Standard Game, these types of tactics are very powerful and account for much of NC's problems with not being able to deal with enemy pushes on them: they don't have any reliable spot solution to affect and disrupt or push back the enemy positions.
  14. guerrillaman

This thread....

Its like I'm a squad leader, pushing the microphone button to talk, and it indicates I'm actually speaking... but people are still trying to cap the points the bio lab.
  15. AlexR

Wow what an incorrect thread. I guess OP was trying to build the whole sneaky base with his friend and suddenly prowler ruined their fun, then he came here for this thread. Fisrt of all base is a base, build it with plenty of people and don't hope to get your own armoured castle without squad help.
    Second: as a prowler driver i see a lot of lies here. I have the fully certed one and i can tell that i never attack any base when solo-driving. Because of how quickly will ammo go away, it just eats it insanely fast. You can't destroy the base with a single solo run, stop saying that. Also because of how strong are walls and base turrets, its not as fast to destroy one as you described. And there is always a tureet to shoot my glued tank, i don't like to deploy near the player bases. It there are more than 1 people defending its not that profitable for prowler to attack. And almost always something arrives to counter me so i need to be smart enough to keep some ammo for defence. Your stories about 1 prowler harassing 3 engies in the base are laughable and invalid, that happens only with lowbr newbies. The only once i attacked the base alone: when it was close anough for me to stay near ammo tower and even then in found that stupid to do. So yeah, nothing wrong with that, stop your fantasies.
    • Up x 1
  16. AlexR

Ah i forgot about raven-maxes. They just have an ability to remove prowlers ability, if you see one, you undeploy and run. We'll talk about our "op" lockdown when something will be done with running pixel using dual turrets with an ability to aim rockets on the fly.
  17. Bruiserdog

Here is an Ability Fix for all tanks:
    Magrider - 15 second cool down timer to shoot again after using Magburner.
    Vanguard - Reduced speed by 75% while Vanguard Shield ability is active.
    Prowler - Range for weapons reduced by 50% while in lockdown mode.

This way all tanks have a penalty not just knocking down the prowler.
    Seems reasonable.
  18. Pelojian

i see:

nerf these tanks because i don't want to actually counter them, i want a CoD simulator that isn't CoD.

bases are meant to be teamwork structures that stand up to enemy fire because you have multiple AI, AV, AA turrets with support modules like skyshield, repair and shield module for sundie garages.

prowlers in lockdown burn through ammo so fast, a base with a properly supported AV base turret (see:repair modules) you can scare off a lone tank easy or make them burn through their ammo. the only time an AV turret can't do the job is when it's being built while the base is under attack, structures in the build phase are easy to destory.

pull teamwork it's the most OP thing in the game.

Construction > Teamwork Play.

sure some bases built by a 1-2 players can be useful if sited correctly so they are hard to attack. but in the end they won't stand up to any serious attack.
  19. guerrillaman

No. Not an incorrect thread.

I've tested. No fantasy.

12 seconds to destroy 1 AV turret.

I wonder if you Prowler lovers realize the only effective turret is the AV against you, and you can only build one per person AND most people haven't unlocked it. Go to any nearby base. You'll find 16 AI turrets, and 2 AV turrets.

Scenario.

Base:
    4 engineers, 4 heavies, 4 maxes, 4 AV turrets, 4 AA turrets, 12 AI turrets. Repair and shield modules all around.

Attackers:
    4 Prowlers with a gunner AP lockdown/gatekeeper. 1 Ammo sundy.

Plan:
    1) Prowlers all target 1 AV turret each from 400m. All AV turrets are now gone. Take cover, resupply. Time to complete? 30 seconds.
    2) Prowlers all target 1 AA turret each from 400m. Engineers notice attack and start repairing AA turrets. All AA turrets are now gone. Take cover, resupply. Time to complete? 45 seconds.

The rest is history. The entire anti air and ground turret defenses are gone in 75 seconds. Not a single max, heavy or turret was even able to touch you.... because all their ranges are limited around 200m to 300m.

If you are one of these Prowler lovers and you CAN'T do this. YOU need to GIT GUD.
  20. guerrillaman

I have a recording, today. Will be uploading shortly. No less than 5 engineers were on a turret to keep it from going down from ONE prowler.