[Suggestion] Make vehicle users have a reason to fear infiltrators.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Niamar, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Niamar

Vehicle users have been asking for dark light headlights, give them an actual reason to fear infiltrators ...

Greatly increase our explosive bolt damage to vehicles.

OR

Let us hack the vehicle they are driving, apply our faction tag, ejecting all occupants. If I can't get in it, fine deconstruct it.

OR

Give us an EMP bolt that momentarily disables the vehicle, all weapons and defenses.
  2. FateJH

I didn't know you weren't capable of killing me while I'm attempting repairs.
    • Up x 2
  3. Taemien

Hacking is on the PTS or will be soon. There's nothing else needed.

EMP grenades affecting vehicles makes no sense. Its already powerful.
    • Up x 1
  4. ChickenPotPie

Not the role they were designed for. Thats like saying "Make Medics more effective against ESFs!"

Although a smart infiltrator would hijack AV turrets and use them to punch holes in the rear of armor if the problem was enemy armor. (Not only would it serve as a distraction from the front line, there is also a high chance youd kill / critically damage the vehicle before it even noticed wear fire was coming from.)
  5. Khallixtus

The first question is why there needs to be a reason for them to fear you. As a lightly armed, lightly armoured infiltrator, you want to have absolutely ZERO things to do with a vehicle thats capable of blowing your unprotected *** off Auraxis.

Infiltrators do not and should not have anything to do with vehicles beyond terminal hacking. And as Fate said above, you can always kill the occupant during repairs. An empty vehicle (except Sundies) isn't going to accomplish anything and often get very quickly destroyed.
    • Up x 4
  6. ChickenPotPie

I am getting the feeling most people think all Infiltrators are Solid Snake or some crap with the "Nerf this, add this blah blah blah" crap... I think I am just gonna stop replying to these types of threads because its maddening XD
    • Up x 3
  7. Devilllike

how many odds are there for u to die while u repair? you can just drive a bit far and thats it u are safe
  8. Devilllike

infis are not supposed to be a threat to vehicles but with cloack a vehicle is not really a threat to an infi
  9. Jex =TE=

I have the same feeling. I love playing the Inf but no, AV options should never be part of the Inf's profile. Why not just give them c4 and be done with it. The only thing they need to fix, and ANOTHER thing that 2 years later they still haven't, are the graphics options. I already saw a post telling me exactly what to set to make sure I see them the best. If I can see them so easily, or they can see me so easily, why bother cloaking at all?
  10. FateJH

If you aren't trying to catch Vehicle drivers while they're repairing, either in CQC by being behind their front lines, or sniping them from afar, you aren't even fighting Vehicles correctly in the game with what tools you already have.

To put it another way, what value would Vehicle hacking have if the Infiltrator were not already at a range where he could ambush the driver if the driver got out?
  11. Rikkit

I don't know, why every cloaker is complaining about "no AV-Options" shure, vhicle hacking will be nice, but until than, we have the wraith-fury-flash to deal with vehicles in an effective way.
  12. Devilllike

dude i am a sniper and i do the thigns you say but killing them from far away is not easy at all if they move rapidly unless you are one of those dudes who just simply stand there as if they are asking to get killed

Other than that vehicle hacking IS happening they ALREADY have it underway,but i NEVER got killed while repairing my vehicle i just drive a bit far they just cant catch up to me and even if they try to snipe i just move like nuts and in order to snipe something like this is not easy and i am talking from expirience the expirience of someone that can snipe headshot an atv at 400 meters while the atv is sprinting...dont try to make something sound much worse than what it trully is.

Sniping takes skill and if an infi is capable of achieving this kind of level then he deserves to be rewarded not liek the heavy class that is press to win.

if you do not wish to get killed then move acordingly
  13. Stormsinger

This comment has me curious... I thought they shelved vehicle hacking back when Daybreak took over (along with all other 'upcoming' things except for what was explicitly stated at the time) - would you happen to have a source on the return of impending-vehicle-hacking?
  14. Campagne

Proximity radar says "hi."
  15. Vorest

Inflis are good as they are now. All classes can more or less deal damage to armor(mines, c4, rockets etc...) and infli can do it too, just not so directly. You are ninja-ninja assassin, not another HA Rambo. You can hack turret, or hide somewhere near bunch of enemy mines and wait with EMP in hand... Soon with hacking empty vehicles you will be able to steal that parked MBT and and ruin some faces.

I really enjoy plying as infli, but giving us more ways to deal with armor... nay, it would be OP IMO, it's HA and Engi job to blow stuff.
    • Up x 1
  16. Taemien

Here it is:

https://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/v/70343640

You can see it at about 32 minutes. Whole video has some interesting stuff in there.
    • Up x 1
  17. FriendlyPS4

Yea because hacking parked enemy armor soon won't be OP at all..:rolleyes:
  18. Sil4ntChaozz

No. Not intended role. Vehicle hacking? Yes. For now placing claymores near parked sundys will have to do. Because overshadowing other classes isn't, don't want to say fair but, fair to the other AV capable classes. Like they'll actually get darklight headlights. If they do, THEN you can say 'I called it' and talk counters.
  19. Devilllike

Sure but that works ONLY when you are driving it
  20. Campagne

When drivers are the most protected and in most cases immune.