Prowler vs ANY Hive

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by guerrillaman, Jun 27, 2016.

1. guerrillaman

A fully certed solo prowler can take out a hive with multiple AI turrets, shields, repair modules at 200+ meters.

The repair modules plus 3 repairing NGs repair slower than their spam fire.

This is dumb.
    • Up x 1
  2. orangejedi829

I've been of the opintion that lockdown Prowler is stupid OP compared to other tanks for a long time now.
    But that's just me.
    • Up x 1
  3. SpeedFreakPS1

Yep, prowler's are more op against constructs than anything else in the game I think, there is no denying this.
    • Up x 1
  4. LaughingDead

Dps prowlers shine when facing Dps obstacles like constructs, simply faction nature.

However a faction being significantly better at an entire area of the game than the other two is simply ********.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pelojian

any player base defense utilizing purely turtling tactics will eventually lose to an attacker, get some buddies and push from an adjacent friendly base with vehicles to counter prowlers(just like you should do against NC/VS vehicle&infantry attackers), don't sit their trying to build more defenses that can be destroyed before completion because the enemy is at the gates, don't just sit there and repair stuff.

get out there and hammer the enemy on their flanks where they are weak instead of sitting in the 'trenches' or hitting them head on.

people need to go outside the base or flank from a friendly base to break off the enemy attack, you can do almost the same thing with vanguards, phoenixes and ravens or magriders, lancers or vortexes.

pre-contruction
    *prowler uses lockdown and is completely vulnerable to enemy fire for the trade off - NC/VS think everything is fine

post-contruction
    *prowler uses lockdown and is completely vulnerable to enemy fire for the trade off - NC/VS lose their minds!

really? countering lockdown prowlers hasn't changed.

see people are fine with asymmetrical balance when it's in their favor but suddenly when it's not they'll try to nerf that thing that they won't counter properly.
    • Up x 9
  6. SwornJupiter

If you're letting a prowler snipe your hive, that's just poor base design on your part. The construction modules are there to assist in a defence, but no **** a sniper tank will snipe your HIVE if it's unprotected. The prowler becomes helpless when the HIVE is properly protected with walls and other fortifications.

It's clear that you left a gaping hole in your defences - a weakness which ANY MBT could exploit.
    • Up x 5
  7. Bruiserdog

Call a lib friend to take care it, libs can kill a prowler in 0.013 seconds.
    • Up x 2
  8. SpeedFreakPS1

All the defending Prowlers on the this thread must be TR, try playing against a prowler rush down on your constructs and I'll bet you'll be jumping back to your main tr char soon enough.

TR simply own taking down constructs plain an simple and this advantage is too great and unbalanced compared to the other factions.
  9. SwornJupiter

Unless they run HE shells, they are not going to be doing anything against construction objects. But the issue the OP brought up was HIVE sniping. If a HIVE can be sniped from a safe distance by a Prowler, it reflects upon the poor base design. Obviously the people didn't use fortifications to cover important angles, and obviously have severe deficiencies in their base design.
    • Up x 5
  10. kr47er

prowlers are not the problem here, and this problem its gonna be mostly fixed soon.
    they're gonna make all shielded structures invulnerable,so...
    still any tank could easily bring down skywalls, i think they need to be vulnerable just in the module.
  11. kr47er

also the skywall's height should be modificable.
  12. Haquim

Give me a VS squad following orders and I'll annihilate your prowler rush without even leaving the base....
    • Up x 2
  13. Pelojian

yeah but then they'd have to go to the effort of joining as a squad and buying and using a microphone, seriously even in EQ2 you get idiots that can't coordinate worth a damn, there's this one named you have to coordinate and a specific player has to destroy an item they get and if someone that isn't that person destroys their own stack they die and too many deaths and you wipe.

people who won't coordinate in a group/squad shouldn't play multiplayer, there's nothing wrong with lone wolf play but when the enemy is disrupting your faction's fun teamwork and tactics is usually the only cure, if you are in a PVE environment and a group need your coordination and you don't give it, you are roadblocking them at most and annoying them at the least.
  14. guerrillaman

You guys are funny.

1) Prowler on lockdown destroys any turret within about 10 seconds. A lot of good "go get some friends and kill him" will do. By the time you reach him, all the turrets are gone.

2) Use angles better. Oh you mean, render your own turrets useless. Got it. If you can shoot at him, he can shoot at you... right?

3) Call a Lib? In 60 seconds, the prowler took out 3 walls and 3 turrets.

So think about this. The prowler destroys 6 objects within about a minute that takes you in excess of 15 to 20 to create (collect resources, etc). That is the very definition of overpowering.

Now I understand why I keep seeing 5-7 player bases within 1000 meters of their factions warpgate.
    • Up x 1
  15. stalkish

''All TR use OP weapons on their vehicles, non have any skill due to this.''

Generalisations arn't funny, they are also never accurate.
  16. Alexkruchev

I actually saw no less than 6 lockdown prowlers on Indar yesterday firing a combination of AP/Heat at a wall. It had a basic repair nodule up, and maybe 2 engies on it. The wall hp did not move discernably more than once, even with other AT fire hitting the wall. You are all mistaken. That said, the main thing that happens isn't they're sniping your hive- they're sniping your auto repair nodes, because when those go, bases crumble in moments.
    • Up x 1
  17. Haquim

Personally I think communication is usually not necessary if every player simply does something that makes sense.
    I can pull a tank on my own, let's say four other people have this idea and we have five tanks hitting the enemy flank.

1.) I said without leaving the base. Its a Prowler. Locked down. Especially VS can simply use Lancers and "beam" it away.
    I can hit them with a decimator from 300m ffs. Also rumour has it that turrets can shoot back.
    If you really HAVE to leave the base coz you can't do it like this... get a couple AP lightnings or properly equipped Harassers in your base to act as cavalry and hunt them down when the need arises.
    Be prepared to defend your base, instead of going "oh I didn't expect that. It must be OP"

2.) Yeah, no. Thats not what he meant at all. What he meant is that your skyshield is supposed to cover your turrets. I have seen very few bases where a tank was able to shoot even half the turrets, while most would have been able to shoot him.

3.) A lib is indeed a bit unwieldy. And totally unnecessary See 1.)
    Aside from that.... walls are riddiculously sturdy. I'd be impressed if even a locked down prowler could destroy one in a minute, never mind 3.
    At least I have seen ONE defended wall go down since construction hit live. And we had locked down Prowlers. More than one. A LOT more.
  18. Stormsinger

Pretty much, my first character was TR in eeeeeeearly beta. Prowlers were one of those things that I always just assumed would be nerfed to be in line with the other MBTs... Prowlers are analogue of the prenerf ZOE max in the armor arena - the only thing keeping them from being as obviously OP as the ZOE was, is the fact that vehicles don't cap points.

Prowlers are also the TR's primary means of long-range anti vehicle, given that their infantry lacks anything as potent as the NC / VS have. Personally, I think some of the Prowler's extreme potency should be shifted over to TR Infantry.
  19. guerrillaman

I don't think 200m is what the problem is. I believe its shooting from like 400m.

If your shield is blocking enemy fire, this means your shield in in a valley, preventing the usage of the turret. Turrets can shoot back, yes, but they are horribly slow and do nothing in the 10 seconds it takes them to be destroyed.

Basically, the solution is...

Build near your warpgate, build in a valley, build with a large squad, hang out in your base and do nothing else.

And you haven't seen a fully certed out Prowler attack a turret with repair modules on them then.
  20. Armcross

Once me(HEAT) and my gunner(gatekeeper) practically kill a sizable base with a single Prowler. We just knock out the silo from a fare. It was not supported by repair module, expose from a great distance, no body repairing it and no body attacking us. I guess we took out that silo under 2mins.